Trip to India | Teen Ink

Trip to India MAG

Anyone who wants to travel outside the United Statesshould go to India. The country has many exciting places to visit; among the mostfascinating are the Taj Mahal, Delhi and Rajasthan.

The white marble TajMahal is renowned for its architectural magnificence and beauty; it is countedamong the world's eight wonders. In 1631, when Shah Jahan's wife died inchildbirth, he brought the most skilled craftsmen from Asia and Europe to Agra.It took almost 22 years to build the memorial to his wife, and even though theTaj Mahal's construction cost many lives, it is an amazing monument to a man'slove for a woman. Shah Jahan intended to build a black marble mausoleum forhimself and have the two linked by a silver bridge, but his own death ended thisbreathtakingly beautiful conception.

Another place to visit is the cityof Delhi, where monuments and relics of all ages and styles come together in oneharmonious whole. Delhi's India Gate, a popular evening spot, was raised inmemory of the 90,000 Indian soldiers killed during World War I and has become amemorial to unknown soldiers.

The third place in India everyone should seeis the state of Rajasthan. Among the most popular places in Rajasthan is the LakePalace, built on a four-acre island at the center of Lake Pichola. Itsapartments, courts, fountains and gardens are worthy attractions.

Indiahas many exciting places to visit; next time you plan a trip abroad, go toIndia.

Faith by Olga T., Franklin, MA

Danger had a Gray Face by Timothy S., Lancaster, PA

Tennessee by Laura R., Destrehan, LA

Canyon de Chelly by Amanda T., Scituate, MA

Nantucket by Courtney M., Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ

By Chris P., Columbia, SC

Send your work

Email a Friend

Send your work

More Travel
TopRightExtra.jpeg
Extra160.jpeg
Extra160bot.jpeg
Teen Ink - PO Box 30, Newton, MA 02461 - (617) 964-6800 - editor@teenink.com
Published by The Young Authors Foundation, Inc. - A 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Copyright 2006 by Teen Ink, The 21st Century and The Young Authors Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
Thispublication may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system ortransmitted in any form or by any means,
without the writtenpermission of the publisher: The Young Authors Foundation, Inc.

deepthi SILVER said...
on May. 1 2015 at 10:41 pm
deepthi SILVER, Karur, Other
BEING AN INDIAN I AM VERY PROUD TO READ THIS ARTICLE.

deletedelete said...
on Feb. 26 2014 at 11:54 am
deletedelete, New York, New York
much swag good good tip top 

on Mar. 8 2012 at 11:05 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Seems cool---I like that the places you mentioned in your article included places meaningful to India's history. Great article~