Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

By ediaj SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
ediaj SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Bullying is everywhere, it mainly occur in schools and even the internet.  About 60% of students get bullied inside and outside of school. Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among young children .The behavior is repeated over time. Both kids who are bullied and who bully others may have life long issues.

What are bullies? Bullies are sometimes children that get treated wrong at home so they come to school and treat others how they are treated. Or sometimes bullies just like to pick to show that they are the tuff guy, by harming another child’s ego. They love being center of attention. They do not care how others feel, and will do anything they can to make you feel embarrassed, humiliated  and like you don’t want to live anymore.

There are also several types of bullying. Physical, Verbal, Social  and Cyber.
Physical includes offensive hands on touching, such as, kicking, punching, tripping , pushing and ect. Verbal includes name calling, insults, teasing, and  racists marks.
Social is designed to harm someone's social reputation, or cause humiliation such as, lying and spreading rumors, or  jokes to embarrass and ruin reputation.

Cyber can be covert bullying behaviours using digital technologies, including computers and smartphones, software such as social media, texts, websites and other online medias.

Bullying is known as one of the biggest issues of teens in the U.S. It leads to damage, and harm, resulting to death . It causes suicide and is the third leading cause of death among young people. I believe there is about 5,000 deaths per year because of bullying. I find it sad and very disturbing  how kids take their own lives because someone is constantly picking with them. No one should have to feel like they should not live anymore because they’re getting messed with. Bully’s should be ashamed of themselves. They are ignorant and need to seek help.

Most children that get bullied are scared to tell an adult because the bully could have threatened to hurt them if they tell. Statistics show that if schools were to have bullying programs their would be less bullying because children will have someone to talk and relate too.I think that if parents paid more attention to their children and teachers paid more attention to their students, there would be less bullying as well. If your a bystander you can help reduce the percentage of bullying as well. If you see someone getting bullied be the help they need. Tell them that you are there for them and that they are not alone. You can even confront the bully, that may stop the problem from extending or if it does extend and the bully starts messing with you both , take it to an adult. You can be a such a big help a save a person’s life by STOPPING the situation from occurring at that very given moment.

I don’t believe in bullying it’s very wrong. And people that entertains the bullying is wrong as well.  If you are getting bullied don’t be silent. Talk to an adult that will help you. You are not alone. Stand up for yourself don’t be afraid. Don’t keep weight on your shoulders that you can get rid of. Get rid of that bully!