The Risen King | Teen Ink

The Risen King

By FireGoddess, Everett, Washington
FireGoddess, Everett, Washington

Seeing the dead is creepy, but it isn’t. I’ve always seen the dead ever since I was born. There was a nurse looking down at me, saying words I couldn’t comprehend because, well, I didn’t know much that time. Then an actual nurse came by to see me. I wasn’t that old, but I mentioned it to mum when I was a few years older, as well as some other instances that happened. Like when I saw a barber walking around with a bloody shaver. I saw a man with a knife over at the east end and a woman that looks like a former queen of England, and so on. Mum was surprisingly calm when I finally told her 11 years ago. But there are times I saw her angry, like when that leathcheann started to flirt to her, me and my best friend, Deva, broke into the Tower of London somehow, and when me, Lukas and Valentin bloody pissed off some policemen after curfew.
The one that really bloody sucked was when my friends and I somehow sneaked into the Queens castle dungeon. We got lost and Valentin, the sodding idiot, got the castle guards’ attention. We, fortunately, weren’t caught by the guards, but our parents caught us. They shouted at us for so long, I can swear that my ears were bleeding.
“They’re just worried about us, Nagi. It’s probably nothing personal.” Leave it up to Deva to be optimistic, but I can’t really shake the feeling that they were qualcosa da nascondere. “…You have to be THAT optimistisk, Deva. It’s clear that their hiding something.” Lukas said, with his usual straight face. Finally! Someone agrees with me~ so happy~ “Grazie, Lukas!” I said, glomping the Norwegian, making him a bit embarrassed and flustered. “Nagi… You’re making Lukas flustered…and Valentin pissed… I suggest you let go of Lukas before Vale decides to kill him.” Deva said, looking between Lukas and Valentin like a cricket match. Lukas does look flustered and blushing a bit, while Valentin has a look that screamed “Run for your lives!” Better calm this dog fight before one has a concussion. I saw it happen; don’t need a repeat of that, especially when I’m the main cause.
“Look, Valentin, I was just giving Lukie a hug because I agreed with him! Don’t see why you want to murder us, unless…” I said, trailing off as I thought up a possibility of why Vale acted so strange. Actually, it’s ridiculous, but as I thought about it, the more it made sense. Well, to me, anyway. “Valentin, is there something that you forgot to mention, like, ohhh, having a bromance with Lukas?” I said, smirking and winking at them. Valentin and Lukas went red while Deva looked pale and shocked. “Hva i helvete!” “Ce naiba!” “Wow. Just…wow.” After that, I got chased and in hiding for being in my “fangirl state”.
It was still fun and they didn’t catch me in the end~
~Loo-li, Lai-lay~
After my mum finally got me out of my hiding spot (my bedroom), Valentin and Lukas was in the living room.
Dia, a mharú ach dom anois.
“Well, I hope that we can be civilized, Si?” my mom said, glaring at us, like we WEREN’T civilized. We are, just that Deva’s the one that keeps us in line, mostly; we’re the ones that got in trouble and barely get out of punishment.
“Is this about the “bromance” incident? You know I really wasn’t joking.” I NEVER joke about anything involving Yaoi, Shonen-Ai, and all that fluffy/hardcore subjects. So if they expect me to apologise, they are sadly mistaken, especially since they dealt with my “fangasms” for as long as they knew me. “No, unfortunately, it’s not that. It’s about that dracul again. He went after our moms again.” Valentin growled, clearly frustrated by said diafol. To be honest, he frustrates me as well. Someone who’s married that moves on your single parent will get anyone rhwystredig.
“When did this happen? Fortunately, this hasn’t happened recently to us.” I was concerned. If HE did this today, we’ll be expecting him in a few minutes. “Well it’s going to happen. He came by an hour ago at my place, half an hour ago at Valentin’s.” Lukas was also angry, well angry is an understatement in this situation, which happened many, many times before and it’s one thing the three of us don’t fight to each other about. It’s more of banning together and arguing against the opposition. Said opposition is-
*knock, knock*
“SH*T!” We said simultaneously, jumping up running for my mother to tell her not to-
“Why, exactly, are you here John? Don’t you have a wife to go to?” my mom said, pokerfaced, clearly NOT wanting him here. John Schwarz smiled, speaking in his thick German accent. “Well, what’s wrong with visiting you? Anyway, Akantha can wait, she’s currently making dinner. Would you like to join us?” I usually see mum frustrated when she gets a call from Italy, her homeland, about her best friends in big trouble from something like a tangled hair to the inability of being calm around foreign emissaries. I heard the phone ring, playing “Lille Norge”, pissing off Lukas in the process.
“Get the Gud fordømte phone before I go ahead and destroy it?” Lukas growled, looking like he’s going to destroy the phone. I ran to it so Lukas doesn’t go and destroy it, and get the person on the phone. “Hello?” “Hey Nagi, did you see my dad anywhere? He needs to be home now.” “Oh, well, umm…” “What is it?” “He’s at my flat right now, so…” I didn’t hear a thing on the other side. “Deva?” “Yeah, still here. Why is he over there? It’s on the other side of town from where I live.” I sighed. “He’s trying to get my mum over to your place to have dinner. She’s probably going to kick him out into the street anytime soon.” I’m not joking; mum WILL kick him out, literally. She did it more than once; she’ll definitely do it again. “I’ll tell him before he’s booted out. At least then he’ll be out of mum’s hair. Bye Deva.” “Auf Wiedersehen, Nagi!”
~Bruises and Bitemarks~
“Grazie a Dio, he’s gone. Morrigan, you’re currently off the hook for insulting your friends.” I told mum a thousand times that my friendship with the boys is usually dysfunctional. We always get along that way, ever since our seconed year in finishing school; High school sophomores in American terms. “Mum, the boys are used to me insulting them. The two insulting me is also a common occurrence. Don’t let it go to your head.” Mum shook her head, clearly not believing what I said. “Nagi, that’s not true-““It is true, mum! That’s the reason why the three of us get into much trouble!” Mum sighed, clearly noticing that she can’t win this argument.
~Einer Gegen Alle~
Ah, nothing like having a good night’s sleep to revive the mind! Then again, my phone’s blaring Einer Gegen Alle, a German band, which means Deva called twice in one night. I was going to get the phone when it changed song to Dragostea Din Tei. I am officially going to murder that Romanian and not В прошлом месяце. Yes, I know Russian and I’m not going to bother translating. “Why are you calling this early in the morning, Dev? You know that I hate getting up early.” Actually, I LOATHE getting up early thanks to school. Getting up at five in the morning should be illegal in England for teenagers, or up before seven, period. “Did you stay up playing HetaOni all night again? If you did, I don’t want to hear how far you got, despite it being sehr interessiert.” Wow, I actually FELT that sarcasm. I bore her THAT much with my insane fangirl impulses? “Okay, what do you want?” Deva was silent on the other end. Again? I was about to either ask if she’s still there or just hang up until she said, “My father and Stiefmutter went off and they…” It’s not like her to trail off like that. If that does happen, either her parents are listening in or something really bad happened.
“Where are they, Deva?” I said concerned more about my friend’s well-being than her parents. “They left a note for me, and it really didn’t make any sense. It’s about “bringing justice to die Dirnen”, or something like that. You know what they’re talking about?” Oh, fy ffrind has NO idea how much that makes sense to me, but to two other people we both knew. “Did you tell Lukas and Valentin about this?” “Nein, why?” Oh cachu! The boys need to know this! “Call the boys, NOW!” I must have freaked her out, because Deva hanged up without saying Good-By. Meanwhile, I was getting dressed furiously, almost dropping my phone in the process. I need to tell my mum this before anything crazy happened.
~Always~
I practically ran into mum in the dining room, thankfully no one fell over on their face. “Morrigan Angelo, what is your problem today? If it’s another dare the boys forced you into…” “It’s bloody not! John and his wife are going to do something crazy, though I don’t know what!” I don’t have any bloody idea, but SOMETHING is going to happen, and it’s not going to be pretty. Like what’s going to happen will result in something involving death… Mum just stared at me with an incomprehensible look, but it looks like she was… expecting… this? She pulled out her phone. “Ingri? It’s me, Brid. I believe we need to say some things to our children… Yes, I’ll call Luiza… meet up? Where, for Dio’s sake... That’ll be fine, amico… I’ll see you there. Arrivederci.” She hung up, turning to me. “Morrigan, go to Big Ben by bus. I’ll see you there to tell you about some things with Ingri and Luiza. And you and the others need to tell everything as well.”
I got on the bus, wondering what on earth is going on. Mum never acted this way, and I’m afraid on what mum and her friends are going to say not just to me. Lukas, Valentin, Deva and I are also involved, but with what? I hate being in the dark when it comes to info. I arrived at Big Ben, England’s “Vital Regions” as I call it, with my friends waiting there. “’Ello, mates! I take it you all had to come here?” Deva just nodded, Lukas muttered a “Ja”, and Valentin just said “Da”, stoically. The three were just waiting for our mum’s, well; not Deva’s, but you get the point. We chatted about anything, until Jack the Ripper came running to me.
“Jack? What are you doing away from the East End?” I was shocked; Lukas and Deva were just looking at me like I was insane, it’s not the first time. Vali was also shocked to the point that he looked like a vampire, and I’m not exaggerating. “Nagi, I met the demons.”
HUH????????? Demons?
“What do you mean, Jack? What Demons?” I was baffled. Jack told many stories to me, but talking about demons? That’s completely new. But then I see some black creatures with wings, claws and tails. A man with a large beard and old Irish robes was with them, walking toward us. He glared at us in distaste. “Well, I am surprised that none of you know your powers, especially you, Morrigian Feliciano Lovino Angelo. Then again, I am grateful that you don’t, considering your father.” What. On. Earth. Is. He. Talking. About? And how does he know my full name? I looked at him in fear.
“Who are you?” At least I found my voice to say that, my voice cracking, but I was shocked by the answer. He spread his arms wide, like he owned the bloody place. “I am Bres, a king of Ireland who came to reclaim his throne. And in order to, I need to stop you at where you’re the weakest.” “What do you mean?” I never thought that Valentin’s voice would be that shaky. Bres sneered, snapping his fingers and three demons came with Lukas’, Valentins’ and mine mothers.
“MUM!”
“MAMA!”
“MOR!”
Bres laughed at, most likely, our expressions when we see our mums. “Yes, this is your weakness, love, useless, but very manipulative. I will bring them to the Emerald Isle to resurrect more demons to conquer the world. If you try to stop me,” He scoffed, his eyes flashing angrily to me, “it will be impossible. Farewell!” He disappeared in a purple fire, with the demons and our mothers. The Schwarz are nowhere to be seen either.
I looked at Lukas and Valentin. They were crying, no doubt because their mums are going to die. Bugger. I locked eyes with Deva, and she got the message. “I’m going after my two relatives. You three go after Bres and get your mom’s back.” She turned and started to look for them. I went to the boys; they’re drying up their tears. “So, you guys up for it, or just sit on your arse and do nothing.” I didn’t mean to be harsh, but I want to get my mum back. “We’ll go with you. After all, you might do something stupid.” “As if! I can take care of myself perfectly fine!” I scoffed, glaring at the boys, daring them to object. They raised an eyebrow quizzically, thinking about the times when I almost burned down the flat; getting injured by a little spider, leading to my arachnophobia.
“We’re coming with you, whether you like it or not. After all,” Lukas turned away, “you might not survive if you go alone.”
I looked at then in surprise. They…want to come with? Even with all those “almost illegal” acts? I looked down in shame, and then sighed.
“Fine, bastardos, you can come along. Just…make sure you don’t do anything idiotic either.” I just turned and started to walk to our destination. Hearing two sets of footsteps told me that they accepted my invitation.
Now Bres is going to be in a world of hurt.

So, our mums are kidnapped by an undead king and a hoard of demon, planning for world conquest and going to murder our mums in the process. And Deva went after her father and step-mother, to see what they’re up to. What am I going to do? Well, that’s easy. I’m going with the boys to get our mums back from that kingly douche. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT! It’s a big but! The biggest but in the history of buts!

The boys and I have NO HEADING!

The three of us were doing all kinds of things to figure out where to go next. I suggested Wales for a port and advice, Valentin insisted with Ireland, where our mums are, and Lukas threw in Scotland for the same reason as me. We did rock-paper-scissors, which somehow was an epic, and I mean EPIC, fail. We also did sticks and eniey-menie-miney-mo, which also failed. Finally, Lukas said that the winner of a fistfight would pick where we should go.

All I could say that those boys are sissies. In a matter of minutes, I mopped the floor with their faces and other body parts. Then again, their pride must have been destroyed like Steve almost killing everybody in HetaOni. Fi angen i gael bywyd. Vale snapped me out of my musings *my ranting to you*. “So, were going to Wales. What in the name of Rumania are we going to do once we get there?” Hmmmmmmm~ do I sense a feeling of frustration, Valentin~ “Are you still going on about the fight, Valentin? It’s not my fault that you two can’t handle being defeated by a girl.” The two blushed and almost walked into a tree. They need to look ahead of them and their surroundings; otherwise, they wouldn’t have made a face impression in the wood.

I stopped in the road, wondering if I need sleep or something. A red dragon, bigger than any building I ever seen, looking at us like we might be its next meal which is likely. Lukas and Vale were also shocked, meaning that they also can see the enormous creature. I wasn’t surprised that the creature talked. I read too much fantasy novels to not be surprised. “What are you three doing here in the land of dragons?” It had a deep, rich voice, like blood pudding (A/N- I have never had blood pudding, so anyone who tried it, please correct Me.) and his (?) eyes are the color of a forest with light filtering in through the leaves.

“Well, we’re trying to get advice on how to defeat demons and King Bres, who have our mums. Do you know anyone who would help us?” I said, hoping that he does help us, even a little bit. “Bres is back?” The dragon was furious. “You are saying that he’s back, despite being an outcast and a disgrace to all gods. Roman, Germanic, Slavic, Scandinavian, mostly Celtic gods that were furious to that… hybrid of human and demon. Defeating him… no. It was impossible for the Celtic gods to kill him, let alone three half-bloods that don’t know their powers, let alone the fathers that sired them…” He trailed off, but our heads were spinning. Half-bloods, gods, father.

“Diolch i chi, ond mae’n rhaid I ni yn gadael nawr. Da bye.” I said in Welsh, and the dragon nodded his head in response. “Let’s go, Lukas, Valentin. Our business is done here.” They looked at me as if I slipped into Mandarin Chinese. “But-“I just gave Valentin the “death glare” and he shut his mouth.
~Numa numa iei~

We went back to London, thinking on what the Welsh dragon said. Once we went as far as Big Ben, we saw three men run over to us. Natural reaction: run. Apparently, those men are faster than we thought. “You three can calm down. We won’t hurt you or anything.” The man that grabbed me said his accent from some unknown land, rich like dark velvet. I looked at his face and I almost jumped out of my skin.

If I had a male version of myself, this man would be it. His hair is like a raven’s, black with natural blue highlights. His skin was pale, not milk white, but ivory white. He is wearing a black leather jacket, a plain white T-shirt, black jeans with silver chains hanging from his belt loops, and leather combat boots. A bit different from what I’m wearing, which is a leather duster, black jeans, a chain belt, knee- high leather boots, and a black T-shirt with A Perfect Circle on it. His eyes are what really shocked me. I knew my eye color is unpredictable, but I didn’t expect this man to have the same situation. It changes color every second, from blood red to deep amethyst.

The man that has Lukas also looks much like him. The same light-blond hair, pale skin (I think it’s just a Norwegian thing…), and amethyst eyes like bottomless pools of poisonous water. Just that Lukas wears a hoodie with the Norwegian flag, blue jeans, a T-shirt with a band on it, and converse. The man is wearing a fur jacket, jeans, boots, and a pair of gloves, like what the Nordics wear during winter.

The man with Valentin and Vale himself also looked similar, with the same black hair, vibrant red eyes and pale skin. Lukas and I always thought that Vale had vampire blood, and I guess he does if his father also looks like a vampire. The man is wearing a black suit and tie, much more formal that the other two men. Meanwhile, Vale is wearing a hoodie, a T-shirt with Voltaj, a Romanian band, jeans, and converse.

I was the first to find my voice. “What in the name of moustaches do you mean that you three “won’t hurt” us?” My two friends just sigh at my phrase; the men just stare at me, until the man that looked like me laughed. “You sound just like your two ancestors, Lovino and Feliciano Vargas, very powerful people back in Italian history, being all over Europe and negotiating with the other nations.” I was surprised that he not also mentioned them, but it sounds like he KNEW them. “Wait, you knew my ancestors? How-““I do know, Morrigan Angelo. And I believe you know who I am as well.” I thought about it, and then it clicked. He IS familiar; he visited mum and me few months after I was born. “…Dad?” My friends looked at me like I spoken an Asian language, but dad nodded. “I am the personification of Death, and I’m not planning on killing any of you.” He added, looking at my friends’ scared expressions.
Then Lukas looked at, what I presume, his father. “So, you are my father?” He bowed, and straightens back up again. ”Yes, I am Loki, the Nordic god of mischief. And, if you don’t mind…” He snapped his fingers, and his entire outfit changed. You know Grell Sutcliff from Black Butler? Yeah, Loki is wearing that very outfit. I would have glomped him, but that would be just awkward. Vale is going to burst out laughing at any moment, dad and the other man just looked like this was normal and Lukas…well, he fainted. “… Oops.” Loki just looked down on his fainted son. “He’ll get out of it. He seen worse, with Nagi and I as his friends.” Vale just waved his hand, like the matter was nothing, which it is.

“Who are you, other than my Tata, of course?” Vale stated, almost glaring at his father. “Well, I am Thanatos, Greek god of Death.” I threw up the “time out” sign. “Wait a minute, you mean Hades is just god of the Greek Underworld?” Thanatos just nodded. Now that’s clarified…”Why are you three here, other than just meeting us again?” Lukas deadpanned that statement.
“Well, we heard what happened with your mothers, so we decided to help a bit.” The three got out some weapons that seem like they just appeared out of thin air. Thanatos gave Valentin a gun, Loki gave Lukas a battle-ax, and Death gave me a scythe. With close inspection, the gun is a silver handgun; the ax is double-sided, made of a black metal and engraved with silver; the scythe’s pole is much taller than me and the metal is black engraved with silver. The weapons hummed with power, whose I have no idea.
“The weapons are charged with our power, so it will give you a bit of a jolt when you use them.” I raised an eyebrow. Wait a minute, a jolt? But a more important question popped in my mind. “Well, don’t the three of US have power?” I looked at the gods questionably, wanting them to answer. “Of course you three have power. You’re all demi-gods, children of humans and gods; very powerful to the point of starting wars.” We looked at them like “what!” “Really. What wars?” Lukas sent a look of questioning. “Both World Wars; gods are involved in all human wars to sum it into one bloody nutshell.”
“What kind of powers do we have?” I said, already developing a migraine forming from all this talking. “Lukas has the power to shape shift. Valentin has the power to see auras, the dead, and shadow travel. Morrigan, you have the power of an elemental, seeing the supernatural and the dead, and shadow travel.” What Dad said sounded like a nutshell, as if we had more power. “Any way, you should head to Ireland. Meet the Morrigan, goddess of death and slaughter. She’ll help you for a time, but not the ENTIRE time.”
Yes, a heading! WHOOOOOOOOOOOT! I felt like dancing, but this really isn’t the time or place to party.
~Dance with the Devil~
After saying farewell to our fathers, we started traveling again. I felt the weight of my scythe on my back, but it’s, surprisingly, not making me a slowpoke. And by how fast the boys are going, I’d say that their weapons didn’t lag them down either. “Once we get to Ireland, where do we go after that?” Lukas can rise up some good questions once he mulled over the topic for a good hour. But I can’t really answer that question, especially since I never went to Ireland until now. “Ask around for ancient Celtic sights? Maybe one of those might be sacred to the goddess.” Vale looked at me. “Do you know some things on the Morrigan? You’re named after her, anyway.” I sighed, wondering how Vale knew I researched on the goddess.
“The Morrigan is the goddess of death and slaughter, so she likes to be at battlefields because there, people did what she controlled. So, in order to see the carnage, the Morrigan turns into her sacred animal, the raven, and fly. She can’t walk in a battlefield in her human form; she would be a target.” I said with a straight face and kept walking until I noticed that the boys are just standing still, looking very pale. “Where, for the love of God, did you LEARN all that?” Wow, talk about being in sync.
“I READ, not just watch anime all the time. That’s why I know much about history and excelled in English.” Lukas raised an eyebrow, Valentin’s jaw dropped, surprisingly not to the ground; his mouth is big, but apparently not THAT big. I shook my head and kept walking, muttering about “unintelligent boys…have no sense of respect…Should know more… friends…”
We made it to the port before nightfall, but we currently can’t get a boat until morning. The boys went and got a room at an inn while I went around town and the surrounding area. I couldn’t help but notice faeries, unicorns, even a flying bunny the color of mint, which is awesome. Dad said that I can see the “supernatural”, so they might be them. I went after them and I lost them until I was in a forest clearing.
I saw a blond man with thick eyebrows and in a green WWII uniform, his eyes closed, being surrounded by mythical creatures. I can swear that it was England from Hetalia, because he looked exactly like him, but his eye color might be different. Come to think of it, Lukas does look much like Norway…If I could, I would glomp him, but I don’t think he would appreciate that, being tsundere and all. He opened his eyes, a vibrant forest green, and said in a voice that was England’s “Go to Ireland, and stop Bres. My brothers and I don’t want that king to be in control. After Ireland, Bres will try and conquer my land, the United Kingdom, then Europe, then the world. You and your friends are the only ones.” After he said that, he just…disappeared, as if he was a spirit. He wasn’t, I can just tell, but if England can’t appear in person, then…
I just shook my head and walked back to town, hoping that what I was thinking that befell England don’t happen.
~ANTI THE ∞ HOLiC~
After telling what happened with England to Lukas, Valentin was asleep because of eating too much, he was just stunned. “You’re saying that England, THE England, appeared to you in this clearing, telling you, me, and Vale are the only ones that can defeat Bres?” I nodded, too tired to talk. I couldn’t believe that mum was kidnapped just this morning. Also seeing Dad and many mythical creatures, but I can’t shake the feeling that we’re being followed by something.
The next morning, we were able to get a boat from an old fisherman who was kind enough to bring us across to Ireland. So now we were wandering around Dublin, talking to the people about anywhere we can go to see Celtic ruins. Either way, it took a while until we heard of a promising cite for the Morrigan; an old battlefield, now a cemetery, not really far from Dublin.
Once we got there, all I could say is that it’s silent. There wasn’t even a ghost to talk to! We decided to give up on the graveyard and look for another place until we saw the man coming toward us. He wore what Bres had: rich robes of velvet and gold, pointed shoes, and a gold crown. But this man has a cheery twinkle in his eye and he didn’t look very…sober.
“Well! You three seem familiar!” He has a loud voice, shattering the graveyard’s silence. We just backed away slowly, so that he doesn’t notice. “Wait, let me guess.” He pointed at Vale, “Thanatos! It’s been a long time!” Vale just backed off, scared and a bit concerned. The man then turned to Lukas. “Wow, Loki, you look really young this time!” Lukas raised an eyebrow, expressionless as always, but I can tell in his eyes that he’s scared. Then he turned to me. “Death, you got shorter!”
He’s dead~ Kolkolkolkolkolkolkol~
What? I couldn’t help it. Russia’s likeable in a kind of sadistic/innocent way, but I will NOT “become one with Mother Russia” because I said that.
Before I got out my scythe, however, a large raven flew at us and transformed into a woman with pale skin, black hair and wearing robes of black. “Don’t mind Dagda, he drinks enormous amounts of alcohol in one time. You three look much like your fathers, so he mistaken you for him.” She turned her eyes black as obsidian. “The three of you do look much like your fathers; Death, Loki, and Thanatos must be proud.”
I wasn’t sure to take that as a compliment or an insult.
We must’ve looked startled, because the woman laughed. “All gods heard of you three, especially you, Morrigan Angelo. Your father hasn’t sired any children ever since… well, he told me to keep an eye on you. Your three friends, the two with you and the girl, are powerful; you, however, are the most powerful. The children of Death are, in some ways, immortal. They are the embodiments of the countries; I believe you watched a show on them.”
…MY. LIVE. IS. MADE!!!!
I must have fainted after that; Vale, Lukas, and the woman were standing over me. “You alright, Nagi? We’re not sure if you just decided to fall or actually faint.” Why must Lukas sound so concerned? It’s not like I tried to stab myself on purpose like I did that one time. “It’s fine. I just fainted, that’s all. I was surprised at what she said.” The woman nodded her head slowly. “That’s understandable. Your siblings didn’t take it really well. Last I checked on them, they were arguing with each other, as usual, but it got…bloody.” I must be slow today, because I just remembered who this woman is.
I stood up suddenly and bowed to the goddess, surprising my two friends. “I’m sorry that I didn’t recognize you earlier, Lady Morrigan. My brain was trolling me for a bit.” The Morrigan smiled in a motherly way. “It’s all right; I wasn’t expecting to be recognized by any of you three.” Lukas scratched his head, “Death said that you can help us with finding our mothers. Bres has captured them and we can appreciate any help you might give us.” At least Lukas is careful with his words; if it was Valentin or me…I really don’t want to think about that.
The goddess nodded her head side to side; deciding if the three of us are worth her trouble. I believe that all Celtic gods hate Bres from what he did, spreading the secrets of the gods to the demons.
She stood up and looked at us. “Well, shall we go?” the three of us got up and followed her.
~Don’t Mess With Me~
Apparently, The Morrigan is much more fun than I thought. She joked with the three of us, even teasing Valentin and Lukas. The boys are embarrassed as hell, but I was greatly entertained. The Morrigan also told me about my “siblings”, in other words, the personified countries. I retold what happened when I met England, and she looked surprised. “I knew that England has supernatural powers, but to go and see you… I think he sensed a child of Death different than his brothers or other nations. He’s not known to do divination, or anything similar, so this must be of another nation.” She sounded concerned, but I didn’t press her why.
I looked around where we were walking, searching for Ireland or my other unknown, much older siblings. I stopped in my tracks, sensing something in the area. The Morrigan and Valentin sensed it as well. Lukas looked surprised and expressionless at the same time, which is normal to be expressionless all the time.
I told you Lukas is Norway~
The Old Catholic steeple loomed in front of us, stretching to the sky like it can. But that wasn’t what caught our attention. What did was a familiar figure standing in front, waving her arms at us to come closer. It was Deva, whom I thought was going after her father and step-mother; “Stiefmutter” is what my German best friend called Mrs. Schwarz.
“Hallo! I’m surprised that you three are here. Who’s the woman?” Deva’s happier than ever, I don’t think she smiled much when she was dealing with her “parents”. “The woman is the goddess Morrigan, showing where our mums are. Why are you here, Dev?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. She shifted uncomfortably, like she really didn’t want to tell us, which seems likely with her body language. “Well, following Vater und Stiefmutter, I found out that… They summoned Bres to get back at your mutters. They just met up with Bres and his demons to do some kind of ritual, but not sure for what.”
Well, that was one more time that the boys and I were speechless thanks to Deva; the first was when she actually swore in English in front of us. Deva looked at us, speechless as well. Why, I have no idea. “When did you get those weapons?” Lukas perked up at that, which surprised Deva. Vale and I are used to his reactions after traveling with him. “We got them from our fathers.” and so, the three of us retold what happened with our fathers.
Deva’s eyes were huge when we were done, I can solemnly swear that they were quarters. “You find your mum, Deva?” I asked, being straightforward to not confuse her. “Ja, Mutter happens to be Danu, goddess of love, wisdom, and wind. I got this dagger from her, to defend myself and all that.” I rose in eyebrow again at Deva. Wisdom, I can believe, wind is possible, but love? That baffled me. I looked at the steeple, felling a sense of death and chaos inside. “Well, I fulfilled what I did, bringing you here to stop Bres. I wish you all the best of luck. Dea-beannacht agus dea-luck!” The Morrigan transformed into a raven and flew off, blending in with the approaching darkness. The four of us shared a look and, as one, walked into the steeple.
~~Buono Tomato~~
I expected it to be dark in the abandoned church, but there was plenty of light filtering in through the broken windows. But there was something…unnatural about the place; I sensed it when we were getting closer to the place. I got out my scythe, the weight of it making me feel reassured. Apparently, the others got the same idea with their weapons.
“I have an idea, guys. But I’ll be risking my skin here.” Lukas is serious this time, like when he decided to break into the Tower of London. And yes, it was his fault; Vale and I just go to make sure Lukas doesn’t do anything illegal. “What is it?” Deva…
“Well, I’m able to shapeshift, so I’m thinking that if I change to a different creature, I’ll find out what’s happening.” Lukas sounded really confident, for once. “But you will get noticed, even if you changed into a church mouse. Remember the Tower incident? That was one of your ideas; that turned out really well.” Vale said, deadpanning what I was thinking, sarcasm dripping like venom off his words.
“Wait, Vale, I think we should give Lukas a chance. He changed from that incident; the three of us had.” I went over to Lukas, Valentin’s red eyes widening in my response. “Besides, it’s either waiting or our mums get killed, or we do action ASAP.” Deva was watching this like a football match, eyes widening with realization on how close the three of us are.
And I’m meaning world football, not that stupid American football that results in that nation’s people in being fat.
I turned to Lukas, but he wasn’t there. I looked down and I saw a black rat, like one from the Black Plague. Deva screamed at a frequency I never thought possible out of her; Vale’s eyes, somehow, got bigger than they already were; I just raised an eyebrow and sent him the look, “Seriously?” Rat Lukas turned and ran deeper into the church, apparently not liking our reactions.
It seemed like hours, but Lukas came back, and he didn’t look pleased. “Whatisit?” Hey, I didn’t get any sleep and I was tired anyway. I kicked Vale, who also fell asleep, and Deva was stirring. “I found them, but…well you three should see this.”
~Eyjan Græna~
“This is really, REALLY bad.”
The others just nodded their heads at my statement. Stone and bronze braziers stood around the inner chamber, fire flickering in them. I felt the fire’s power, though I wasn’t near any brazier. Mum and the others were on stone slabs, unconscious. King Bres and Mr. and Mrs. Schwarz stood in front of them, the king with a book that belonged to one of my brothers. Scotland, I believe. And behind them were thousands of demons. Dad said I can control the elements, so I decided to try it. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate, imagining the flames to burn out. All as one, the fires went out suddenly; I, meanwhile, felt great, even though I used my power.
The demons, king and his goons, and my friends looked around surprised. But my hand went to my scythe slowly. Even with the room being dark, you can still see outlines of things and people, so my moving arm will raise suspicions.
But then all Hell broke loose.
Deva, unfortunately, is clumsy and has some “balance problems” and that happened. She was her knees and she just moved a centimeter or two and BOOM; on her face in an instant. Everyone looked in our direction, surprised someone’s here, angry when they found out whom. Bres let the demons go, and they headed straight for us. I shared a look with Vale and Lukas, and we understood what to do. I got my scythe off my back, a sadistic grin spread on my face.
I fought like I was Death, in a way I was. I slashed through thousands and thousands of demons, not breaking a sweat. Lukas leaped over many demons and sliced through them at the same time with his axe. Vale apparently has an unlimited amount of bullets, because he shot through lines of demons without reloading. Deva went straight to Bres and her relatives to try and stop them.
I wasn’t sure how long I was fighting, but the demons were finally destroyed. The boys and I have scratch marks bleeding on our bodies, but it’s nothing serious. At least… they weren’t poisoned…right? I was going to find out if they were until I heard a scream. I turned to the sound and saw Deva on the ground, her knife a few feet away from her. The Royal Kidnapper, Bres himself, has a spear that he was planning to use against my friend.
After that, all I saw was red.
~Light ‘Em Up~
I was breathing hard, looking down at the mass of blood and flesh that was King Bres. Mum, my friends, and their parents were looking at me in shock and horror, like I was Steve in HetaOni. “I…I’m…I’m sorry…” I felt like I was going to cry, considering on what I done.
Mum came over to me and hugged me gently; I was trying not to cry, but some tears escaped my eyes. “It’s fine, Nagi. He’s gone; you don’t need to apologize about that.” I was going to close my eyes and gain some much needed sleep until I noticed the gun that Mr. Schwarz held, pointing it at my mother and me.
Fortunately, Vale and Lukas noticed. Vale brought out his own gun and pointed it at him; Lukas got the gun out of his hand by whacking it with the side of his axe. The gun skidded across the stone floor, far away from us. Vale was about to pull the trigger; the Schwarz cringed, bracing themselves for death-
“WAIT!”
I let go of Mum and looked at Deva, shocked at why she shouted. “It’s bad enough that Nagi has blood on her hands, I don’t want you two have that on you.” The boys looked at her in pure shock, but I got her reasoning. I killed someone, but it’s someone that died centuries ago. They are going to kill someone that never died before.
“So, what are you planning on doing with them?” I said, curious on what Deva’s going to say. “Well, how about they go to jail. They don’t die, and that will be their punishment. That good with you all?” I thought about it, but eventually caved in. The boys did as well, albeit grudgingly.
“Go back to England after this?” I suggested, smirking. I didn’t hear any objections, so now we’ll now head back.
But, is this the end of our troubles?

So, a recap that is as awesome as Prussia and as gory as Steve, in some parts. We rescued mum, and my friend’s mums, but I finally proved that I was a child of Death. Vale and Lukas, two of my friends, almost killed Deva’s father and step-mother until Deva herself persuaded us out of it. Now, we need to figure out who’s dealing with the Schwarz and who’s going back to England.

All I’m saying is that my friends are, somehow, weaker than me. And that’s saying something because I look like a short Slenderman. I look like I have no muscle, yet I am the strongest. And the reasons why…I don’t even know. It’s that bad. Either way, I’m bringing Deva with me for one reason: to not see her parents in prison.

“We’ll meet up back in London, si?” The boys just shrugged, Deva nodded her head, but Mum didn’t seem to agree with that. “What about us?” She raised an eyebrow at us, Luiza and Ingri just crossed their arms across their chests, having a staring contest with their sons. But we didn’t back down. After trying to find them and facing Bres and hordes of demons, we really weren’t scared of anything. “…fine. But don’t do anything stupid!” I figured that they would cave eventually~ Deva was just confused on what happened. “Vale and I will go and take them” Lukas pointed at the Schwarz, “over to the police. I saw a police station in Dublin, so that means it won’t take too long. We’ll catch up afterwards.”
~5. März~

We made it back to Dublin relatively unscathed, with the exception of Vale being a complete idiot. He decided to fight a leprechaun on the way and found out that they were stronger than they look. Not to mention ruder than I expected, but it got into a fight with a vampire wannabe. I would be angry as well.

“So, not we have to split ways for a while…” Lukas is currently fascinated in his converse, Vale in his as well. I just looked away from them, feeling if I looked at them, I would burn to ashes. “C’mon, guys! It’s not like it’ll be forever! We’ll meet up again. It doesn’t take long to get people into prison, especially Ireland.” I looked at Deva gratefully, but I have a feeling that it’s much harder than that.

We went to the harbor, and I, fortunately, got a boat and we sailed straight to England. I was swaying a bit, and it wasn’t from seasickness. I NEVER get seasick, so that was out of the possibilities of reality for me. I went to a side of the boat will I won’t get THAT soaked. But that didn’t stop a strange dream from happening.
~Lost In the Echo~

I was in a dark room, which suspiciously smelled of blood. I looked around and saw… something. I got closer and saw that it was a person. He wore a blue WWII uniform that looks like it was splattered with blood. He has dark auburn hair, a curl on the left side of his head, eyes of a brown/gold color alive with fear, and a book that might’ve saw better days, with all the blood spatters on it.
He looked past me to something behind me. I turned, and saw a creature the color of gray and looking like he’s on steroids, which I think likely. The Thing reached with his hand to the man, who started trembling and shouted.
I bolted awake, shivering at what happened. I felt that the man is a child of Death, a personification of a country; the creature was supposed to be dead, yet lived for a long time. But what the man shouted was what left me quaking. I didn’t expect to know that it was a spell, a summoning spell, yet I also know what he was summoning for.
He was summoning me.
~Oh Sweet England~
I kept my dream a secret; don’t need mum or Deva going all pazzo e merda on me. I breathed in the sweet smell of my homeland, England. “There’s too much that time cannot erase/When you cried I’d wipe away all of your tears/When you’d scream I’d fight away all of your fears/And I held your hand through all of these years…” I couldn’t help but sing this song. It remands me a bit of the personification; forgotten, but not lost.
“Something wrong, Nagi?” Deva looked at me in concern and worry. “You’ve been acting really strange after killing Bres.”
I looked away; my face will give Deva the answer she wants most. “It’s nothing. We better start moving.” “Nagi…
“You just give me trouble. The three of you always do.”
I didn’t answer that statement; I knew it was true ever since the boys and I became friends. And, hopefully, it stays that way.
~Anima I Have Become~
“Hey Nagi?” “Yeah Deva?” “Do you know where you’re going?” “…” ”Nagi?” “…No…” “…I hate you…”
“Girls, let me deal with this. I recognize this area and my editor lives close.” Mum sounded confident. Then again, I was surprised that she still has her cell; she loses it almost every week.
“Chao… si…no… in the forest at the shore of the Irish sea…yes…thank you” mum hung up, smiling. “She said that she can give us a ride in about five minutes.”
And, true to mum’s word, her editor arrived shortly, but there was a bit of a problem…
“We all can’t ride in there.”
I really didn’t want really close quarters with people right now, and neither did Deva; I can see it on her face. “How about Deva and I just walk the rest of the way?”
I think they will protest, but I didn’t hear it. I just turned and ran, grabbing Deva’s hand and almost dragging her along. I just kept going until we went to a clearing; I let go of Deva and collapsed at a base of a tree.
“What was that all about? I appreciate you dragging me away from the car, I get horrible claustrophobia. But just running off like that, running from for mutter? That was new.” Deva was right; she was telling the truth. I changed to the point that I would run away from my own mother.
“Well, who do we have here~ some girls~~~” A man in a simple tunic and cloak went into the clearing, but that wasn’t what concerned me. It was the look in his eyes; the eyes of a puto violador. If Deva and I aren’t careful, we’ll be kissing our innocence goodbye. Well, the rest of mine.
“Who are you?” I demanded, getting straight to the point.
“Well, I am Cernunnus, the god of hunting. I was hunting deer, but” he paced around Deva for a bit “I think I hit a much better game, this time.” He purred, going to touch Deva’s blonde hair, but she swatted his hand away.
I got up, now realizing how tired I was. “Well, we were just resting for a few minutes. We’ll be going now, right Deva?” Deva nodded, catching on. “Yes, we were just going.” Cernunnus narrowed his eyes, seeing if we were lying or not.
“How about you two stay with me for a bit? I don’t see any harm in that.” He said his eyes and smile telling a completely different story. I was ready to grab Deva and make a run for it until I seen Lukas. That’s when I got a completely new idea that is really insane and a high possibility of the other two not catching on.
I have nothing to lose, anyway.
“Lukie~” I tackle-glomped him, startling Deva and Cernunnus. Not to mention scaring the Hell out of Lukas; I never seen Lukas that pale before~ But I did something that I would NEVER do in front of anybody. I went and kissed Lukas. And not just any kiss; the French kiss.
Lukas eyes went huge, but he accepted it, wrapping his arms around me, closing his eyes, and deepening it at the same time. We broke away, breathless, and Deva and Vale, when on earth did he arrive, stared at us like we dropped from the Moon.
“Where’s Cernunus?” I was doing it casually, like everything is normal. But it’s not. “What, exactly, did you do, Morrigan?” I just looked at them blankly. What… Oh. I looked away, blushing. “W-well, it seemed like a-a good idea, so…” I trailed off, not really wanting to explain it.
I looked at my friends and they looked stunned, even Lukas. Lukas sighed, “Well, if you liked me, you could have told me.” I probably looked like a tomato by now; I really can’t…
“L-let’s just go to London. The sooner we get there, the better.” I turned in the direction and almost went running. I ran until I got out of the forest and to a road that leads, possibly, to London. I went down the road, not looking back to see if my friends are following me.
~Boulevard of Broken Dreams~
London, my hometown, is in my sights. I looked around, noticing that it’s as busy as usual. If this was a regular day, I would be heading to school with my friends… I kept looking back on the entire trip here to see if they followed me.
…I really don’t think they did.
I was debating on getting tea and scones to go or having them at the café until I heard my name being called. I looked around, surprised and startled, to see who called my name; my nickname at that. I was going to sum it up as my brain trolling me until I seen a head of pale blond coming toward me.
Lukas, whom I thought was furious with me after my advance, is now trying to catch his breath in front of me. He looked ruffled; running to catch up to me, but his eyes told me everything. “Lukas, I’m-” he cut me off with a kiss, almost making me melt. We broke away, not speaking for a few minutes. I can see Vale and Deva sharing a look and going somewhere else.
“Du trenger ikke å be om unnskyldning for noe.” He said in his native language; I understood every word that he said. “Jeg elsker deg.” I almost cried with that statement.
~Quiet~
Lukas and I met up with Vale and Deva at Big Ben, but they were not alone. I noticed Dad, Loki, and Thanatos, but there is a woman that looks much like Deva. She has braided blonde hair, fair skin, blue eyes, and in a denim jacket, a t-shirt with the German flag on it, and a dark green skirt.
“Lukas!” “Morrigan.” I bowed to my father, Lukas…he just nodded his head and tried not to look really horrified. Deva turned toward us. “They’re here to congratulate us on defeating Bres.” Oh, really?
I raised an eyebrow at my father, who deliberately didn’t meet my multicolored eyes with his own. “W-well, they insisted that I come. S-s-so…” I sighed, now knowing where I gained my tsundereness. “Dad, I don’t know why you’re so frustrated. And you didn’t have to come if you wanted to.” Death looked up, surprised by words and his blush fading, so that means that he doesn’t look much like a tomato now. “Hey, Beelze!”
I turned to Loki, grinning and in his flamboyant outfit, heading toward us with Lukas, whose blushing. I looked at Death and saw that he’s blushing out of anger and glaring at the Scandinavian. If looks can kill, Loki would be dead and never coming back with the glare Dad’s sending him.
“How many times must I tell you? My. Name. Is. Beelzebub!” he roared, furious and still looking like a tomato. “Now, what do you want?” Loki shook his head. “Feisty. You’re feisty today, Beelzebub. What got you like that, yesterday? Today?” Death sighed, frustrated. “Get to the damn point, Loki. I have no time for this.”
Loki smiled deviously. “Well, I will say that Morrigan is forward with boys; she made a move on my son.” I looked straight at Lukas and he shrank back. “You TOLD him?!” He shifted left and right. “Well, he noticed earlier, so I had to tell him what’s going on…” Lukas trailed off after that.
“It could be worse, Loki. To be honest, I don’t mind unless your boy decided to something to my daughter.” Beelzebub said, clearly making his point. “I can’t see how I can do anything to you, Nagi. You’ll just whop my ass to next month, at least.” I chuckled at that statement; all that he said is true.
“Can you all get to the point of why you’re all here? Other than congratulating us, that is.” Deva, thank you for getting to the point; she came over to us with Vale, Thanatos, and the woman. “The name’s Danu, Deva’s mother.” She said, smiling.
“Well, the real reason is that a hero’s life isn’t easy. This is only the beginning, but you’ll find out how bad it can get.” Danu explained, the men nodding their heads in agreement. “We should be expecting it?” I said, raising an eyebrow.
“Ja.” “Si.” “Ja.” “Ναι.”
Great.
~Wonderland~
After this incident, the four of us went on more risky adventures. I, unfortunately, am the last of us that is still alive. Deva died in a fight with an ogre; Valentin vanished in his homeland looking for vampires; and Lukas died up in the northern lands of Norway. The only reason I’m alive is because I became the personification of Death after Dad told me I’m the true personification.
I now have to deal with my “siblings”, the personified nations, of not killing each other. And that alone is frustrating. Put in my job, getting the dead and transporting them to Heaven, Hell, the Underworld, etc. it’s really frustrating and gives me a headache.
At times, I remember this adventure, but it makes me remember my human live; I’m immortal now. It makes me depressed and happy at the same time; the fun times I had with them, and that we can never do them ever again. I still remember them with a smile, though.
Amare tutti coloro che si interessano, che non sai mai quando ti lasciano.
Farewell.