Leave it to Alice | Teen Ink

Leave it to Alice

June 14, 2013
By KCityGirl SILVER, Seymour, Missouri
More by this author
KCityGirl SILVER, Seymour, Missouri
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't Dream It; Be it!
~Kia Wyatt


Author's note: It is a love story but fantastic!

In the morning, Alice was getting ready for her first day of school. In the middle of the semester. The only reason why she wasn’t at school for the other half of the semester was because she was at her mothers. Her parents got a divorce when she was six years old. Her mother, Melissa got re-married two years later to a big football player named Frank. Alice’s mom is happy and so is her dad. Her dad, Robert is dating a woman Jessica.
Alice had to move to her dad’s because Frank is in the league, so he and her mom are traveling. But her mom and Frank dropped her off at the airport to go to Columbia, Missouri from Colorado. Alice hugged and kissed her mom and hugged Frank. She loved the air plane ride to Columbia. Because she sat by a guy that was really gorgeous. They talked on the whole flight. His name is Elijah and was seventeen. He was older then her by a year.
He asked her, “So, where are you going?”
“My dad’s”, she answered.
Alice asked him, “Where are you going?”
He said, “My dad’s as well.”
Later on they fell asleep. It took about eight to nine hour flight to get to their destination. The plane was about to reach the landing strip. As Elijah and Alice woke, the plane has landed. They looked at each other and smiled and they exchanged their cell numbers. Elijah smiled at her, she smiled back. They were getting their luggage. As they were getting of the plane, they hugged each other. Even though they didn’t know each other it felt like they did. They said, Good Bye to each other. They didn’t want to leave each other. Because the thought that they probably wouldn’t ever see each other anymore. As they got out of the airport he hugged her. He was about to kiss her cheek but her dad saw her and yelled, cause her was so excited.
But Elijah said, “Good Bye, I’ll call you.”
Alice said, “Okay.”
While smiling, then her dad and she left the airport.

Robert and Alice got home. She hasn’t seen him since the divorce. Alice had a shocking expression. Because the house was blue, about three in a half stories high, had white shutters, with beautiful flowers in all colors, it had a circle drive way with a bird bath in the middle. It was just beautiful! But she’s happy that she finally got to see him and possibly stay with him. But as they pulled in to the drive way, she got her bags and went slowly into the house. Because she didn’t know where to go, she was so excited. But as she walked in, she wasn’t anymore. Because her dad’s girlfriend was there and with her kids, Jessica has two kids, one girl and one boy. The little girl’s name is Lilly and she is seven years old. The boy’s name is Jessie and he’s fourteen. They’re both a pain! Alice didn’t like that her father was dating Jessica. She sensed something bad from her. But she mostly didn’t like her kids, because her dad would play with them. So Alice was jealous.
Anyways, Robert went to go show Alice her room. Her room was on the third floor. She had the second biggest room. Alice loved her room!
Alice yelled, “Oh my gosh! Dad this is huge! I LOVE IT!!!”
Her dad smiled.
He said, “I’m glad you like it hon.”
Alice said, “I like everything but your girlfriend and her spawns.”
As she said that she made a face. But she couldn’t stay mad she loved her room. It was a nice room. The walls were black with neon colors splattered on top. There was neon twinkling, crystalline colored lights hanging between the ceiling and wall, around the room. Her bed was a queen sized; it had bright, beautiful blue sheets and a solid, royal purple comforter. She had end-tables with a pink, digital clock on the right end-table and a picture of Alice and her old friends on the other.
Alice has a closet that leads to another, just like on “Hannah Montana”. There were new clothes and shoes. There were also jewelry and purses. She was happy, but she thinks that her dad and Jessica were bribing her. To possibly later tell her that they were getting married or anything else. But she loved her clothes, shoes, closet and her whole room. There were even a couple chairs and a nice, cherry red, wood coffee table. She also had a desk with a laptop.
With her dad buying all of these things, there’s got to be something to up. Alice asked her father,
“How did you afford all of this?”
He said, “I’m a Judge in the big house.”
Alice said, “Oh. Well still.”
She froze and said,
“Thank you dad.”
Alice smiled at her dad and hugged him.
Jessica yelled, “Dinner is ready!”
Alice and her dad went down stairs and sat in the dining chairs. The hot meal smelt really good. It was a “Welcome back home” dinner for Alice. Only she didn’t feel welcome because she felt different. But it was chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with white gravy and corn. Robert told Jessica to have white gravy because Alice loves white gravy more than brown. As they were waiting for the food to be passed around to all of them. As they all got what they wanted, they prayed in silence. But Alice at first didn’t know what they were doing. Because her dad never has done that before. But she guesses he prays now, because Jessica is a “hardcore Christian”. But Alice didn’t mind, but she mostly only prays when she’s alone in her room. They were done praying and ate their delicious food.
After they were done, they cleaned up. But later they had a chocolate cake. Chocolate cake, icing, and chocolate pudding in the middle. While they were eating the cake they watched “Wreck it Ralph”. Alice couldn’t finish the whole cake or movie. She fell asleep on the couch. Her dad carried Alice to her room in her bed and took of her shoes and covered her up. Robert also set her alarm for her first day of school tomorrow.
Everyone else got put into bed. But Robert and Jessica were talking.
Jessica asked, “When are you going to tell her?”
Robert said, “Possibly tomorrow.”
Jessica said, “Okay, well I hope it goes good. I mean my kids are excited.”
Robert said, “I know... But we will get through it.”

Next morning is Alice’s first day of school.
*Alarm Goes Off*
Alice wakes up, and gets ready for school. She goes to her closet and tries to figure out what to wear. Later on the others wake up and get dressed.
Her dad says, “Hurry up Alice you’re going to miss the buss!”
“I’m not going to ride the bus…” said Alice.
It got quiet after she said that. Alice’s dad went up to her room and said,
“I need to talk to you sweetie.”
“Okay… What is it dad?”
“I…”
“What’s wrong dad?”
“Jessica and I are getting married.”
“What!?”
“Jess…”
“Yeah I know what you said!”
“Sorry hun, but that’s what couples do when they’ve been dating for a while.”
“True… Okay. I’ll support you. Sorry that I’ve been a brat.”
“No you haven’t, I understand. I was the same about my dad.”
“Thanks dad. Love you.”
“Love you too.”
Alice’s dad went back down stairs and she finally decides to pick an outfit. She chooses to wear her red, short sleeved shirt with a panda ninja on it and says, “I’m a ninja you can’t see me!” She wore that with original black converse, dark blue skinny jeans and a black leather jacket. She tried to figure out how to do her hair. But she had no time to really do anything so she just did something simple and easy. She straightened her hair. Then she just put eye-liner and mascara on.
As she was going out her bedroom door, she took a quick look in the mirror and then left.
Alice got into her red escort with a sun roof. She starts the car, then her dad comes out and gives her a hug and asked,
“Uh… Where did this come from?”
“Well I couldn’t take my car on the plane daddy. So someone drove it here.”
“Why’d you have someone drive it all the way here!?”
“Well they offered and they were coming here anyways.”
*Robert smacks fore-head*
“Okay, have a good day at school.”
“Okay dad, love you.”
*Turns on car and drives off*
Alice drives into a parking spot. While everyone is looking at her, she casually gets out of the car. While everyone is staring, a guy comes up to here and says, “Don’t mind them.”
While she’s nervous and still trying to find out what to say. He also says,
“My name is Klaus, what’s yours?”
“Alice.”
“Beautiful name.”
“Thanks.”
“Want to be friends?” asked Klaus.
“Sure.” answered Alice.
“So are you single?” asked Alice.
“Nope.”
“Oh!” Alice said smiling.
“Who’s your girlfriend?” asked Alice.
“Oh, um… I’m gay hon, my boyfriend is running late.”
“Oh!”
*Laughs*
As they were walking into the school, Alice was freaking out again. The school was huge, Klaus and Alice walked up into the office and got her a schedule and got her locker number. Klaus had all the same classes as her except one, gym. Alice and Klaus going to first period after she got all her stuff in her locker. Her and him walk into their English class.
*Door slams and Everyone Stares*
The teacher says, “Hello Alice. Everyone this is Alice Salvatore.”
My name is, “Mrs. Heed, so why are you late?”
“Hi.” said Alice quietly.
Klaus cuts in and says, “Because I was taking her to the office and getting her locker number and schedule.”
“Okay, well just pick a seat.”
Mrs. Heed gives her a book and tells her to just sit by
Klaus. They sat by one of the windows, in the back in the corner of the room.
Klaus and Alice sit down in their seats. Elijah turns around and thinks he seen Alice. So he texts her,
“I see you!”
Alice looks around. Then sees him as well. She texts him back,
“I see you too!” said Alice with excitement.
Elijah and Alice stare at each other and smile. Klaus looks at Alice and sees that she’s staring and smiling creepily. Then he looks who she’s looking at and says,
“Oh girl.” Says Klaus while smiling.
“What?”
“You’re crushing on Elijah!”
*Klaus winks*
“Yep, him and I know each other.”
“How!?”
“We met on a plane. Talked and got to know each other.”
“Awe! He probably likes you.”
Alice hopes so, but she doubts it. The bell rang and Alice told Klaus that she’d catch up with him later. She went to her locker and Elijah went to her locker and hugged her from behind and said,
“Hey! I didn’t know you were going to go to this school.”
She said, “Yeah. Sorry I’m speechless.”
“It’s okay. I sort of am too.” Says Elijah while smiling.
As they were walking down the hallway he asked,
“What’s your next class?”
“Science.”
“Cool, mine too!”
Elijah and Alice smiled at each other. Alice sees Klaus and sits by him, while Elijah sits by her. Klaus gives her a note saying,
“There’s a big party tonight. The biggest popular girl named Jaz Franco is throwing it and it’s at her house. Do you want to go? I’ll pick you guys up. You can bring your boyfriend!”
Alice wrote him back,
“Lol. He’s not my boyfriend… Yet, but sure I’ll go. I’ll ask him.”
Alice writes Elijah a note saying,
“So I was wondering if you want to go to a party with me. Some popular girl is having it at her house, because her parents are out of town.”
He replies,
“Sure. Who’s going to pick us up? I would drive but I don’t know where Jaz lives.”
“Okay, well Klaus said he would pick us up. Can’t wait!”
“Me neither!”
Alice and Elijah look at each other and smile. Klaus looks and winks at her. Five hours later and school is over. Alice stacks her books and folders neatly, and then puts her pencil pouch in her locker. Elijah and Klaus meet up with Alice outside of the big colorful painted school. On the sides students have spray painted words. Alice offers to give them a ride home, but Klaus respectfully declined. Because he said he was going to go to the mall to buy a new outfit. So Alice just drove Elijah home. She didn’t mind. As they were in the car, it was awkward because it was silent. She didn’t know what to say and neither did Elijah. She and he were afraid to say something wrong or even more awkward. But Elijah got dropped off at his house and said,
“See you tonight.” said while smiling.
“See yea.”

Alice drives home. Then pulls into the driveway and runs up to her room, tries to pick out an outfit to wear tonight. Robert goes up stairs and asks,
“What are you doing?”
“Getting ready for a party.”
“What kind of a party!?”
“Don’t worry dad, I won’t drink alcohol or any of that bad stuff.”
“Okay good. Because if you do just call me.”
“So I can go?”
“Of course, I trust that you’ll make the right decisions and not do anything.”
“Dad I won’t!”
“Okay hon. Love you sweetie.”
“Love you too, I’ll show you my outfit when I find one that I want to wear.”
“Okay, can’t wait to see it. I’m sure you’ll look great.”
Robert leaves the room and Alice is still trying to find an outfit. Then finally she found one. She picked her short dark blue jean skirt with short violet purple leggings, violet purple tank-top, and a black leather jacket. She put on her purple converse. This time she curled her hair, put purple eye-shadow on the corner of her eye then white eye-shadow on the rest. Put black eye-liner and mascara on. It brought out her beautiful brown eyes.
Klaus knocked on Alice’s front door and her dad answered. Robert said,
“Hello.”
“Hello sir, is Alice here?”
“Yes she is.”
*Yells for Alice*
Alice yells, “Coming!”
Robert says, “Come in.”
“Thank you sir.”
“So are you my daughters date?” says him while giving him the stare down.
“No sir, I’m her gay best friend.”
“Oh! Well you’re very confident and blunt to say that.”
“I am sir.” says while smiling.
“Please call me Robert.”
“Okay Robert.”
Alice walking down the stairs and Klaus says,
“Wow girl, you are sexy!” says while grinning.

Alice and Klaus get into his car and goes to get Elijah. But first they stopped at a random gas station to obviously get gas. Then they went to get Elijah and as the lights were so very bright they saw a deer. But they just kept on driving. A short time later they arrived to Elijah’s and pulls into his driveway, Klaus honked and Elijah ran out. Elijah jumped into the car and they drove off to the party. They all were excited to go to the party but also nervous. They all promised each other not to drink alcohol.
As they arrive to the party, Klaus tries to find a parking spot. He could barely find one because everyone from the school was there. We finally found a parking spot. We walked into the house, Jaz’s house was huge and the music blasting in all rooms and areas! But as Klaus went to go talk and probably kiss his boyfriend, Elijah and Alice were talking about all different subjects. They pretty much knew a lot from each other because the air planes ride.
But as they were playing the song “Collide by Howie Day”, everyone was slow dancing. Alice was staring and listening to the song and Elijah was staring at Alice saying,
“Come on just ask her to dance!” in his head.
So Elijah asked and Alice of course said yes. As they’re slow dancing, she looked up at him and then he looked at her and smiled. Alice put her chin gently on his left nice muscled shoulder and Elijah was holding her close with his arms around her. Everyone knows they like each other, except them. Then the song changed to, “California by Hollywood Undead” and slowly pulled away and looked at each other right in the eye in kissing position and as they were just about to kiss, Klaus ran over there and said,
“Come on dance with me, I love this song!”
Elijah looked at her, and as Alice was running with Klaus to the dance floor and turned around and smiled. Klaus and Alice were dancing and grinding on each other while she and Elijah were looking at each other and wishing a slow song was next. When the next song came on, it was a song that Alice did not know. So she went and sat down then Elijah came and sat down by her. Klaus wanted to leave so he went over and told Alice and Elijah he wants to leave. They asked why and it was because his boyfriend got into a fight. So they left the party and drove into Elijah’s driveway and said,
“I can drive Alice home, if you want?”
Klaus said, “Really? Because I really want to go home.”
“Yeah, I’ll take her home.”
“Okay, thanks.”
Alice said, “Okay, text you tomorrow Klaus. Love yea.”
“Love yea too hon.”

Alice gets out of the car, and says bye to Klaus. Then Alice and Elijah get into Elijah’s car. Elijah starts the car, puts his seat belt on and tells Alice to put hers on. Alice puts her seat belt on and Elijah drives her home. He pulls into the driveway and walks Alice to her door. Alice said,
“You didn’t have to walk me to my door.”
“Well it’s like we were on a date and so I’m doing so.”

“This was a date?”

“No.”
“Oh…”
“But next Friday?”
“Really?”
“Well of course!”
“Okay.” says Alice while smiling.
Once again they were about to kiss and Jessica opened the door to go out. So he hugged her and said,
“I’ll text you when I get home.”
“Okay, bye.”
“Bye.”
Alice went inside and Elijah went home. Alice went to go hug her dad and then ran upstairs to her room and shut the door. She leaned her back against the door and smiled. She changed into her poke-a-dotted pajama pants and took her shoes and socks off. Ran down stairs and got Dorito bag of chips and a bottle of water then went back to her room. She couldn’t sleep; she was thinking about Elijah all night and watching movies. Elijah also couldn’t go to sleep because he couldn’t stop thinking of her.

Elijah texted her and said,
“Hey.”
But Alice left her phone in his car. She didn’t even notice because she couldn’t think of anything or anyone because the only person and thing she was thinking about was Elijah and next Friday. They both finally fell asleep. She fell asleep on the right side and he fell asleep on the left. They were both dreaming about each other.
Next morning, Alice woke up and went to go use the bathroom and when she got done she was looking for her phone and was freaking out because she thought she left her phone at the party. But then she remembered she had it when she got into Elijah’s car, because she checked to see if her mom tried calling. So Alice is just going to wait until they see each other on Monday. On Sunday she went shopping for her date on Friday. She found a short, turquoise, and spaghetti strapped dress. It was like a summer dress. Alice got her cell phone back and her and Klaus hung out most of next week not including Friday.
Four days went by and so today is Friday. Alice was so excited and happy that this week went fast. Elijah was also excited but they both tried to hide it. Klaus went over to Alice’s house to help her with her hair and make-up and to rate her outfit that she picked out on Sunday. Alice put the pretty dress on and put her heels on. Klaus loved the dress but not the shoes. He thought it just did mesh well together. So he went in her closet and stopped because he never seen her closet. He looked all around and said,
“Dang girl, you have really great taste!”
“Most of these I didn’t buy, my dad and Jessica did.”
“Well still.”
Klaus was looking for the right pair of shoes to match the dress, as Alice was putting them on and Klaus was looking through her make-up. Alice had her dress and shoes on and now Klaus is doing her hair. He’s going to put her hair up into a messy bun and have strands of curly hair out off a bun. After he got done with her hair he put diamond studs on both ears, and then was putting silver eye-shadow because there was some silver on the dress and shoes. Then he put black eye-liner and mascara on.
Alice was done and Klaus lay on her bed thinking it was a work out. So finally Elijah pulled into the driveway and went up to the door and knocked. Alice screamed of excitement and Klaus told her to calm down act natural. Jessica answered the door and said,
“Hello. You’re here for Alice I’m guessing?”
“Yes ma’am.”
*Jessica yells for Alice*
*Alice yells Coming*
Alice and Klaus runs down stairs. Then on the final staircase they act casual and natural. Alice walks to the door and looks at Elijah and Elijah looks at Alice and says,
“Wow.” accidently out loud.
Alice blushed and giggled inside. She said bye to Klaus and left with Elijah. Elijah opened the passenger car door for Alice and she said,
“Thank you.”
He said, “You’re very welcome.”
Alice got into the car and Elijah got in the car on the driver’s side. He started the car, Alice and Elijah put their seat belts on. Elijah starts the car and drives to, “Burger King” drive through, then drives to the outside theater to watch “The Notebook”. The theater was having old movie night so it played best romantic movie of all time. Elijah’s car had a table thing in the back and they went in the back to sit and eat back there. Then put the front seats down. As they were eating and watching the movie, Elijah slowly looks at Alice then Alice looks at him and he looks back at the movie. Alice smiled and looked back as well.
They were done eating and put the table back down into this inter ground thing that the table goes in and through their trash away. Went back to the car and sat on his couch in the back and watched the movie. Alice was on the right side and Elijah was on the left. They were far from each other then started scooting closer and closer. Once again they looked at each other and smiled, only this time they didn’t look away. They were leaning in for a kiss then they were once again interrupted. This time it was the movie because it made a big noise.
The movie was over and they put the seats back where they were and got back into their seat and put their seat belts on. Elijah drove Alice home; he pulled into their driveway and walked her to her front door. Alice said,
“This was an interesting date.” said while smiling.
“Well this won’t be the last one.”
“Okay, I’ll be glad to go on more with you.”
Elijah smiles, and leans in to kiss her. This time he just kissed her on the check. She blushed and smiled. Alice hugged him and said,
“Goodnight, talk to you tomorrow and maybe see you tomorrow.”
“Okay, goodnight.”

Alice goes inside and sees Klaus. Klaus is spending the night; they made a bag of popcorn and went into the theater room. Alice told Klaus everything and then in a flash they fell asleep. Robert got two blankets and covered them up and turned the movie off.
Saturday morning Alice and Klaus woke up to great smell of breakfast. So they slowly walked into the kitchen and saw sausage and pancakes. Jessica made it and got them plates and put pancakes, sausage on their plates and then syrup on top. They went into the dining room and ate. They liked it, they thought it was delicious. When they got done eating, Klaus went to go change and go home. He had to go home because he had to do chores.
Alice cleaned her room, took a shower and then got dressed in to black basketball shorts, a pink tank-top and just put on pink socks.
*Someone front door knocks*
Alice runs down stairs to answer the door, because no one was home. Everyone went to the store and had to go to the pharmacy. Alice opens the door and it happens to be Elijah! Elijah came to her house out of nowhere and Alice said,
“Elijah what are you doing-“
Elijah cut her off and kissed her.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.