An Idea, A Belief, The Hope | Teen Ink

An Idea, A Belief, The Hope

March 12, 2018
By Quazar BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Quazar BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"God wouldn't put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could handle it."


3/12/18

Dear President Trump,

Earth- the planet we love- the planet of our birth-  the planet, WE, neglect. As people, WE go off into space, trying to solve the universes mysteries, well, at least that's what we've been told. We've been lying to ourselves, saying that what we're doing in space is worthwhile, the only thing we've done is run away, and abandon the only planet that showed humanity mercy. And I'm using We since WE'VE done nothing- WE have said nothing to the ones with the power- WE have stood idly by as humanity has done a crippling blow to Earth- I think it's time that WE, put a stop to it.

God gave us this planet, so WE can flourish with it, and how do we repay him? WE abandoned Earth- WE put holes in Earth- WE left Earth to die alone, instead of helping Earth live with us. Humanity has performed many a sin but leaving Earth- leaving your HOME- leaving your PROTECTOR, that's the biggest sin of all. WE talk about the constitution, but, what's a piece of paper going to mean when Earth dies?

Every time a space craft is used, the gases they emit destroys the Earth's ozone layer. When the ozone layer is destroyed they'll be nothing stopping the sun from burning us to a crisp and making the land WE should've loved; Hell- On- Earth. The chemicals that are released into the Atmosphere can cause cancer. How will you be able to look your dying child in the eye when you tell them that YOU are the reason that they will cease to live on Earth. It's not too late though, WE just need to act Now- NOW is the time to do the work that God entrusted us to do- NOW is the time for us to breathe new life on our protector. WE put Earth in debt, NOW it's time to put effort in the debt that's been long waiting. It's not like WE don't know where to start- WE do- WE know what to do- WE don't cause of greed's metallic and paper incarnations. The pen is mightier than the sword, words are stronger than them both, I use the pen and words to convey that the world is the best friend humanity has. For once in a long time in human history, let's fix OUR mistakes.

Sincerely Quaseer S.


The author's comments:

I chose this topic because the planet has helped me in ways that i've just begun to consider, and this topic is my way of giving back.