Is all this commotion really necessary?! | Teen Ink

Is all this commotion really necessary?!

By kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado
kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado

"The more you take responsibility for your past and present, the more you are able to create the future you seek." - Author Unknown

Many people have heard of Black Friday. It's the Friday after Thanksgiving where alot of stores have sales. Most stores are crowded and people are out from as early as 10 o' clock from the night before until 8 o'clock in the morning. Some people even later! Alot of people choose that day for holiday shopping. Not only do people buy lots of things, but stores that aren't making good money make better money. Black Friday shopping is not as calm as you may think.

Colorado: At a local Target, a spiral wrapped around the entire bulding. This spiral has about 2-4 rings and the aurguing was not pretty. As soon as the doors opened at midnight the crowd rushed in, in about 3-5 minutes.

California: Southern California, an unidentified woman was so desperate to get her hands on a discounted Xbox 360 at Walmart that she pepper sprayed others in the store. Ten people were hit by the spray and another 10 suffered minor bumps and bruises in the ensuing chaos. Police say the woman had enough time to get her Xbox, pay for it and leave the store in no hurry. Was it really worth it? (The woman turned herself in to police 24 hours later, but has not yet been charged with any crime.)

New York :Walmart two women were taken to the hospital for injuries they sustained while trying to get a $35 smartphone deal. "I was shoved down and... kicked in the face," says one of the woman, who sustained bruises and cuts on her face, arms, and hand. "It was just like a stampede. All you heard was just like a herd of animals coming through there."

West Viginia:A Black Friday shopper died when he collapsed at a local Target store. Walter Vance, the 61-year-old pharmacist, who reportedly suffered from a prior heart condition, later died in hospital, reports.Witnesses say some shoppers ignored and even walked over the man's body as they continued to shop.Friends and co-workers saddened to learn of his death, expressed outrage over the way he was treated by shoppers. Where was the good side of the so called friendly shoppers?

Unknown Location(s): Well, you can expect this type of violence if the crowds on Black Friday had been historically so bad they killed a man. This particular takedown occurred at the same place where the Wal-Mart worker was killed, making the 2008 shopping season a historical war zone in that area.The eighth-month old pregnant woman was probably waiting to buy stuff for her soon to be newborn baby. Instead, she miscarried. The same group of people that knocked the doors off their hinges also managed to create the most brutal abortion imaginable. The woman lived, but her baby wasn't so lucky.

Black Friday is nearly a Holiday know! This may have not been meant to be but most of the Black friday incidents ( Most what have not been mentioned) have happend in Wal-Mart, a well known store in the United States. Is this Karma to all of the bad things people say about Wal-Mart? Or is it simply a coincidence?

This my point of view over Black Friday.