Fashion: An Influence on the World | Teen Ink

Fashion: An Influence on the World

By millyr88 SILVER, San Jacinto, California
millyr88 SILVER, San Jacinto, California

Christian Dior, Haute Couture, Spring 2008.  Kate Moss hologram at Alexander McQueen, Spring 2006.  Fendi show on the Great Wall of China, Spring 2008.  Three iconic fashion shows embracing art, culture, and technology into exquisite pieces of clothing.  Designers are constantly evolving the art of clothing to show elements of the world around them.  When I put an outfit on, I make sure that it expresses my personality and embraces the art of fashion. Looking through pages of Vogue have inspired and shaped my life.  I am able to be apart of something larger than myself just by the way I dress.  In Valentino’s most recent Spring 2016 Couture collection, the designers are able to use the romantic era as an influence for their flowing sheer dresses. These dresses inspire me to embrace my body and the features I’m given. It influences me to appreciate simple beauty.  Fashion is a universal concept and has impacted both young and old, male and female.  Many think of fashion as a materialistic way of life, rather it is simply a way to express yourself and bring cultures together.  It shows you a look into the past, present, and future.  Embracing yourself is important and fashion is a wonderful way to do so. “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak”, Rachel Zoe.