Donald Trump as President | Teen Ink

Donald Trump as President

There has been a lot of controversy with the two main candidates of the 2016 presidential election. In my opinion Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump brought a lot of hate to America, for example Donald Trump said he wanted to take all the immigrants out of America, the outcome of that was that people were being a lot more racist. When Trump won the election a lot of people were upset and scared of what was going to happen to America and more importantly them.
Donald Trump has said a lot of crazy things in the 2016 campaign, which in result has made most of America, hate him. Without knowing what he actually views and what he wants to do for America, they hated him; they said he was racist, arrogant, and some other words, which in my opinion is true. I do agree with some of his views though, for example he wants the military to be built up, he also wants to reduce taxes, especially for working and middle-income Americans, he said he will ensure that the rich will pay their fair share of taxes. Some other things he has said or he views I don’t agree with, like how he said he is going to build a wall between Mexico and  America, he said he also wants Mexico to pay for the wall.

A lot of people are scared of what it going to happen in the future, people like Muslims, African Americans, Spanish, and the LGBTQ+ community. The days after trump got elected there was a lot of hate. A note stuck on a car in North Carolina said “Can’t wait until your ‘marriage’ is overturned by a real president”, Philly Weekly said “Spay painted swastikas, racist graffiti, and references to Donald Trump and Nazi Germany have appeared on a south Philadelphia store front and elsewhere. The graffiti was spotted at Broad and Wharton streets a day after a bitter presidential election and on the 78th anniversary of Kristallnacht attacks on Jews in Germany in 1938.”, found on twitter, someone wrote “Parents at Shasta high school in Redding, California, just wrote me and said white kids brought in ‘deportation letters’ for Latino students”, The New York times said “At Canisius college in Buffalo, in what officials said began as a prank, a black doll was photographed hanging from a curtain rod in a dorm room on a Tuesday night. ‘One student created a meme with language about ‘Trump fans’ and sent it to friends’ a university statement said.”. All these quotes show encounters that people have had from trump supporters. Trump has also said some very hateful things about different races and people who aren’t like him.

Donald Trump is bringing some new people with him, and some people others don’t agree with. For example Mike Pence the Vice President, he doesn’t stand for same sex marriage and LGBTQ+ rights, also Steve Bannon, he is racist and does not stand for LGBTQ+ rights. One thing people do hope for in the future is that Trump and the white house will make the right choices to better America. Donald Trump wants to better the economy also; he said he wants to “Create a dynamic booming economy that will create 25 million new jobs over the next decade”. He also said “Do not cut social security or Medicare benefits. Grow the economy to save those programs”. These quotes show how he wants to take care of the economy and make it better.

In the future I hope to see that Donald Trump is a successful president and he’s done more good than bad. No one has any idea what Donald trump will bring and a lot of people are scared, and I’m a little scared also. I hope I’m wrong and Donald Trump will turn out to be a good president.