Student Athlete | Teen Ink

Student Athlete

March 9, 2018
By jamieeann BRONZE, Hemet, California
jamieeann BRONZE, Hemet, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It is a hard life. Student athletes are the busiest students I know on campus. Always missing classes for game we have to make up tons of work and sometimes our teachers don’t let us make up the work that we missed. Being a student athlete is tiring, from the time we get up in the morning to the time we lay down, most of the time we have been up for around 12-14 hours. This may not sound bad to you because most people have 12-14 hour days but our days are not the same. I wake up, go to school, leave school early and basically work out for almost 2 hours not counting warm-ups for our games. My team and I are like a family, we have grown so close and I feel like my teammates are my sisters because I am constantly around them, riding the buses, playing with them, sitting with them while watching the varsity team play. I am with my teammates more than I am with my biological family. Student athletes don’t get much credit, we work our butts off and not many people will worry about the time we got home the night before, trying to get enough sleep to wake up the next morning and take tests at school. I recommend being a student athlete to everyone because staying fit makes you feel so good about yourself. When not playing sports, I feel unhealthy and unfit, because I know I should be doing something instead of sitting on my butt, eating potato chips and watching “Gossip Girl”. People say that they don’t know what sports to do, but I would recommend to start with anything, you can try it and if you don’t like it than you can try a new one. As long as you are trying to get out there and do something.