Brexit Crisis | Teen Ink

Brexit Crisis

January 19, 2017
By KMante PLATINUM, Leicester, Massachusetts
KMante PLATINUM, Leicester, Massachusetts
27 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Maybe its not about the happy ending, maybe its about the story.


I had just woken up, early  morning. It was about 6 am or so and I dragged myself downstairs as I mechanically grabbed the remote and switched the tv on; as I surfed channels. BREAKING NEWS I saw, well out of curiosity of course I went back. Something big was going on, it looked as if it was something serious. Brexit, the headline read. Till this day I still wonder why all the news channels had all of us confused. As an average American it was very hard for me to juggle such new terms. As the phrase Brexit, and the word E.U bounced back and forth I just started knowing that maybe something had somehow gone wrong. I thought things were just getting clearer when now the news station had suddenly switched side. There was now a woman defending the Brexit...As a lister, as the audience, I surely did suffer that early morning. Maybe if terms like the British exit or European Union were used, stress would have been prevented that early morning.


In the article we get a sense that the author just might be a non supporter of the British exit. Though the writer tried to be unbias, his attempt was “ordinary”, I say that respectfully. He started off by stating the negatives of the Brexit and it’s effect on the stocks, plus the former prime minister and his exit. The most significant part of the writer's introduction is the fact that he stated that the European Union was created to prevent World War III. It’s hard not to feel bad for the British people because it seems as if there pulling away from a covering a shield into the open, even when they themselves as a country are divided. The only part of this article that did touch me, or hit home was the 24 year old lady who made a very significant statement. "Good luck to all of us, I say, especially those trying to build a future with our children," she said. There's really two parts of this statement that should be given the potlight. First of all the young lady is only 24, she has a great future ahead of her, a great life ahead of her, and a long life ahead of her. Knowing that she's worried for her future and not only herself but the second part of this profound statement. She’s concerned for the well being of her kids. At 24 she's not concerned for herself or her bills but the future of her country and the affect it will have on her children.