Bad Protests | Teen Ink

Bad Protests

By Nova3234 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Nova3234 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Marches are good and express our right to free speech, but what if a march is blocking a road for an ambulance. How would we feel if we were involved in a protest that was blocking a road that wouldn’t allow an ambulance to cross? Trump protests have been going on for a while these protests are probably the most violent protest with looting, rioting and violence. Today I will talk about the three most common protests blocking roads, marches and rallies. Now throughout history we have had lots of protests, but none quite like these.

Blocking roads is a form of protest that is the most dangerous out of the three. People are trying to get home or going to work and dont have the patience to take another route and will just plow right through the protesters often times injuring or killing them. People see these protests as getting their message out to more people, but i see it as a ignorant thing to do especially people who are trying to just drive to there destination. Blocking a highway or road is not only dangerous but it makes people's message seem worse or it just makes people hate their message even more. This form of protest is not only dangerous for the protesters but for people driving  their cars or riding their motorcycles. Last year in November just before the elections people were out protesting Trump on a busy road when an ambulance carrying a four year old girl's father to a hospital was killed because he didn’t get to the hospital in time. Protesters were blocking the roads not allowing the ambulance to pass leading to an alternate route that took forty five extra minutes to get to the hospital which killed the man. “I can’t today. They can give their f**cking safety pins to my patient’s fatherless daughter” this is what one of the ambulance drivers said I got his quote from snopes. Blocking roads can lead to serious consequences like injury and death, but are marches like blocking a road.

Marches are another scary protest which involves being on the road, however these are not as scary as they are usually blocked off roads. Most marches have cops involved, but when these can turn violent real fast most commonly two different parties clashing it out then the cops get involved with pepper spray and arrests. Sometimes it can get so bad that shooters will come armed with assault rifles and shoot into crowds or at the cops. Now this happened with a BLM protest everything was peaceful until shots broke out in the midst of the crowd. This didn’t happen because of politics, but most of the things that have been going on in these past years it is definitely possible. Damaged property is one of the biggest things that happen during marches most people with break windows to stores and begin to loot the entire store ultimately making there entire protest seem like just some joke.They would go around screaming “PUT THE PIGS IN THE GROUND!” According to CBSNEWS. Rallies like marches can leave garbage and vandalism on people's properties which leaves a bad message.
Rallies these are one of the more safe types of protests as they are usually not on a road but on the sidewalk or in some grass. Most of these types of protests are perfectly fine hundreds or more of these types of protests happen everyday. Some cases however do involve people being on private property like farms where in one protests people were on a farmer's crops so he came out and sprayed manure at them.”Get off my fracking land!” TheGateWayPundit Furious Farmer sprays manure at oscar winning actress Emma Thompson after she breaks a court injunction to protest on his field. Like I said before most of these protests are on public land and are fine until some instigator from either party goes and begins to mess with them then people start getting assaulted and fights break out. Like I said before these protests can be on private property while some landowners may be fine with them being on their property they will leave trash and signs all across the property. This may seem like nothing but it can make an impact on their message and make them look bad.

So overall I talked about the recent anti-Trump protests and why some of them not only make their message look bad, but why they can be dangerous and outrageous. Protests have been going on for as long as humans have been alive whether it’s over something stupid or something political. Stopping protests from happening  would be an outrageous thought to think that we can stop violent and peaceful protests because people never agree on the same thing. Most people would think that marches are good and express our right to free speech, but what if a march is blocking a road for an ambulance.

I hope that people will see that protests are a good way to get your word or message out there, but when you are causing violence your protests seems bad