The Board | Teen Ink

The Board

October 6, 2017
By MadisonBlueJacket, New Riegel, Ohio
More by this author
MadisonBlueJacket, New Riegel, Ohio
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I was inspired by some YouTubers I like and my fascination with the supernatural world that no one really knows much about.

It’s been almost four and a half years since my Grandma passed away. Even though she’s dead, I still see her every day, or at least I think it’s her. I used a wooden board I had found in my garage while cleaning. had to climb up a ladder to the top shelf over in the corner and mover boxes, I had no clue it was back there.  I didn’t exactly know how to use it, so I searched it up, using my Samsung cell phone that was in my pocket. While using it later that night the piece which I came to find out is called the planchette kept moving to the letters Z, O, Z, O for almost two minutes. I didn’t know at the time what it meant so I asked if I could talk to my Grandma after I had asked it stopped responding.
At that moment I wanted to cry, my Grandma was my best friend, I told her everything.  I’ve been scared out of my mind with this thing following me around. Ever since I had played the board that day, I’ve seen this black shadow with glowing eyes... It followed me everywhere I went, it kept me up at night, I’m scared to do anything anymore. It wouldn’t go away, I don’t have any idea what it is. I’m scared to tell anyone about it because they will just think I’m crazy.
I ended up searching about what ZOZO was, and I found out that it’s the Ouija Board demon. He is knowing for tricking and haunting people. This is scarier than I thought it ever would be. I guess that’s what he did to me, once I read up on him I also searched up how to get rid of the board and ZOZO. It said I could bless my house and burn the board.  I’ve tried to burn the board so many times. Every time I go to there’s some kind of force holding me back. I don’t know how or why it won’t let me burn the board and when it came to blessing my home, it just made everything worse. Every day things get thrown by some type of force, I’m covered in scratches and I live alone. I’ve tried so many things to get rid of the board and every time I do, it comes back to me. I’m the only person that can see the shadow man, which sucks. I can’t get rid of him, he won’t leave me alone, it’s horrible.It’s pretty tall, it’s head hits the ceiling. People are always telling me I'm so lucky to be alone, I'm lucky to have no one around. Truth is I'm actually never alone. I’m always getting followed and there’s nothing I can do about it. When it comes to night time when everyone else is sleeping. I’m trying to sleep, you see every time when I actually fall asleep a couple minutes I wake up drenched in sweat. This never happened until I played the ouija board. Honestly, i’m scared that Zozo is going either hurt me worse, or hurt my family... This is all my fault I don’t know how to fix it, but I will find a way. I don’t know what to do anymore, I'm scared to really do anything. This ghost or demon or whatever it keeps getting into my head, invading my thoughts. Making me think things I’ve never thought of ever, he makes me think about harming people, people I love and care about. My situation and mental state are getting worse and worse as the days go on.  Some people say in order to stop the haunting I have to go back to the place it all started, and play the ouija board again. I know more about the board now than I ever did.  This time I'm actually going to follow the follow the rules and play the right way. I’m scared that it’s not going to stop and that my situation will just get worse.
The next day I woke up with what looked like a Pentagram scratched on my back. This is all getting worse, I shouldn’t have listened to the internet.  I just want my life back to normal, but I don’t really think that will happen with the way things are going as of right now. I want to play again but I don’t want to make matters worse.   Life isn’t exactly the best right now, playing again would just be a mistake( that hopefully I won’t make again). I really don’t want to do anything as of right now except for find a way to stop the haunting before it gets worse then what it already is. If I don’t take care of this soon Zozo is going to hurt the ones I love and I can’t let that happen. My life is being basically controlled by the board and Zozo.
As I lay down to try and rest I hear this voice… It doesn’t sound like the dark demonic voice I normally hear, it sounds sweet, but for some reason, it sounds like my grandma. As I try to focus on the voice I can hear it saying something like “ Your family, you, and I are now safe, he is now gone out of your life, he will no longer have control of you. I love you forever and always. Be safe.” It makes me think that my Grandma was trying to help me.
When I woke up the next morning all the cuts and bruises were gone. I had finally gotten a good night’s rest. Day after day, night after night I was followed, I was watched. Now I'm free and happy, I can finally sleep and not wake up in the middle of the night pouring sweat. I don’t have to worry about my family being harmed. I can finally live a happy go lucky life and not be worried. I guess I can thank the board for everything...



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.