Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun... | Teen Ink

Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

By DallysGrrl PLATINUM, Middlesex, New Jersey
DallysGrrl PLATINUM, Middlesex, New Jersey

Summary:

Rachel came from a troubled home with a broken family. So it was only fitting that her and Anna, drug addict and daughter of two unhappy parents, be best friends.
But when Rachel is the only person witness to Anna's murder, will she have the courage to tell the secret she has kept for two years? Even if it may cost her the last bit of hope she has left?
A secret murder and a mourning friend do not mix. And Rachel's about to prove why.

Sarina D.

Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

Freckles3 BRONZE, ------------, Ohio

"The universe is not only queerer than we suppose; it is queerer than we can suppose."
~J.B.S. Haldane

My little brother has a peanut allergy..... He's eight years old. This scared me so much. I saw his face as I imagined Anna's. He's not going to ANY parties for as long as I can help it!

Thanks so much I'm glad you liked it. I did debate making it into a short story and I still may. I think more people view the short stories so I'm leaning toward just making it shorter and submitting it for more exposure. Thanks again!

Steph0804 GOLD said...
on Aug. 31 2011 at 7:15 am
Steph0804 GOLD, Seoul, Other

"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog: you understand it better, but the frog dies in the process." -E.B. White

This is so sad! But it was also very short... what if you compressed this and submitted it as a short story? I'm sure it'll be a hit!

Thanks! Glad you liked it. :)

This was so good! :) It was so truthful and captures many things that teens struggle with daily.  And of course, some additional things that are intereting and entertaining.  It makes me think of a few friends I have, and how much I need to be there for them, before it's too late.  This was written so well!