Aliens and the Christian | Teen Ink

Aliens and the Christian

February 7, 2012
By .Skyye. GOLD, Oroville, California
.Skyye. GOLD, Oroville, California
15 articles 19 photos 134 comments

Favorite Quote:
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.

I walk by Faith, not by sight


People have believed Aliens have existed for thousands of years. Scientists believe the Pyramids were built by aliens as landing site for their ships, Scientists also say that Egyptian Hieroglyphics depict UFOs on pottery and stones found in Mexico. According to Mayan legend their knowledge was given them by “gods that came from the stars”.
People believe the Bermuda Triangle is an alien hot spot, a place where aliens abduct those sailing or flying through it.
[E.g. Amelia Earhart.]



About two weeks ago at a party with some Christian friends we all got to talking about aliens and if there was any chance of their validity, two of our group believed there could possible be some kind of alien life on another planet, while myself and another of my friends didn’t believe there was.


There is no true evidence of alien life; it is all speculation and conclusions drawn from man’s own wisdom.
Life isn’t an X-Files episode; the government is not hiding an alien body or a crashed alien spacecraft.
As can be easily read anywhere on the internet, in a magazine or a Scientist Journal, any “evidence” of alien life has been refuted, and the “evidence” explained in simple, logical and scientific means.


As a Christian, any possibility of alien life is impossible to me, I will use the Bible as my evidence.
The Bible states that Christ was sent to the earth by God to be a living sacrifice for the salvation of His elect.
Jesus was sent to die on the cross for His people, now, if there where in fact, aliens on another planet, did God send Jesus to die for them too? Did they get the same chance at Salvation that we here on earth got? Or did they not need it, do they even have sin?
Now, if any of these were true, it would immediately make Christ’s sacrifice on the cross useless, to make Christ die twice for the sins of His elect makes His death on the cross worthless.

Now, for the sake of not wanting to start an argument I will end here, and leave the rest for other’s to talk about.
But for me, as a Christian, aliens are an absurdity made up by man’s wild imagination and their own need to believe we “aren’t alone.” I would think that man would like to be the only sentient life in the universe; we are unique and wonderfully made.
What are your thoughts on it? If you believe in aliens, can you honestly, factually, and logically prove to me they are, in face, real?


The author's comments:
Not really too much to say, the second paragraph of the paper explains it.