Haunted | Teen Ink

Haunted

By Jane,Rider BRONZE, Cartersville, Alabama
Jane,Rider BRONZE, Cartersville, Alabama

Our Love is like the wind, I can feel it but I can't see it~A Walk to Remember

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."~ Romeo and Juliet

Author's note: This is your original boy meets girl story with my own twists.

Is this the right thing to do? was the question Megan Dale tossed around in her mind while she ran through the woods. Megan felt a sense of déjà vu, then she remembered her dream she had about a week ago. Megan was running through the woods when she tripped over a root, and passed out after seeing the blood. Remembering this Megan kept her eyes on the ground to keep from tripping on that root from her dream, when instead Megan ran into a tree and of course it knocked her out.

Waking up to a dark room, Megan screamed in terror. Megan had always been afraid of the dark when she knew where she was, and now that she had no idea where her body laid, her fear became greater. Megan waited in silence thinking of different scenario’s that could have happened. Maybe her mom had found her and taken her home, or maybe she was still in the woods. Megan just didn’t want to think about the possibility of someone kidnapping her. Why did I have to be stupid and run away from home, Megan thought to herself, why couldn’t I face my fears like a real person. Megan thought of John’s terrifying proposal and her running off into the woods like a coward. John was Megan’s best friend, but she just didn’t love him like that. Megan’s dispute with her mom earlier that day had meant something, she just didn’t know what at the time, at least now she knew her mom was trying to convince her to marry John. Suddenly Megan heard footsteps. “ So Megan, you’re finally awake.” A strange, mysterious, sexy voice said in the dark.
“ Where am I? Who are you? How do you know my name?” Megan questioned.
“You are with me, in my mansion in Transylvania.” The strange man said.
“ Who are you? why am I here? How do you know my name?” Megan whined.
“ I am Jeremy Landers, now enough with the questions.” he said. Jeremy? What a handsome name for a handsome man. Megan thought. Black silk, very messy hair, Dark gray blue mysterious eyes, fair skin, a straight longish nose, fine thin lips, six foot tall, Megan guessed, and in his early twenties maybe. Definitely handsome. Megan thought.
“ Now I have a question for you.” Jeremy said. Megan decided to stay quiet this time. “What exactly were you doing that deep in the woods?” Jeremy asked
“ I ran away from home.” Megan stated in a matter of fact tone.
“ Why is that? You could’ve been kidnapped.” Jeremy said disapprovingly, “someone as beautiful as you.“ Megan knew what he meant was someone with blonde hair, blue eyes, and only five feet tall. “Someone was bound to kidnap you.” Jeremy inquired.
“ Well, my best friend’s in love with me and wants me to marry him. My mom wants me to as well and doesn’t understand.” Megan blurted the truth out, not exactly sure why. Jeremy was not the kind of person Megan would normally give this kind of information out to, but for some reason the words just spilled out of her lips against her own will.
“ Well why don’t you want to marry him then?” Jeremy asked. That was the first time someone asked her opinion of this.
“ I don’t love him, well not like that at least.” Megan said. “ Uh-huh.” was all Jeremy said.
“ Why exactly am I here?” Megan questioned.
“ I couldn’t just leave you on the forest floor to bleed to death, now could I?” Jeremy casually answered.
“ Well I’m ok now, so can I go home?” Megan inquired.
“ If you want, but you’ll need some help finding your way to the door.” Jeremy conveyed .
“I’m fine!” Megan snarled.
“ Fine, see for yourself.” Jeremy sighed. Megan spent hours just trying to find a way out of the room, and she hadn’t had any luck, so she finally gave in. “ Okay, show me out.” Megan sighed. Jeremy led her to a large portrait of him and his wife? Maybe. “ I already looked over here.” Jeremy ignored her complaint.
“ Elizabeth, let us out.” The picture vanished, and turned in into something that looked like wall. “Ladies first.” Jeremy bowed.
“ But it’s a wall,” Megan panicked, “a solid wall.”

“ Just go, walk through.” Jeremy rolled his eyes.
“Whatever, but if I get a concussion it’s on you.”

“ Just go!” Jeremy yelled.
“ Fine, fine.” Megan said as she stepped up to the wall, she then walked through the wall. “Amazing this must be some weird dream.” Megan fantasized as she pinched herself. “ Ouch, not a dream.”
“ I told you.” Jeremy said as he materialized out of the wall.
“You,” Megan pointed, “ How did that happen? Did you just talk to that portrait?” Megan questioned.
“ This Megan, is a haunted mansion; That, was what I tried to tell you.” Jeremy replied.
“ Why do you keep saying my name? How do you even know my name?” Megan stammered nervously. While Jeremy started to answer, Megan noticed something. On the wall was mounted five human heads. Megan knew of people who collected Buck heads, Boar heads, and even Bison heads, but never human heads. “ What in the world is this?” Megan shouted.
“ Shh, it’s just my ancestors.” Jeremy casually stated.
“ Hello Miss, how are you?” The last had spoke to Megan.
“Aah!” Megan screamed, “ What was that?”

“ I told you, it was my ancestors.”
“ What is this place?”

“ Told you that too.” Jeremy led Megan through the haunted maze of his mansion. The next room they entered was pitch black.
“ Jeremy, why is it so dark in here?” Megan asked.

“My pets like it dark.”
“Why?” Megan asked, but before Jeremy answered red eyes appeared, thousands of them. “Aah!” Megan screamed, she moved her limbs in a hitting motion everywhere.
“ Stay calm,” Jeremy said, “ if you stay still they won’t hurt you.” Instead of listening to Jeremy she just moved more and got badly scratched by the red eyed bats in the process. “ I’m so sorry Megan.” Jeremy said sympathetically.

“No, it was my fault, I should’ve listened to you.”
“ I should’ve warned you, I’m just so used to it that I don’t think about it.” Jeremy apologized, “We’ll get that fixed up in a jiffy.” Jeremy took her to the nearest bathroom, which was quite boring compared to the other rooms. Jeremy cleaned her scratches, put ointment on them, and the big scratches he put band aids on. They walked into the next room, and what Megan saw thrilled her; It was an elephant. “ Oh my goodness, this is amazing.” Megan said.
“ Megan, you might want to close your,” Jeremy was cut off by a giant dog jumping out of a little shed and ripping the elephant to pieces with its fang like teeth.
“What is that!?!” Megan screamed, “ Aaaahhhhh!!”

“That’s another of my pets.”

“That’s awful, how could you do that.”
“ That’s just what it eats, we eat cows and pigs, what’s the difference?” Jeremy asked.

“ Could you have just seriously of said that, ‘what’s the difference?’, your insane.” The next room they entered was filled with cubicles, in each one was a man. “ What’s this room about?”

“It’s where we test humans and try to make them immortal.”
“That’s cool.” Megan replied.
“Actually, no it’s not, we need to get out of here quickly.”

“I want to stay and watch.” Just as Megan said that the Man in front of her got stabbed with a giant sword, the sword went all the way through his body and blood gushed out of him. The man screamed in pain, but was somehow still alive. Megan made a whimpering sound and started balling. “Please, stop! Don’t do this, don’t hurt anyone.”
“Megan, it’s alright.” Jeremy soothed.
“Oh! Since when has it been, ‘alright’, to torture people?!” Megan screamed exasperated.

“ No, it’s not like that, their scientist who’ve volunteered to be tested on.”

“That doesn’t make it okay to torture them like this.”
“Well let’s get out of here, before they do more testing.” Jeremy said. The next room would have been nothing compared to the others to any normal person. Unfortunately, Megan wasn’t a normal person. Whenever you walked into the room, The walls and floors bled, gushing out blood from every direction. “No!! not this, blood makes me sick.” Megan cried. Jeremy tried to comfort her, but it didn’t seem to help. Megan mewled through the entire room. It took two hours for the room to fill up, and then eventually drain. During that time, Megan grabbed a hold of Jeremy’s hand so tight that circulation was impossible. Finally Jeremy dragged her out of the room, but still she refused to let go of his hand. They eventually got comfortable talking to each other. “So, why didn’t you just tell him that you didn’t love him?” Jeremy asked, still confused about the whole mess.
“ I told you, I didn’t want to hurt him, he’s my best friend.”
“Then why not marry him.”
“ I don’t love him, that would be cruel, to pretend.”
“ Well your definitely a lot better than me.” Jeremy said, “ I’ve always been a bad person, my brother’s the good one, I mean I want to be good but I can’t.”
“Why not?”
“I guess I’m just destined to be evil.”
“That’s not true, you know I think you have some good in you after all.” Megan said, glowing with happiness.
“Really? Well that’s kind of you to say, for a while their I thought you were a spoiled brat.”
“Well that’s not fair.”

“What?” Jeremy asked.

“To judge a book by it’s cover.”
“Well, you are beautiful and…” Jeremy was interrupted by blades swinging at Megan out of nowhere, Jeremy some how managed to jump in front of Megan, when another set of blades came swinging missing Jeremy’s face by half an inch. Jeremy grabbed Megan and dragged her while dodging the blades, Megan was so shocked that she couldn’t move alone. Their were numerous other tortures, but finally after what seemed like an eternity they got to the main room. “ Leave now or pay the price.” A devilish voice whispered.
“ Aah, what is that?” Megan yelled.

“ It’s my guard’s, trying to scare off intruders.” Jeremy explained. Megan saw two knights with red glowing eyes.
“We’re here.” Jeremy announced.
“ Oh, Jeremy,” Megan started to cry, “ I was so scared, I thought we would surely die.”
“ I know, you were squeezing my hand so tight, that it went numb and you were screaming and crying the entire way.” Jeremy relieved.
“ I’m sorry, I was just frightened.”
“ Yeah, I know, and I’m sorry too.”
“ For what?”
“ For this.” Jeremy said leaning in to kiss Megan. Megan knew she should resist, but couldn’t make herself pull away; During the kiss Megan had a flashback to when she was eight, her dad started beating her around that time. Megan’s dad would beat Megan, while her mom just watched crying in the corner. Megan remembered how when she couldn’t take it any longer she would go to sleep and dream of this man, one that looked a lot like Jeremy. The man would always take care of her, wash her fears away, he was like Megan’s own personal hero. The man would take her far away till she forgot about her problems at home, then he would take her back home and say when you need me just call on my name. Megan couldn’t remember what his name was at the time though, but when her dad would abuse her too far again she would call on his name and he would come. Megan met him in person one day even, right before her parents divorced, her dad had went overboard that day, he had nearly killed her, and she was only twelve. Megan had ran away that day and called on the man at the park, he appeared and for once she knew she wasn’t dreaming. Megan didn’t like to think of those memories she had been trying to hide away for years, but Jeremy reminded her much of her hero, how he came when she needed someone. Megan realized the reason she was kissing Jeremy was because he saved her life, before, now, and forever. After that adventure was over Jeremy released her. “ Ready to look outside?”

“ Ready as I’ll ever be.” Jeremy opened the door to a gloomy town with creepy people.
“ Where are we? This definitely isn’t South Carolina.” Megan gasped.
“ Transylvania, like I said before.”

“ Hello?” Mrs. Dale spoke into the receiver of the phone.
“ 911, what’s your emergency?”
“ My daughter, she’s missing, she ran away.” Mrs. Dale cried.
“ How old is she, ma’am?”
“ Um, eighteen.”
“ I’m sorry, but if she ran away, and she’s eighteen, then there’s nothing we can do.”
“ But she could’ve got kidnapped or murdered, she’d never stay away this long!” Mrs. Dale exclaimed.
“ I’m sorry. Beeeeep.”
“ How dare she hang up on me!” Mrs. Dale screeched as she threw the phone down, then she began to sob. “ Oh, Lord, please find my daughter and return her home safely. You never let me down before God, please don’t start now.” Mrs. Dale prayed.
--<3--

“ so, who was that girl with you in that picture?” Megan asked Jeremy. They had been sitting in Jeremy’s den for an hour. Megan still didn’t understand how they got from South Carolina to Transylvania so quickly.
“ Elizabeth, my sister, she died a long time ago.” Jeremy relieved.
“ You didn’t look much younger.”
“ Well, I was.”
“ How old were you?” asked Megan.

“ Seventeen.”
“ How old are you now?”

“ Twenty-seven.”
“ Wow, you don’t look that old.”
“ Thanks.”
“ How am I going to get home?” Megan asked.
“ We’ll find you a way home, but for now just talk about yourself.”
“ Okay, well my parents divorced when I was twelve, I stayed with my mom; My dad was always abusive. Now I work part time at the library.” Megan revealed her life to Jeremy. They continued talking for another three hours. “ Well you’ll need somewhere to sleep.” Jeremy announced, Megan hadn’t realized that the sun had set. Megan could hardly believe it had been forty-eight hours since she left home. “ I don’t think I want to go through that again.” Megan sighed.
“ I turned off the security, besides the guards and alarm.” Jeremy smiled.
“Why didn‘t you do that before?”
“ I have to be in the control room, unless I have the remote, which I had forgotten earlier.” Jeremy explained. “ Alright then, I guess one night can’t hurt.”
“ Do you want the room you had the other day?” Jeremy asked.
“ No, too many Nightmares.”
“ Alright, let’s head to the fifth floor,” Jeremy said, “ Follow me.”
“ Wow.” Megan said as they were riding to the fifth floor. “This is huge!” Megan exclaimed.
“ Like I said haunted Mansion.” Jeremy led her to a room that was painted dark purple, with matching elegant curtains, an oak dresser, and a jewelry box. “ This is beautiful!” Megan cheerfully said. “ Good night, Megan.” Jeremy said before he mysteriously shut the door.

Megan awoke the next morning in her own bed, in her bedroom, in her house. “ That was a strange dream.” she said when she woke up. Megan headed for the kitchen, like every other morning, to eat breakfast. Megan walked in to find her mom, along with her dad and stepmother. “ Dad, what are you doing here?!” Megan exclaimed, the fear from her past showing on her face, Megan could feel the tears starting to burn her eyes.
“ I came to find you, your mom called and I immediately knew something was wrong; When she told me what happened I came as soon as I possibly could.” Her dad explained.
“ Oh, Megan, come here and give me a hug,” her mom said crying, “ I’m so sorry Megan.”
“ What are ya’ll talking about?” Megan asked exasperated.

“ You, you ran away darling, don’t you remember?”
“ No, it can’t be, I just had a bad dream,” Megan said starting to cry.
“ I, I was in Transylvania, th-that’s impossible.”
“ Megan did you hit your head?” Her dad asked.
“ Well, yeah but I’m fine.”
“ Oh, no we need to take her to the hospital!” Megan’s mom screamed when she noticed the big bandage on Megan’s head and all the cuts and bruises on her.
--<3--
“ She should be fine,” Doctor Landers said, “just a little cut up is all.”
“Are you sure?” Mrs. Dale asked.

“ Megan probably just needs some time to remember, she had a long day yesterday.” The Doctor stated certain.
“ Is there anything we can do to help her?” Megan’s mom asked.

“ Just make sure she gets a lot of rest.” Dr. Landers suggested. Megan’s mom took her home and sent her directly to bed.
“ But mom, I’m not tired.” Megan protested.
“ The doctor said to rest.” her mom assured her. After Megan laid down it took her several hours to fall to sleep. When Megan finally dosed off, she dreamed of Jeremy.” Jeremy, what happened? How did I get home?” Megan asked confused.
“ Whenever you need me, just call my name.” Jeremy spoke as he disappeared.
“ Jeremy no! Don’t leave Jeremy. Jeremy, Jer.”
“Megan, wake up, it’s just a bad dream.” Mrs. Dale woke Megan.
“ Uh, what?”
“ You had a bad dream, baby.”
“ Oh.”
“ Do you want to talk about it?” Her mom asked her.
“ No, not right now.”

“Alright, but if you ever need me, you know I’m right here,” Megan’s mom said, “ Oh yeah, John called, he wants to take you to the movie’s and make up for last time, he didn’t mean to put you on the spot. He said to meet him at the park at five.”
“Okay.” Megan said, making up her mind that she was going to face her fears and just tell John that she didn’t feel the same about him as he did her.

At precisely five, Megan arrived at the park, John wasn’t there yet so she waited.: five minutes, ten minutes, twenty minutes still no sign of him. Megan finally gave up pacing around and sat down on the park bench. “ Jeremy, I need you, I want you and only you, forever!” Megan screamed out. Jeremy appeared out of absolutely nowhere as soon as the words were out of Megan’s mouth. “ Jeremy, you came for me!” Megan said, tears pouring out of her eyes. “ I told you I would Megan, I love you.” “ Oh, Jeremy I love you too.” Then Jeremy kindly kissed Megan on the cheek and carried Megan back to his Mansion. John arrived to the park an hour late. “ Megan?” John called “ Oh, Lord no!”
--<3--
“ Where are you taking me?” Megan asked in the middle of her laughter. “ To my mansion, of course.” Jeremy said. “ I never knew you were so strong and fast.” Megan said astounded by the fact that he was carrying her while running so fast she couldn’t even see anything. When they got to Jeremy’s mansion they went to the drawing room to talk. “ Why did you take me back home?” Megan asked. “ You wanted to go home.” Jeremy replied. “ No I didn’t, you just didn’t ask me to stay.” “ Will you stay with me Megan? Forever?” “ I’d love to Jeremy, but we have a lot to talk about first.” “Okay, bring it on.” Jeremy challenged. “ Okay, how are you so strong and fast? How do you appear out of nowhere? How did you find me? How did you know my name,” Megan asked, “ No lies this time.” “ Okay, but your not going to believe me.” Jeremy hesitated. “ Bring it on.” Megan said, trying to break some of the tension by repeating his previous words. “ Well, first of all, I’m different.” “ How so?” “ Megan, I’m, I’m a..a..a vampire.” “ So, you are a figment of my imagination after all.” “ No, Megan I’m serious.” Jeremy said his eyes blazing red with anger. “ Okay, whatever so how’d you know my name Mr. Edward?” Megan said making fun of him by calling him a Twilight vampire. “ Megan, I’ve been watching you for some time now.” Jeremy said. “ So you’ve been stalking me? Nice.” “ No, no it was an assignment!” “ Even better, I didn‘t mean a thing to you then.” Megan hissed, “ take me home, now!”

Megan woke up to a hospital with bright lights and beds that smelled like bleach. “ Wha, what happened?” Megan asked. “ Oh, honey. You ran away and hit your head on a tree. The Doctor said you were fine, when all along you had a concussion. You were supposed to meet John and go to the movies about six months ago, he got there late and found you lying on the ground, the Doctors said you went into a coma. We’ve been waiting for you to wake up.” Megan’s mom sobbed, “ I’m so sorry Megan, I should’ve taken you to a specialist.” “ Where’s Jeremy?” “ Who? Oh, you mean Dr. Landers. You shouldn’t call him by his first name Megan, it’s really disrespectful.” Megan remembered when she had just met Jeremy.“ So Megan, you’re finally awake.” Jeremy had said. “ Where am I? Who are you? How do you know my name?” Megan had asked terrified. “You are with me, in my mansion in Transylvania.” he had replied. “ Who are you? why am I here? How do you know my name?” Megan had whined. “ I am Jeremy Landers, now enough with the questions.” he had said. It must’ve all been a dream. I must have heard the name while I was unconscious. Then Megan remembered what Jeremy had told her. “Whenever you need me, just call my name.” When she was finally alone she called for him. “Jeremy, Jeremy. Jeremy! I love you, Jeremy!” Megan hollered, then she looked out the window and saw dark gray blue mysterious eye’s, Jeremy’s eye’s.

How could anyone take the place of someone you desperately love? That’s the question that haunted Megan Dale, ever since the day she woke up in a strange man’s house she’d been thinking endlessly of Jeremy Landers. Megan was in love with Jeremy, and it would have worked, but he just had to many secrets hidden from her. Now Megan was engaged to be married to John, Jonathon Ringlow; Dr. Landers son whom had a different last name because of his mom, his parent’s weren’t married at the time his mom had found him on the side of the road and taken him in, so he had kept her last name. Megan didn’t love John, although he was a good friend, but he had saved her; of course not before Jeremy had. “ John wants you to meet his family.” Mrs. Dale told Megan. “ but I already know his family.” Megan said. “ No, no the rest of his family, a family reunion.” Mrs. Dale replied. “ Do I have to go? You know I hate crowds.” Megan whined. “ Of course you ‘have to go’, anyways, his family isn’t that large.”
--<3--
Her mom had lied, his family was humongous. Megan decided to go to the patio after meeting a few of his relatives, before the crowd made her sick. “ Megan, darling, are you alright?” John asked. “ Yeah, just needed some fresh air.” “ Are you sure? Your very pale.” John soothed. “John, I, I. I don’t feel good, can you take me home?” Megan said, not completely untrue. “ Of course, darling.” John said generously. “ Just call me Megan, please.”, Megan had meant to tell John that she didn’t love him, but she couldn’t stand to break his heart. She knew John wouldn’t force her to marry him, but was it worth breaking his heart?

Megan’s wedding day came on April 7th 2010. Megan’s mom helped her find a beautifully long wedding gown, helped her dress, fixed her hair up, and applied light makeup to her pale face. Although, she knew looks aren’t everything, Megan was glad she looked beautiful, even though she didn’t really want to be their. As tradition held it, Megan’s dad walked her down the aisle. John’s eye’s lit up as they met his soon to be bride. Megan felt her burden bear even harder down on her. John finally retrieved his soon to be bride and the Preacher began the ceremony. The part Megan dreaded was coming, and their was nothing she could do about it. The last chance for her to be free finally came, when the preacher said, “ Speak now or forever hold your peace.” “I object!” cried a familiar voice and through the doors, Jeremy busted through. “ Jeremy!” Megan gasped. “ Megan, I love you, please don’t do this.” Jeremy begged. Eye’s began to stare at the two and voices were raised, But Megan never saw or heard even one of them. Then Jeremy and Megan shared the kiss they had been waiting for all their life, the kind where you only know that you are in love and nothing else matters. Megan looked up from her knees where she had fallen and saw John standing all alone, then got to her feet and walked over to him. “ Oh, John please forgive me,” Megan cried, “I’m so sorry.” Then Jeremy grabbed Megan’s hand and they vanished into a colorful maze. “ Where are we going?” Megan asked. “ You’ll see.” Jeremy replied. Then, everything went black, Jeremy’s hand was gone and in the emptiness, his voice screaming for her.

Megan awoke to a flashlight shining in her face, all else was pitch black. You’re probably wondering where you are and what’s going to happen to you.” A slimy voice said into the darkness. “ Well, yeah!” Megan snarled, “ What would you worry about?” “ I would worry about what was going to happen to my love.” The man said, his voice getting more sticky with each word. “ What did you do to him!” Megan shouted, “ If you hurt him, I’ll kill you!” “ How are you going to manage that, Megan?” The voice whispered sickly. Megan hadn’t noticed she was tied up till that point. Then the lights turned on and she saw Jeremy tied to what looked like a tree with a Huge bald man with bulging eyes standing in front of him with a chainsaw. “ Don’t hurt him,” Megan cried, “Please, I’ll do anything.” The man ignored Megan. “ You should’ve killed her while you had the chance Jeremy, now I’ll have to kill you both!” The man screamed as he ran toward Jeremy with his deadly weapon. All of a sudden, John appeared out of absolutely nowhere, preventing the man from amputating Jeremy’s body in half. “ Damon!” John shouted, “ come and get me.” Damon then turned and charged toward John decapitating his head. Megan screamed without even realizing it as John’s blood rained on her. John’s distraction gave Jeremy just enough time to break free of the chains that had held him captive, grab Megan, and get out of the place. Megan was crying at this point.

Once in Jeremy’s mansion, Jeremy laid Megan on his bed. After hours of crying, Megan finally raised up. “ What happened? Who was that? How did John get their?” “ That was my boss, or well my ex-boss. Do you remember when I said my job required me watching you?” Jeremy asked. “ Yeah,” Megan said, “ What does that have to do with anything?” “ I was supposed to kill you.” Jeremy said. “ What? Why, I don’t understand.” “ You, Megan, have a special gift.” “ What are you talking about?” Megan asked exasperated. “ You have the gift of love in your heart, Megan.” Jeremy explained, “Your love made John stronger and turned me good.” “ What does this have to do with John?” Megan asked, thinking back to how John had nobly died for her. “ John was my stepbrother,” Jeremy said, “ My good brother, who would’ve done anything to save me from myself.” Even die for me, Jeremy thought but didn’t dare say. Megan was doing some hard thinking about John. John was Dr. Landers son, and she could even recall his face going pale at the mention of his son, Jeremy’s name when she was in the hospital, also how Dr. Landers and Jeremy had the same name. “ So, how did John get their so fast, and what was that we went through?” Megan asked. “ John’s a vampire like myself, and that was one of our many portals.” All of this is finally making some sense, Megan thought. “ John was a good vampire, and me, well I was a bad vampire, working for the H.E.C.( Human Extermination Company), but you changed all that.” Jeremy said. “ What about John?” Megan asked, remembering his body being severed; How his guts flew everywhere and his blood spotting her hair and dripping down her face. “Their’s nothing more we can do.” Jeremy replied. As Jeremy watched Megan relieve the treacherous morning’s events, he couldn’t resist the urge to lean in and kiss her fragile lips.

It was hard to believe that it had been two weeks since Megan had supposed to have been married; Everything changed when Jeremy appeared, and John was slaughtered while saving Jeremy’s and Megan’s lives. Megan still couldn’t stand to think of that treacherous day. When she thought of the wedding, she thought of her mom. Megan knew that her mom had to be worried to death right now; When Megan thought of the word death, she thought about John sacrificing himself for her.” What are you thinking about?” asked Jeremy, interrupting her thoughts. “ My mom, how worried she must be,” Megan answered, “ and John.” “ Me too.” Jeremy replied with a faraway look in his eyes. “ So, what about Damon?” Megan asked. “ What about him?” “ We can’t just keep letting him do this, kill innocent people.” “ Their’s not much we can do about it.” Jeremy
explained. “ We can go after him, stop him.” “ It’s not that easy.” “ You do what you want, but either ways I’m doing something.” “ You’ll get killed!” “ So, John did, and we’re just sitting here talking about it!” Megan exclaimed, bursting into tears. “ Megan, I’m sorry.” Jeremy soothed, “ I miss John too, But killing Damon’s not going to bring him back. I just think we should be reasonable, make a plan or something.” “ I’m sorry, I just don’t want him to hurt anyone else.” Megan said. “ I love you Megan.” Jeremy whispered. “ I love you too, Jeremy.” Megan replied with a kiss. “ Megan Jade Dale, before you do something stupid and get us killed, will you marry me?” Jeremy begged, getting down on one knee. “ I will.” Megan said with tears in her eyes.

It was only one week until Megan would be Mrs. Landers. The only wedding dress Megan had was the dress she was supposed to had become Jonathon Ringlow’s wife in, and she wasn’t wearing that dress after all that had happened in it. So, Megan and Jeremy decided to confide in Megan’s mom with their wedding. After a bunch of lying to Mrs. Dale, she agreed to give Megan her wedding dress and a proper wedding.
--<3--
On the day of Jeremy and Megan’s Wedding, their wasn’t a single cloud in the sky; It was a beautiful and sunny day. Megan followed the same process to get ready as she had for her and John’s wedding. Megan’s dad walked her down the aisle to much smaller crowd this time. It finally got to the word’s every girl waits her entire life to hear. “ You may kiss your bride.” The preacher announced. Jeremy leaned in to kiss Megan, and everyone started to clap, when BAM!, someone slammed open the church doors, it was Damon. “I’m back!” he declared, then everything went black. When Megan woke up, she was tied to a wooden pole, with Jeremy to her back. “ Jeremy, Jeremy wake up!” Megan urged. “ What happened?” “ Damon, he’s got us tied up.” Megan cried. “ We’ll get out of here Megan, I promise it to you.” Jeremy assured her. They waited, what seemed like forever. Jeremy tried to find a way out, but couldn’t, the chains were much stronger than before.

Finally, Damon came into the room, this time with a match. Damon started gathering wood around Jeremy and Megan. Megan realized during that time that the chains lock contained no keyhole, but a vile, and she knew what she had to do. Megan fought to grasp her pocket knife she always carried around in her pocket for emergencies. Megan jabbed her finger onto the blade, fighting a scream. By now, Damon was pouring gasoline on them and the wood, Megan held her finger as close to the vile as possible; Megan knew that Damon smelled the blood, but no one said a word. Finally Megan got her drops of blood into the vile, but nothing happened. Then she realized that the vile was one drop short of being full, Megan sliced her hand on the knife again, forcing back tears from pain. Damon lit a match, threw it, and it went out in midair. Finally, Megan got the drop in the vile, while praying that her efforts weren’t useless. Damon lit another match, threw it, and the wood caught fire just as the chains fell off Megan and Jeremy. Jeremy whipped around to Megan, grabbed her hand and flew off into a portal.

At last Megan and Jeremy were finally safe. “ Thank you for saving us, Megan!” Jeremy exclaimed. “ Thank you, for saving me.” Megan said. Then they broke the best kiss of history; A kiss that was more romantic than Romeo and Juliet’s fatal kiss, stronger than Wesley and Buttercup’s everlasting kiss, and far more passionate than Noah and Allie’s kiss ever could be. “ I love you.” They said in unison. “ Aah!!!!” Megan screamed in terror as someone grabbed her from behind and into a random portal. Jeremy was so shocked, that he didn’t see which portal Megan was pulled into. Jeremy searched every portal, but Megan was nowhere to be found.

Saying goodbye is the hardest thing I’ve ever done or will do. This isn’t goodbye forever, just temporarily. I promise I will find you someday, somehow; I won’t ever give up on you. Please forgive me for my foolishness. I should’ve paid more attention, but I was blinded by love and happiness. I love you and will love you forever. I’m going to find you, so don’t give up, you can be sure I won’t.
With love always,
Jeremy
--<3--
A memorial was held for Megan and John, two weeks after Megan’s disappearance, on may 12, 2010.Jeremy figured he owed Mrs. Dale the truth, and though she was in shock, she somehow believed him. At the memorial, Mrs. Dale talked about her beloved daughter from the time she was a child and up; The speech made everyone cry. The preacher talked and read a soothing verse out of the bible. Many other people talked, including Megan’s dad, and last but not least was Jeremy. “ I loved Megan, she made me see the good in people. She was extraordinary, she helped me find the good in myself. I will never give up on her, after all she never gave up on me.” Jeremy’s speech was the most touching. After Jeremy finished his speech, everyone placed an item that they would remember her by in a small black box with red roses on it, Jeremy buried the box in the portal he figured she disappeared into, along with his letter. John’s memorial was similar, but not quite the same. Jeremy constantly looked for Megan and had the vampire FBI looking for her. Jeremy love Megan, and wouldn’t rest until he found her dead or alive.

This book has 1 comment.

Girly Girl said...
This is a Great book! I don't know why others haven't commented!