Faith, Hope and Belief in the World's Greatest Gifts | Teen Ink

Faith, Hope and Belief in the World's Greatest Gifts

July 13, 2015
By Caz1355 SILVER, Dena, Other
Caz1355 SILVER, Dena, Other
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I sometimes look outside and wonder what it must be like to be a part of nature. A passive bistander to all human creation. Birds for instance see all humanity pass by from above, looking down on the cultural catherine-wheel that is humanity. Whereas insects view humans from the soil of the earth looking up at us as if frightened by our giant figures crossing the earths waste land.

Me, however, I look humanity in the face. Well attempt to my six foot headmaster is more of a challenge to look in the eye. I see the difference in height, age, eye colour... The list is endless. A different individual searching for a purpose in a strange place we call mother earth. A strange phrase that, "mother earth". As if nurturting and comforting but surely this cant be true? Does the earth treat us all to lives of luxury and refinement? The children riddeled with life threatening diseases in the poorest part of Africa would surely not agree?

However, this is what is incredible about our planet. Those who are the least fortunate of us all can perhaps be the ones with the most faith in our world, those who believe most deeply they are blessed. whereas, those who had a private education and are well off are mostly the ones who are of the opinion that we are scarred by the world we live in. 

To see the faces of children in Africa brighten by just one small bucket or book is a life changing experience. They are perhaps the greatest role models to all of us. They teach us that in our lack of faith we set ourselves up to fall down the inevitable crevace of despair. Whereas they in their attitude of hope rise themselves above the situation and see the best in what they have and automatically make their lives better.

People of this world forget what they have and what they can appreciate, take a look around and see there is always someone worse off then you. Hope heels hatred when hatred threatens the peace this world so desperatley needs.


The author's comments:

A piece about the true gufts of the world and the overlooked pleasures