THE BEAST | Teen Ink

THE BEAST

June 22, 2011
By Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
More by this author
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments

My story, you probably think is going to end like a happy little fairy tale. Well I can tell you one thing, suspect the worst. I’m telling you, this story IS a true horror. . .

“Kayla! get your butt down here or I'm coming up there and kicking it down!” said my mother. Well, stepmother anyway. she is a real brat, not me. Let me get to the point. . . I hate her. My old mom was sweet. And well, my dad and I loved her. My dad died when I was nine. He was in a car accident and well. . . the doctors couldn't save him. He died. My mom she died when I was born. Even though I never even new her, my dad told me wonderful stories about her. Before my dad got into the car accident, he made the worst mistake of his life, he married Marla Edean Pittersburge. My stupid stepmother. My life is like the Cinderella story, but without a happy ending. Yeah, my life is miserable. But, I guess I could say my life isn’t as bad as Cinderellas. I mean I have awesome friends at school.

Most people in my grade hate going to school. But for me it is like a get-away-spa from my stepmother. Anyway my life to sum it up for you, sucks.

I ran downstairs hurrying so she won’t kick my butt down the stairs. seriously, she actually did that once to me. I was in the bathroom then walked out. I went over to the stairs then, BAM! my butt got a beating and I tumbled all the way down the stairs. She didn’t even care. She just walked right by and said: “That’s what you get for not hurrying!” What a complete idiot!

“Hurry Kayla, your going to miss the bus!” she said, then added: “But not that I care, You will just have to walk then anyway”. She glared at me with her ugly mud brown eyes and then walked off.

“I hate her” I grumbled to myself then grabbed my lunch and ran to catch the bus.

“I really hate her”

The bus came to an erupting halt. I was finally at school, six hours of pure learning and not having to worry about being kicked in the butt.

“Hey Kayla!” said a boy with deep blue eyes and shaggy brown hair.

“Whats up Mason?” I asked.

“ How did it go with your idiotic stepmother?” Mason asked.

“Like the usual, she wanted to kick my but down the stairs and I wanted to rip her guts out” I said.

“Wow, that was pretty harsh, harsher than last weeks update” Mason replied.

“Well she did kick me all the way down the stairs” I defended myself.

“Yeah I guess that would make me want to rip my stepmothers guts out to” he replied.

“Yeah well, you don’t have a stepmother, you, have a really nice mother who bakes cookies every time you wave your little magic wand” I replied sarcastically.

“Come on now, I told you a million times, it’s a piton twirlier, not a magic wand” said Mason.

So I can set you straight. Mason, is in band. But, since he was so bad, they let him be entertainment and decided he should be, a piton twirlier.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever” I replied while we headed for school.

“Hey Lain! you have to go to the office! Mr. Pit said so” called a boy with blond hair and light blue eyes.

“Since when have people started calling you by your last name?” I asked Mason.

“Don’t know, they must really respect me” Mason said.

“Oh yeah, respect a guy who holds a wand up and twirls it like a pretty pink fairy!” I replied sarcastically.

“It’s a wand” He said shortly, then stalked off.

“You know, that you will have to apologize, right?” said a girl from behind me.

“Cura! Oh my gosh! Your here! How was your trip to Hawaii?” I asked Cura.

So I can catch you up, Cura is like my BFF. She is has pretty dark skin and has beautiful dark brown eyes and long dark brown hair. She just went to Hawaii and now her skin even looks darker. She was away for about a week and I missed her like crazy. Cura, Mason, and me are a bunch of goof balls. We stick together like were super glued to each other.

“It was really fun! I wish you could have gone! I missed you so much!” Cura replied.

“Yeah I missed you to, so where did you go?, what did you see?” I asked.

“It was mostly beautiful beaches, and huge gorgeous hotels, also a I did a lot of site seeing, we went to different islands to” she replied.

“Sweet! I wish I could have gone, but my stupid step-”

“I know, I know, your stepmother wouldn’t let you go” finished Cura.

“Yep” I said.

“Hey, where is Mason anyway?” Cura asked.

“Oh, some of his friends came and grabbed him, they told him he had to go see Mr. Pit” I replied.

“Oh gosh, I hope he isn’t in trouble ” Cura said nervously.

“Nah, Mason is not in trouble. I mean what could he do wrong. his Mr. Perfect, well, except for playing any instrument” I said jokingly.

“Kayla Ann Pettersburge! That, is so mean!” glared Cura. But I knew she was trying to hide a smile and a laugh.

“Oh come on, it wasn’t that bad” I said as I entered the school building and headed for my locker.

“Yes it was” she stated and started to walk off towards her locker.

“And Cura! You know I don’t like you calling me by my last name!” I hollered after her.

“I know that’s why I said it” she called back over her shoulder.

Then I headed off for my first class of the day. . .

Mrs. Mearany, was a tall, black haired, brown eyed, math teacher. You see, I’m not that great at math so, Mrs. Mearany is my daily math teacher. Shes pretty strick and is constantly watching me with her big beady brown eyes. I hate it, shes like my stepmother, ugh! That’s what have been trying to get away from at school! One more idiot like my stepmother, and I’m going to start bailing school and lock myself up in my room!
“OK everyone” started Mrs. Mearany, fixing me with a bead glare.

“Lets take out are notebooks and list all the steps of, orders of operations. Then write what PEMDAS means” she instructed.

So you know what PEMDAS means, all tell you. It stands for, parentheses, Exponents, multiplication, dividing, adding, and subtraction, or please excuse my dear Aunt Sally. Yep, it’s pretty cool what you can do to long things and turn them into something short.

Right after I was done writing out what PEMDAS meant, Mrs. Mearany handed out a piece of paper. It read:

SCHOOL FIELD TRIP: To Shadow Camp.

This trip will be an exciting opportunity that your child would not want to miss. This trip will last two days, in the open fresh air. Some activities your child would be doing is:

1. being taught survival skills

2. learning to take care of animals

3. learning how to start a fire

4. learning how to use a boat

5. learning archery

6. learning how to mark a trail so you won’t get lost

7. going to a dance

Please do not miss out on this exciting opportunity sign up! Your child and the school will be going April thirtieth. The cost of this trip is $300.00 per child. Hope you sign up!







Sincerely: Robert A. Pit

Wow, my step-idiot, would NEVER! let me go to this camp. I’m probably going have to pros-wade her to let me go. Darn it! stupid stepmother!

“The sheet I passed out to you is to be signed and turned in tomorrow” she instructed.

Oh great, now I only have one day to pros-wade my mean and idiotic stepmother to actually let me go to this camp! just great!

After she told us a little more about the camp the bell finally rang. I walked out of class and headed to my locker to get my things for my next class. . .

After school I rode the bus home and went into my house quietly. No doubt that my stepmother was probably passed out on the couch . I peeked in to the living-room, and to find my stepmother snoring like a bear on the couch. I stayed away from my stepmother so she wouldn’t be grouchy when I told her I need three hundred dollars for a camping trip. So instead I went into the kitchen to make my hard to pros-wade stepmother a snack. After at least twenty minutes of redoing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich five times I finally got to perfection, or at least an OK looking sandwich. I walked into the living-room to find my stepmother watching TV. Good shes awake I thought to myself.

“Hi mom! I just made you a sandwich!” I said brightly plastering on a fake smile.

She looked me, then took the plate. Between bite fulls she said:

“OK whats up? I know you hate me, what do you want now?” she glared at me.

Wow! I thought. She is good! She like knows me inside and out! CRAP!

“Well you, there is this camp, and I really wanted to go” I replied, putting on another fake smile.

“OK first of all you can cut it out with the smiles because I know that your faking it and it’s starting to get really creepy” she said meanly. “Second of all, how much is?” she asked.

“Huh? What” I said distracted that she actually got this far and not just saying no right when I said I wanted to go to camp.

“How much is camp?!” she said annoyed.

“Oh um. . . three hundred dollars” I said. I expected to her to scream no way in my ear and smack me silly, but she just said: “Let me see the sheet”. So I gave it to her.

She read it over twice, so she wouldn’t miss anything. After she looked up at me and gave me a look over, think if I deserved to go or not. Shes probably going to say no! I thought to myself.

“Get me a pen so I can sign” she ordered.

Oh my gosh! I screamed in my head. Shes letting me go! Wait a minute! shes letting me go! there’s probably some sort of catch! She would never let me go for free! I thought angrily to myself.

I gave her the pen, and she signed. I looked at her.

“OK, so whats the catch?” I asked annoyed that I hadn’t thought about it before.

“The catch is. . .” she started.

I new it! It new! she won’t let me go for free! I thought again.

“That you will be away so I won’t be stressed about you being in my life!” she said fixing me with a glare.

That’s it?! Wow that’s nothing! I don’t even care that what she was mean! I get to go to the camp! I thought to myself so excited that I was practically hoping up and down.

You may think that me going to camp is a good thing but, . . . It was the worst mistake. . . EVER!

I ran to my house after another day of school, practically yelling in my head: WOO HOO!!!! I get to go to Shadow Camp Tuesday!

“I’m home!” I shouted to my stepmother.

“Whatever!” she called back. As usual she doesn’t care.


I ran up to my room to pack for Tuesday.

That night I could hardly sleep. All I could think is, well. . . you know. . . CAMP! It stuck in my head like it was chained there.

Oh come on! Sleep! I told myself. SLEEP! After ten minutes of counting sheep and thinking of bedy-by land, I was finally able to pass out just like my stepmother does on the couch.

RING!!! RING!!! RING!!! RING!!! Sounded my alarm clock. “UGH! I didn’t get any sleep!” I yelled at the alarm clock.

I then got up and got dressed for school. After that I ran downstairs for breakfast.

“Good Morning!” said my stepmother as I walked over to the counter to get a bowl of cereal.

“Um. . . Hi?! Did you hit your head or something because you seem a little nice now?!” I said really shocked that she actually acknowledged my existence.

“Well one more day and you will be outta here and I will have this place all to myself” Se said meanly. But I didn’t care. I was still shocked she actually said good morning to me.

“No” I said. “I think you are starting to like me” I teased her.

“Hey! Know I don’t I’m just happy your going for, two days” She said snottily.

“No, you have to admit you like me” I replied teasingly again.

“Yeah whatever” she said and walked into the living-room.

“SHE LIKES ME!!!” I screamed.

“KNOW SHE DOESN’T” my stepmother yelled back. And with that enlightening thought, I headed off for school.

“OK everyone today, the Camp form is due, please pass them up” Mrs. Mearany said, then fixed me with another cold glare.

“One down, two more to go” I muttered. You see, Mrs. Mearany usually, gives me three glares a day. Yeah I know, I’m so special! Usually she gives me a glare at the beginning at math class, in the middle of math class, and at the end of math class. Yeah my math teacher is weird like that.

“If any one has their payments for camp you can pass those up to” Mrs. Mearany said.

I got out the check and passed it up to her.

“I will defiantly check to see if you payed all the money” she fixed me with another glare.

Wow one more glare then I’m use to! I’m so special!

After I got home I ran up stairs to my room, to bring my suitcases down so I wouldn’t have to drag them downstairs in the morning.

“So heavy! What did I pack a boulder! Gosh!” I huffed as I dragged them down the stairs.

“Whats all the racket!”shouted my stepmother.

“Oh, I’m just dragging my suitcase down the stairs” I called back.

“Don’t ruin the stairs!” she yelled.

As usual, she didn’t say: (like a normal mom would)

“Do you need help” or “Oh honey let me get those for you!” or, “Sweetie! don’t break your back!”

She just said: “Don’t ruin the stairs!”. Like hello! the stairs aren’t made of living flesh and bones!

Instead of saying that, I just lift the suitcases up and heaved them down the stairs.

“Don’t worry! I didn’t hurt your precious stairs!” I called to my stepmother.

“Good!” she said. Then I walked up to my bedroom and slammed the door. Tomorrow. . . Was going to be. . . BIG. . .

I woke and then remembered. . . today was the big day! The field trip!

I ran to my closet and wrenched on a black sweater and some jeans. Then went into the bathroom to put my hair in a ponytail.

“Come on Kayla! I have to drop you off!” shouted my stepmother.

“OK! coming!” I yelled back. I ran down the stairs and all the way out the door. Crap! I thought. I didn’t have any breakfast! to late for that! I thought as I climbed into the big black Saturn.

The car started to rumble and head south to my school. Hurry! I don’t want to miss the bus! and I don’t think my stepmother wants me to miss it ether! I thought to myself.

When we got to school, I got out of the car to see my friends sitting on the sidewalk waiting for me, as I unloaded the trunk.

“Bye!” I said to my stepmother as I headed for my friends.

“Bye bye!” she called back.

Creep! I thought, just plain creepy!

“Whoa! did your stepmother just say bye to you? please tell me I’m wrong, because I’m starting to get the feeling your stepmother is intending for you to stay at the camp for good” said Cura.

“Yeah I got the shivers to, first the good morning, now the bye! what next an a aggressive hug?” I said.

“Come on maybe shes just being nice. Your stepmother wasn’t all that bad” replied Mason.

Cura and I looked at each other and laughed as we walked toward the bus.

“Are you insane Mason! My stepmother, being nice! Ha! I don’t think so! Shes just happy and being creepy nice because I’m leaving!” I replied still laughing my guts out.

“Well at least she said something” he said.

“Yeah, whatever, while you daydream of her ever being nice, wand boy, I’m in reality thinking about how awesome this field trip is going to be!” I replied as I climbed on the bus with my suit case.

After I set my suitcase in a holder and sat down I got out my book called: “The Warrior” By: Jared k. Diamond, and began to read.

“Um hello?! why are you reading? don’t you want to talk about how exciting this trip is going to be?” asked Cura.

“No, I already no it’s going to be great” I replied simply.

“Well, your no fun” Cura said.

“Yeah I know” I replied and returned back to my book. At least three hours past, and we were finally at Shadow Camp.

“Were!” shouted Cura, right into my ear.

“Gosh! I don’t need a hearing aid! I could hear perfectly,until you yelled into it! Ugh! I already have my stepmother yelling at me! not you to!” I complained.

“Well that’s what you get for not talking to me! You just sat there and read that stupid book!” Cura shot back.

“ Well, I was at a good part in my book and I wanted to read!” I defended myself.

“Whatever! can we just put it behind us? I don’t want to fight while were here” Cura replied.

“Fine” I replied curtly.

We were now officially at Shadow Camp. . .

When everyone was settled and unpacked, we walked over to a huge grass field that had a huge tree to the right and seven archery targets to the left. When everyone was on the field and lined up, the instructors started to read off groups.

“OK” said our instructor for our line. “I am going to divide you into your groups then say what you will be doing first” finished the instructor. “Here is the the first group, Max Ride, Ian Cummings, Eric Cummings, Marie Loop, Matt Loop, Alison Weslock, Melody Perrin, Hailey Ciestluck, and Kayla Pittersburge” said the instructor.

“Second group, Jessica Baxter, Juilana Boblitz, Hanna Hathaway, Jennifer Myers, Makaylia Marrison, and Cura Parson, that is the second and last group I am putting together” said the instructor.

“The first group will be taking the marking class, your instructor is over at the archery targets, her name is Ms. Barbes, you may go there now” finished the instructor and we headed off.

“Bye Cura! have fun!” I called over my shoulder.

“Bye! You too!” she replied.

I then walked over to the archery targets.

“OK class, we will be learning how to mark trails, so that we won’t get lost, I am Ms. Barbes if you don’t know who I am” she said to us.

“OK lets go mark those trails!” she said with more enthusiasm than I expected, I mean we are marking trails! whats so awesome about that? Then again, we should all being thinking positive thoughts. . .

“OK, we will be splitting up into smaller groups, to practice our marking skills, also it is a good time to get to know each other as well” said Ms. Barbes

“OK this the first group: Max Ride, Marie Loop, Eric Cummings, Hailey Ciestluck, Ian Cummings, and Kayla Pittersburge”announced Ms. Barbes.

“You may start by going to the trail on the right” said Ms. Barbes.

We started to head over.

“OK, we will start by making a mark every twelve steps, just like Ms. Barbes said” started Max.

“We will each take turns marking, the first person who is marking has to keep track every twelve paces so we won’t get lost” continued Max.

“OK who wants to go first?” she finished.

“I will” said Hailey.

“Whose next?” asked Max.

“Me” replied Marie.

“Then me” continued Eric.

“Then I guess I will go” said Ian grudgingly

“I’m going last then” I finished.

“Then were all set!” said Max, “Lets go!”.

We were off on our first adventure. . .

“OK Marie, your next to mark the trail” said Max.

“Alright, I just want to get this thing over with! it’s so boring!” Marie complained.

We had been walking for about five minutes, and we were already tired. So much for any of us being a a professional athlete!

After about two more minutes we came to a intersect. Apparently though, I wasn’t paying attention, because well, I kind of went the wrong way.

When I finally got suspicious of the absence of chattering and complaining I finally looked up, from the brochure I was reading, I found myself. . . Lost. . .

Great, I thought to myself, You get lost when you just learned how to not get lost! . . .

I had been walking for at least ten minutes, when all of a sudden, I heard someone whimpering like a little girl.

“Hello?” I called out softly.

Nothing. . . accept. . . the whimpering. . .

As I got closer and closer to the whimpering, I started to panic. Is someone hurt? how will I help them? I wondered.

I stopped suddenly. . . right in front of me . . .

was a little girl. . .

She was wearing a light blue t-shirt, with white shorts. She had long blond tangled hair. She was just sitting on a huge rock crying.

“Um. . . are you OK?” I asked, unsure of what to do.

The little girl looked at me and stared. Then, the strangest thing happened. . .Her eyes. . . The started to change color. . . like all different colors that I haven’t even seen for eye colors. . . her eyes changed from gold, to blue, to green, to purple, to brown, and lastly to a silvery kind of blue.

“Whoa!” I replied, stunned.

She just kept on staring. She wore a sad expression .

I wonder why? I thought.

“Are you OK? did you know that your eyes could change all different colors like that?” I asked.

She just looked even more sad after I said that. She looked down at her feet.

“Are you OK? Why don’t you talk?” I asked again.

She looked up again, then stood up and turned to her left.

I gasped. . . On her right side of her waist was a huge

slash. . .

“Oh my gosh! are you OK?” I asked her.

But just like that. . .She lunged at me. . . with a mouth full of fangs. . .

I screamed. . . Not sure what to do. . . I froze. . .

The little girl grabbed me by the leg and jumped on me aiming for the throat. . .

For a little girl she sure is strong! I thought. Yeah I know what your thinking, Are you kidding me! there’s a little girl trying to rip your throat out, and all your thinking about is how strong she is!? What are you an idiot!

For starters, yes I am an idiot, that's why I had to take I had to take daily math. So just for a heads up, I am start thinking random thoughts just to cover up the problems in my life. Yeah I know I pretty stupid when it comes to life or death situations.

“Get off me!” I yelled at her. Apparently she doesn’t know what personal space is!.

Her fangs. . .were so close to my throat, I could feel her breath running down my back like a river. It smelled like. . .

Blood. . .

Then when wasn’t paying attention. . . She sunk her fangs deep into my neck. . .

I was in so much pain I thought was going to die. It felt like getting shot all over with a machine gun but it was a million times worst.

The little girl got off me and walked away like nothing had ever happened. Like she never even bit me. . .

I then started to shake violently. I screamed in pain and hit the forest floor. . . which didn’t help considering it was covered with pine needles!

Everything was a blur. . . I hadn’t felt this much pain since I broke my leg in kinder-garden, when Lucie Marten dared me to climb up a tree. And I bet you can guess, . . . I didn’t end pretty.

“Help me” I whispered.

The inside of my mouth felt like some of my teeth were getting knocked around. My finger nails were aching and itching, like they were growing hundred miles an hour. I felt my whole body stretching so far, I thought I was going to break. I was changing. . . changing into. . . The beast. . .

I got up, no longer hurting and screaming like crazy.

Wouldn’t have someone heard all that commotion? I thought. Yet, no one was running out yelling: “Oh my gosh! Are you OK?” No one. . .

Then I heard rustling. . . “Whose there?” I said nervously.

Then I just remembered, I’m the beast. . . I looked down at myself. . . I was so tall. I had huge feet, claws that were about two inches long and long pointy teeth.

“Great!” I said to myself “I’m not myself anymore! I look hideous!” I replied to myself.

The rustling then got louder. . .

“Hello? don’t come any closer! or I will. . . um. . . nock all your teeth out!” I shouted.

Nice one! I thought sarcastically.

The rustling stopped.

Huh? I thought. Why did it stop?

Then all of a sudden. . . a small figure came out of the

bush. . .It was. . . a. . . bunny.

Yeah, you probably think, a bunny? Why a bunny? Can’t you make it interesting, like the little girl beast? Sorry, that’s just how the story goes.

I tried to calm myself down to change me back into human form but, everything that happened just came racing back. . .

The flashing of different color eyes, the fangs, me changing into a beast. . . It was all to much. . . I felt like I was going to explode. . . I then I hit the floor hard. . . Everything in me was screaming: “OUCH!!!!” but it wouldn’t stop the pain. . . Then I screamed so hard that all the pain just went away, I don’t know how, it just went away.

Then I got up and started to dust off. I stopped. My hands, they were normal. No claws or anything. I opened my mouth and touched the bottom of my teeth. No fangs.

“All that pain must have made it go away” I said, still shocked from had happened.

Then I heard foot steps. . .

“Shes probably got lost this way” said a voice.

The foot steps got louder. . .

Then I saw them. . . Max and the others. . .

“Guys! I’m over here!” I shouted.

“Oh my gosh! are you OK?” asked Hailey, once they all reached my destination.

“Yeah, we heard all the screaming and thought someone was hurt, but then you were missing so we thought it was you went to look for you to see if you were all right” continued Marie.

“Then we found you here when you called out to use” finished Eric.

“Oh I’m fine guys, I just. . . Um. . . tripped and fell” I lied.

“Hey, um guys, did you see a little girl anywhere when you were looking for me?” I asked.

“No, why? did you see a little girl?” Max asked me.

“Yeah, she was crying and then I walked up to her and she ran away” I lied again.

“Well we didn’t see a little girl, maybe you tell the camp counselor” suggested Ian.

“Thanks, will do” I replied. Then we all headed back towards camp. I will defiantly be getting an E+ on my marking assignment!

When we got back to the fields, everyone was already at the dinning hall.

“Hey, maybe you can tell the counselor about that little girl after dinner” suggested Eric.

“Thanks, I will” I replied back to him.

I headed over to the dinning hall with Eric. When we walked in everyone was already eating. I then spotted Max and the others at the center table. The dinning hall was a large room. It had a cheap white coat of paint that was chipping away furiously. In the back of the room, there were tables with metal trays of food and drinks. In the middle of the room was at least twenty tables and all of them were full. In the front was two rectangular tables put together to make one big table for all of the teachers. on the far left of the dinning area was two big grime covered windows.

Once I got my food and sat down, I started eating.

“Hey Kayla are you going to the bonfire tonight?” asked Ian.

“Yeah, after I tell the counselor about the little girl incident” I replied.

“Great!” Ian said back.

After everyone was finished, all the students started streaming out of the dinning hall.

“Hey Hailey!” I called to her.

“Yeah” she asked.

“Do you know where the counselor's building is?” I asked her.

“Yeah, behind the dorms and to left” she answered.

“Thanks! I will see you at the bonfire!” I called to her as I headed over to the dorms.

Once I turned left, I abruptly stopped to see two huge blue eyes staring at me from the dark woods. . .

It’s her I thought, The beast. . .

I just stared at her. I hate your beastly guts! I screamed at her through my mind. But I knew she couldn’t hear me.

“Please don’t be mad at me” the little girl said.

“You turned me into a hideous create, that I might be stuck as forever!” I yelled at her.

“There’s a cure though” she said back.

“A cure? wait you me something to get rid of the beast inside of me?” I asked.

“Yes” she replied.

“Well, what is?” I asked urgently.

“You have to bite someone who is closest to you” she said simply.

“What are you crazy! I’m not biting any of my friends!” I screamed at her this time.

“It doesn’t have to be your friends” she replied calmly.

“I hate you, and I hate what you have done to me! I hate you!” I screamed at her again and then ran straight to the counseling center.

When I got there, I slammed open the door to the counseling center, and almost slammed into the counselor .

“Sorry” mumbled.

“That's OK dear, do you need anything?”she asked.

“Yes, I need to tell you something” I replied.

I told her all about how I found the little girl a.k.a the beast, and how she just ran off without saying anything.

“Well that is quiet a story!” said the counselor unconvinced.

“You don’t believe me? Fine, all show you the girl!” I defended myself.

“Well OK, just make it quick” she replied.

I walked outside and she followed me to the spot where I saw the little girl. She was. . . gone. . .

“Well, where is she?” asked the counselor fixing me with a cold stare.

“Well . . . she. . . um. . . left” I said defeated.

“Well, that was a waste of my time! good day” she said and stalked off.

How can I have a good day? I made a bad impression with the camp counselor , A little girl turned me into a beast! and the only way to change back into my normal self is biting someone I am close to! I screamed in my head.

Then everything just started enveloping me, the terror, the fangs, the claws, the beast. . . It was all to much again. . .I screamed. . . I let the beast inside of me. . . emerge.

I was full beast. I ran back to my dorm tearing everything in my path. Everything around was a blur. Nothing mattered anymore. My life. . . was in ruins.

I tore open the door almost ripping it off the hinges. I screamed, a.k.a howled. I then ran into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I stared. my eyes. . . They were the same silvery blue as the last eye color that flashed in the little girls eyes. How did my eye color change? Why was it the color of the beast girls eyes?

So many questioned swarmed in my head threatening to overwhelm me. I went to my bed to lie down. It still didn’t help. I ran back outside to feel a cold breeze welcome me. I ran out into the forest thinking: If the beast can change me into the beast, she can surely change me back! I thought hopefully, that maybe at least once today, that something may actually turn out right.

Once I was deep in the forest I stopped running and started walking.

“So tired” I panted.

“You shouldn't be hear” said a voice, I knew who it was, the beast.

“You changed me into the beast, now change me back!” I yelled at her.

“I can’t, you have to bit someone your close to, though I would want to know what I was capable of, before I got rid of such gifts” she replied.

“Gifts?! are you serious! a gift! more like a curse! You turned me into a freaking beast!” I now screamed at her.

“You may think it is a curse now, but in the future, it may save your life” she replied calmly.

“If you think I'm going to live my life like this, you are so totally wrong!” I yelled.

“You shouldn't get rid of your gift , we can rise up together and take control! We are more powerful combined then apart! You should choose wisely, because once you make your choice, there’s no going back” she stated staring at me.

I just stared at her and said: “if you think I’m becoming a beast, well. . . your wrong.” I said and took off as fast as I could.

When I was almost back to camp I slowed down to find that I changed back into human form.

If that little beast wants me to find out more about being a beast I will, but I will NOT change into one! I thought, At six, I will go to the library and look up the beast!

And that's how the real journey began . . .

When I woke up, I quickly put on some ripped jeans and a green faded t-shirt. I then ran outside to go to the library.

The only reason why the camp had a library, was because they thought that if the campers found something interesting they would be able to look it up. But usually, no one ever uses the library.

I ran up to the door and threw it open. I looked over my shoulder, no one was out but me. I walked into the library to begin my search.

“Hmm, all search the computer first” I said out loud to myself.

I got onto computer and typed in: The Beast in the libraries catalogue.

And guess what? Only one book popped up. I searched for it and found it on a dusty shelf all alone. The book was black and had two sharp fangs that had blood on the bottom of the tips. Across the picture read: THE BEAST.

Scary I thought. I then opened the book. It read on the first page : If you are under thirteen years of age, I highly suggest you don’t read this book!!!!

Well, I thought I’m fourteen, I can handle this book, after all I am the beast! I told myself trying to reassure myself for what lays in this book,but didn’t help what so ever.

I turned the page, it read: Seriously! Under thirteen! DON”T READ!!! You have been warned!!!

Wow! the author really didn’t want to scare anyone huh! I thought to myself .

Then I turned the next page, It read: I have warned you!

The beast, is a terrible creature , its only job in life is to feed and to make more beasts. The only way you can tell at first that someone is beast before it’s to late is, if you look into their eyes. But if you look to long you will get captivated, and well your either dead or going to be turned into a beast. When you first look into their eyes, you see a flashing of different color. Those colors represent all the different people that particular beast turned beast. When you first meet a beast, and look into there eyes and you look to long, they automatically put you with I different eye color to separate you from the rest of the beasts. To prove to yourself that you are the beast, you have to look into your eyes with a mirror. If you see a different color flash in your eyes, well. . . your a beast.

I read on to the next chapter. It read:

How to get rid of a beastly matter:

If you get bitten by the beast, you have two options of how to get rid of the beast in you. One, you can bite someone you are close to. Two, you can kill the beast that bit you.

Most people would rather go for number two, but, it is also the most dangerous. Since you were just bitten you have a less chance of surviving killing the beast. So, since there are no other options, you should go with number, one so you won’t die. Your chances of beating the beast are very slim. Your chances of beating the beast are Probably one out of a million, so you I advise you, GO WITH NUMBER ONE!!!

Great! I thought I either have to risk dying or hurt someone I'm close to! just perfect!

After I read a couple more paragraphs of the book I found out that the beast was a descendant from aliens from mars. I also found out that one of the beasts weaknesses is the sun.

So that’s why it likes hiding in the shadowy forest! I thought.

I checked out the book and headed for the door, when suddenly I stopped and stared.

right in front of me was. . . the beast, just staring at me with an umbrella to block the suns rays from beaming down on her.

“You know, we are now enemies from this point forward” she called to me in a cold voice with purple eyes staring straight at me like daggers piercing me.

So, that's what her eye color is when she is the beast. I thought.

“Yeah, I know, I also found some useful information” I said smiling wickedly at her.

I then held up the book to rub it in her face.

“Where, . . . where did u get that?” she asked, astonished, I wondered why?

“Why do you ask?” I questioned.

“It’s just that book was written by the last camp counselor, who was also the counselor that founded this camp, which, I killed. Also I was the one to destroy that book, I thought, it must be protected some how” she said still staring at the book with a power-hungry gaze .

I stared at her, and then said: “You killed the author, . . . of this, book?” I hardly managed to get out a whisper.

“Yes, I killed him, his name was Paul Stephen Pittersburge” She replied calmly.

“Wait did you just say. . .Pittersburge?” I gulped.

“Yes”

“So, you killed, my grandfather?”I said with rage pouring and crashing over me like a title wave.

“How dare you!” I screamed at her.

“Well you took forever to figure that out!” replied the beast snottily.

“I hate you so much! You. . . you will pay for what you have done! I will kill you if it’s the last thing I will ever do!” I screamed at her.

“Yes, . . . It will be the last thing you will ever do”

Like it was flash back from when I first got bit, she lunged at me. . . again. But this time. . . I’m taking her down.

I swiftly moved to my left to get out of her path. She lunged straight through the glass door to the library. It shattered into a million pieces.

“Ow! that has to hurt!” I said staring at the mess.

The beast got up stumbling for a second, but then got into a fighting stance once more.

I ran. . . I know, pretty cowardly of me. But what chance did I have against her? She had much more experience! Until I changed into my beast form, I would have to make a run for it. . .

How can I change into beast form? I thought while I was running in the dark green forest. I thought. What if I bring up all my rage? Usually when I’m mad I turn into the beast! It happened at the counselors cabin, why wouldn’t it work now?

I thought about the pain that the beast gave me that poured into my soul, I thought about how she said I would have to hurt one of my friends just to get rid of the beast, I thought about the lies she has told, and I thought about mostly. . .what she turned me into. . . a beast. . .

I screamed in pain. I’m changing! I thought excitedly. I saw long claws come out from underneath my finger nails, I saw my feet beginning to grow, I felt my teeth being knocked around in my mouth growing into big fangs. I was changing, yet again. . .

I was now in beast form when I heard the beast yowl.

I stopped to a halt and turned around still panting from all the running. Was now in the deep part of the forest. Now no one accept me, the beast, the plants, and trees were the only living things here.

I heard rustling and I immediately knew who it was. . . The Beast. . .

Are fight began. . .

She screamed at me in rage, trying to tear me apart but never got a chance to. I flung her back by grabbing onto her waist and flinging to the right into the prickly rose bushes. That didn’t stop her from trying to rip my throat out though. . .

She lunged out of the bushes mouth opening wide, revealing once yet again her wickedly long fang's.

She was a arms length away from me. She wanted something. Something bad. And I knew what it was. . .Blood. . . my blood. . . spilled all over the floor. She wanted to see me dead.

That brought fiery rage within me alive. It was so strong I thought that five volcanoes had just erupted within me. It burned in me, so much pain. I wanted her to pay. I screamed at her so loud she was stunned. Perfect! I thought. I lunged at her throat, aiming with perfect precision. . . I sank my teeth hard into her throat and shook her hard, making sure she suffered. She screamed a blood curdling scream. That didn’t stun me, if only, it made sink deeper. I shook her one last time and threw her against the tree.

I then walked away, just like she did when she bit me. That beast. . . will never bite again. . .

I didn’t notice it until I looked down at my hands.. I was changed. . . back into my human form. No more pain, rage, and no more beast. . .

I smiled all the way until I got back to the camp. . . I was cured. I then just realized that today was the last day of camp. . . I basically missed all of camp. . . Great! you hardly got to do anything! What will you say to Mason and Cura? Plus the teachers? What like, I was attacked by a beast, who turned me into a beast. Then I had to find a way to kill it to get rid of the curse! I don’t think so! I thought to myself sarcastically.

When I got back to my dorm I packed my stuff and then got ready for bed. It was a tiring long day . Plus, I had to make up a lie to cover for my not so great camp story. Though, it would sure make one heck of a good book!

I fell to sleep easily, not worried that the beast would come out of the forest and kill me. . .

Though I should be. . .

She was all tired. Bruised, battered, and defeated. The beast, She just wanted to curl up and rest. But she couldn't. She, had a lot of work to do. Starting with getting rid of that retched Kayla girl. She would pay for what she had done to her. She was after all just a little girl. And the fact that proved it was, she was bitten by her own father when she was just two. Why did she have to become the beast? Why did she have to carry this burden? She was only seven.

The beast, tried painfully to get untangled from the vines that cut into to her. She yanked, crying out in pain. Finally she got untangled and plopped herself down on the hard forest floor only to get up again.

She had to carry herself to the nearest den that she could fine. She would pay back that girl for hurting her like this, and she would kill her father, if it was the last thing she would ever do. She promised herself that.

She fell asleep with so many questions zipping through her mind.

I ran to catch the bus as everyone loaded up. I looked over my shoulder to get one last glance at the retched camp.

So long! I will never see you again! I though happily.

I climbed on the bus heaving my suitcase in a position that was most comfortable. I leaned up against the window gazing out solemnly.

Then in the corner of my eye, I saw something. . . I turned to my right. . . to see. . . The beast. . .

I gazed in shock and horror. How could she be alive? Stared at her. That means. . . I’m still the beast.

I was so horrified I could hardly breath. It was like a title wave just crashed over me. I stared. . . she smiled at me. . . wickedly. . . I am. . . THE BEAST. . .



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 59 comments.


on May. 13 2019 at 9:20 am
Jhonnytest012, Charlottle, North Carolina
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Also it it is pretty good.

on May. 13 2019 at 9:19 am
Jhonnytest012, Charlottle, North Carolina
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
WOW
So this is a real vampire story hmm m?

on Jun. 7 2014 at 3:20 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments
Aw, thank you! And basically, she's a beast haha xP thank you for reading! ~ Free :)(; 

on Apr. 18 2014 at 6:22 pm
GhostMatrix SILVER, Bradenton, Florida
6 articles 3 photos 82 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live Each Day To The Fullest. -Quote From Somewhere Else-

I'm Whatever You Want Me To Be - My Quote -

Was the little girl a Vampire or something?           I like It.           Good Work.             Keep Writing.  

on Feb. 5 2014 at 10:21 am
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments
Thanks for posting! And yeah,  I do have a lot of grammatical errors in this story, it was my first, and I also need to work on lengthening my stories XD    ~ Free :)(;

hydes13 said...
on Dec. 15 2013 at 4:23 pm
the story was very interesting..if i say so myself. But, the author of this piece had a few gramatic errors. Once he/she gets more exprienced little or no errors will be there. P.S. It should have been longer.  

on Apr. 23 2013 at 4:04 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments
Thanks So much! :D I keep rereading this, and i feel like a wrote it like a little kid! But thank you! :D  ~ Free :)(:

on Aug. 23 2012 at 8:36 am
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments
Thank you for reading and commenting! I do really appreciate it! :D   ~Free :)(:

HadiMDK said...
on Jul. 25 2012 at 10:57 pm
HadiMDK, Lkl, Alaska
0 articles 2 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is worth living in difficult life, if we have a great aim :)

Yupp. You hve talent and i can see ur hardwork there. :D 

Nway,sorry bcoz im don't have any story/book to share.Heee i have no talent in this field.So, people like you please dnt waste ur talent~ :)

PEACE :B


on Jul. 23 2012 at 5:22 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments

Awww, thanks! :D I just need to work on grammar and lengthning my stories :)

 

~Free :)(:


HadiMDK said...
on Jul. 21 2012 at 5:00 pm
HadiMDK, Lkl, Alaska
0 articles 2 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is worth living in difficult life, if we have a great aim :)

U means sequel ? wow.. that's GREAT ! :D

Nway, wish u good luck for ur work..dnt worri u'll get published~
PEACE :B


on Jul. 12 2012 at 1:17 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments
Oh don't worry! I will NEVER stop writing until I get published!!! :D Thanks for for the comments! :D:D I'm working on the sequal now! :)

HadiMDK said...
on Jul. 8 2012 at 10:46 pm
HadiMDK, Lkl, Alaska
0 articles 2 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is worth living in difficult life, if we have a great aim :)

Welcome..! keep going and never stop write,ok?  :)

on Jul. 8 2012 at 12:38 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments

Thank you so much! And thanks for reading my story! It's greatly appreciated!

 

~ Free :)(:


HadiMDK said...
on Jul. 8 2012 at 10:37 am
HadiMDK, Lkl, Alaska
0 articles 2 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is worth living in difficult life, if we have a great aim :)

I've read the comments first and i thought it will be bored when the comment said it's like twillight.But personally, it is different. I love its timeline~Really like ur story :D

From beginning story, i already thrilled!


on Feb. 26 2012 at 6:47 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments
yeah! I would love to read it!!!! But I have to get off right now! I'm looking forward to reading it!!! :)(:

on Feb. 26 2012 at 5:57 pm
CountryPopGirl PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, New Jersey
38 articles 16 photos 64 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable. That's the burden. Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us to fly..."
-Dr. Jack Hodgins (Bones)

That's okay. I bet it'll still be good.

By the way, do you think you could read my book: We Are Who We Are

It also has a "supernatural" creature. 

The book has "beasts" in it also.


on Feb. 26 2012 at 5:05 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!! You made my day!!!! Yeah, and I'm still writing the sequel. Its probably not going to be done for a while because I have SOOO many other stories I have to finish! Thanks for reading and commenting on my stories! :)(:

on Feb. 26 2012 at 3:03 pm
CountryPopGirl PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, New Jersey
38 articles 16 photos 64 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable. That's the burden. Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us to fly..."
-Dr. Jack Hodgins (Bones)

OMG!!! This was SOOOOO GOOD. I my mind, i imagined the beast as a cross between a werewolf and a vampire. You should TOTALLY make a sequel. Also, I don't know why, but this reminds me of 1 of your other books Problems of a Ten Year Old Girl (probably because I read it before this). Anyway, Both are REALLY GOOD. Keep on writing! :D

on Feb. 26 2012 at 2:08 pm
Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
40 articles 1 photo 769 comments
Thank you so much! And I hope you like it! :)(: