The Kingdom of Ice | Teen Ink

The Kingdom of Ice

By Allison98 BRONZE, Stamford, Connecticut
Allison98 BRONZE, Stamford, Connecticut

Summary:

Settled in the far north is the kingdom of Noir, where snow covers the entire land.  Under the rule of the king, the people of Noir live under complete military occupation causing outrage throughout the country. Enter Sima Reine, captain of a small cavalry unit and genius son of a powerful military family, and Aria, a tough street urchin who takes part in a growing rebellion.  Bound by their duties to their loved ones and their positions in society, both struggle to find their paths in a country where violence and war is the way of life.

Allison F.

The Kingdom of Ice

Allison98 BRONZE, Stamford, Connecticut
Thanks for reading!!

wolvesandwilderness GOLD, Lakeland, Florida

“Funny how a single word can change everything in your life."
"It is not funny at all. Steel is power. Money is power. But of all the things in all the worlds, words are power.”

Darrow au Andromedus and Nero au Augustus in Red Rising.

It's pretty good. Keep it up!

on May. 6 2016 at 10:01 am
Allison98 BRONZE, Stamford, Connecticut
Thanks so much!! I appreciate the feedback :)

on May. 6 2016 at 8:31 am
CNBono17 SILVER, Rural, South Carolina

Lego ergo sum (Latin—I read, therefore, I am)
The pen is mightier than the sword—unknown
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity—1 Timothy 4:12

You've definitely piqued my interest. It's original and engaging, and though there are a few scattered sentences that seem kind of clunky, the story is well-written and seems to be going somewhere very, very interesting. Plus, this is my favorite genre of story, so that helps too:) Love it, and keep up the good work! When you write more, I'll check it out!