My 7th Birthday | Teen Ink

My 7th Birthday

March 13, 2018
By LynnLight BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania
LynnLight BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My eyes fluttered open; I looked to one side then to the other. When I lifted my head slightly a sharp agonizing pain, went through my entire body feeling as though it left me paralyzed. I had no ability to deal with the pain on my own. Therefore, I yelled for my mom and step dad Robert.  Sandra, my mother, rushed into my room as though she were running in like Sonic the Hedgehog, with speed.  


“JAHSENIA! What is wrong?” said my mom as she ran into the room.
In a whimper, I responded, “my neck hurts I can’t move it.”
“It will be ok,” said Robert. He who heard the commotion and rushed in.
“How about Robert and I give you a neck message to ease the pain?” asked my mom, with a wary expression on her face.
“O…Okay Thank you,?” I said with a happy expression in return.
They both tried to help me feel better with a message to my neck each simultaneously of either side for a good ten minutes to help to rid of the pain.
My mom after that said “Now that you are feeling much better”.
“Alright, we are done; and we have to get started on things for tonight,” as she gets up.
“Love you kiddo, lay down for a little,” said Robert, as he existed the room shortly after.

I stayed laying down for a bit, until I got enough energy to go and shower for the day. For the next two hours my mom, Robert, Julie and I set-up for the night ahead. As we were close to the end of setting up the party, my father decided to come early and surprise me before anyone were to show.
“Jahsenia ven aca, where are you?” said Arthur, my father, in a loud obnoxious voice.
I came running from my room to greet my father at the door, “Hi” I said to my dad as I hugged him.
“Happy Birthday!” he said with a happy grin. 
“Thank you!” I said with a joyful expression added to my face.
My father went into the living and lounges on the sofa, where he was talking to my mom, well more like trying to flirt with her and failing horribly. Arthur and Robert were somewhat just ignoring each other’s presence. My mom and I looked at each other and laughed, knowing just how crazy both of them were.  Arthur shared a short chitchat with Robert. As he proceeded to leave afterwards 10 minutes because of boredom.

“Me voy a ir, Nada que hacer,” said Arthur as he stands up and starts to walk to the door.
“Well it’s your fault for coming hours early,” said my mom in a clear annoyed tone.
“What the heck, I can come here whenever I want,” said Arthur, in a loud almost yelling voice.
“No you can’t, your very funny, bye,” said my mom in a sarcastically angry tone.


Arthur left with an angered mood; I had thought he would not return for the party, but he then informed me that he would be back no matter what. 

 

                                                                 Two hours later…

My friends Kelly and Andrew, Keira, Kayla, her younger identical twin brothers, and little sister, Shania and Amaya who were also a set of twins there, but the fraternal type, Noel, my cousin Crystalis, and lastly, two sets of my cousins of either side of my biological parents. Ariel and Jazmine plus Janae and Janessa. As each of my friends arrived, I would grab and guide them straight to my room. So we could play Barbie’s, or with a Diego themed checker board, but when finally all of my family and friends and a few random guest had finally all arrived, my eldest of cousins, from my mom’s side of the family, Yaya deiced that all the kids would play hot potato with a REAL POTATO XD.  She played the music and we would pass the potato as if it were a life or death situation. It went something like this…

 

(Sirens in the back going off, and other loud noises, have us all shouting)
Noel said, “COME ON, WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS, CUT THE RED WIRE!”
Kayla said, “HURRY THEIR COMING!”
I spoke next saying, “IM ALMOST THERE. REALX!”
Andrew then says, “THERE IS NO TIME TO REALX!”
Keira says as she raised her gun “PERPARE TO FIGHT, THEIR HERE!” “WE GOT YOUR BACK JAHSENIA, CRYSTAL HURRY!” Says Shania
Crystal says “IM ALMOST THERE, THIS DOOR IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN HACK IN A SECOND!” “OH NO EVERYONE RUNNNNN! I CUT THE GREEN WIRE INSTEAD, THIS PLACE IS GOING TO BLOW!” I say as the others and I started to run.

Safe to say I lost the first round of hot potato XD. We played a good three more rounds before we all got very rowdy and started cheating. Once we got over hot potato, we began playing freeze dance; I on the other hand tried to sneak away without anyone seeing me.  The reason why I tried to leave was because I could not dance and everyone was encouraging me to but I could not so I got shy and ran away. When I went and hid I did not have time to think of a great hiding spot, so as I hid in my mom’s closet, behold my cousin Yaya had found me with a little help from my sister Julie.
“Jahsenia why are you in there, why are you sad?” said Yaya with a worried tone
“I…I…Umm…I’m sad because I want to play hid and seek?” I said with an uncertain tone
I was lying, I could not think of a better lie XD.
“Well sweetie we cannot play hid and go seek…Okay?”
  “Okay…” I say with a somewhat of a sad expression because I would have to go back to the party.

 

                                                                  An hour or so later…

My cake was still not at the party; my mom had asked my step dad Robert, who had been drinking half the night, if he could go with my uncle and Arthur to pick up the cake.  He made a BIG stink about going. Which in return made my mom have to go with Arthur, which later would not end well. When my mom had left I played with my friends and family. My mom and Arthur took 30 minutes at most getting the cake. When they had gotten in, I was overjoyed because of the fact my birthday cake had a full size picture of me on it, so funny words, the people at this particular birthday ate me lol. Everyone had enjoyed cakes, food, candy, and the adults enjoyed minor amounts of alcoholic beverage drinks. A majority of my friends had left by then, being tired as I was; I sat down on our bench. The bench was right beside our Christmas tree. As peacefully as it, all was finally, my cousin Yaya, who sat down next to me accidently as it was, made me fall right over and onto our Christmas tree.


“AHHHH…OW!” I say as my mom rushes to my side.
“Oh my god, are you ok J?” Said my mom as she helps me up.
“I think so,” I say as I fight back tears.

After a few minutes of sitting down some more, as back up the tree went, everyone finally started winding down. After the tree fiasco, I just relaxed in my room with the remaining kids at my party.

 

                                                                    An Hour later…


The entirety of the guest had left by now; I was in my room enjoying my presents when all hell broke loose. Robert and my mom were outside when they got into a huge argument; remember Robert had been drinking the whole night. He started to push my mom, punch the walls, yell, and threaten my mom, sister and me. Before Robert could lay a finger on any of us my mom rushed us to the only room that locked from the inside.

“Mom what happened? Why is he acting this way? I said as I laid on my bed half-asleep.
“It is going to be ok baby just go to sleep, I’m calling the police, it will be fine” she says with a worried expression.


Before I fell asleep, Robert was at the door, yelling, “Let me in”, and saying “he was going to break the door in.” Every time he hit the door, it was as if it was another inch closer to completely shattering as though it were a fragile piece of glass.  My heart was racing I had thought that maybe we would not be ok this time. I looked over at my mom who was on the phone contacting the police; I hoped that everything would be ok in the end. I slowly drifted to sleep, I had awoken to slight whispers of the police; being so far away I did not catch any of the conversation. When I woke up that morning, I knew that the result of what things from the day prior that had happened would from that point on never going to be the same.   Thank goodness, my 7th birthday only happens once in a lifetime, and from that point on, I only get older, as others may say more mature.