My Speech | Teen Ink

My Speech

By Mal_202703 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Mal_202703 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Dear President Trump: 

You may not be aware that-there is a lot of teen suicides and the cause is bullying. I am writing to tell you that this bullying should be to a stop. There is 1 suicide to every 25 attempts- this is not okay and not only that there is 2 times as many deaths because of suicide than there is HIV/AIDS. There is about 4,400 deaths a YEAR. 10-14 year old girls have committed suicide because of bullying. Teen suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death. There are about 100 suicide attempts. 

You may also not know that-kids who are bullied are most likely to bring a weapon to school. It is estimated that 160,000 kids skip school because they are frightened to go to school due to school shootings. There are about 2.1 MILLION bullies and 2.7 million are victims. Bullying is only illegal if it is harassment or physical- now I don’t think that is right- people think bullying is only physical. There are many types of bullying, there is harassment, physical, cyber, and verbal, most people don’t think calling people names is bullying. The Columbine school shooting was because of a bully going too far with things. 

Now I think if we work together we can make a difference. We can change the world, but without hope- without work-without team work we will not and cannot make this change. I am writing you to help make us happier, to make us feel like we matter. If you really wanted to make America great again you would help lower the suicide rating not only that you could help change people with this change, we can lower chances of school shootings. The cause of the Flordia school shooting was because the shooter was always left out because he was "weird" that’s bullying. Now, if we were more strict on this that tragedy wouldn’t have happened. So please help, not just me but everyone who is having thoughts of suicide and shooting up the next school. Kids should not be scared to go to school. Please help us and make a difference... Make America great again.

Sincerely, 

Malina G.

I rote this because i think that everyone should know what has been happening. From experiance of being bullied i think it should be to a stop.