Heartbreaks! | Teen Ink

Heartbreaks!

By Neha.J13 BRONZE, Karachi , Other
Neha.J13 BRONZE, Karachi , Other

They say...heartbreaks lead to death. I wonder...why then...am I not dead yet!

They say...that our heart is made up of this linkage of many thousands of threads inside from which, every time you experience a heartbreak that is too much to emotionally endure, a few threads break. I wonder...why then...is my heart still intact! Every piece, every thread still where it could not have been. They say...your heart is more to the left side than it is to the right. I wonder...why then...when it pains, I could neither feel it on the left nor on the right, but right in the centre, spreading out to every bit and every corner of my Pyrex glass body that it can envelope. It swallows me up just how a python swallows its prey, no number of chews.

Sometimes I envision how they’d describe me after my death. How they’d remember be. Would they know that all my “cardiac” threads weren’t as intact as they seemed. Would they say that they could have seen it in my eyes, if only I didn’t have soo many bags under em. Would they call my eyes as sad eyes. Would I still be wearing my infinity sign bracelet...ironic! Would they remember why it was so important for me to wear in the first place.

I guess there’s only a number of everything till you reach the transition. For instance, there are only a number of mitosis that the cells of your body can undergo till your body starts to age. There are only a number of days till it’s already new year. There are only a number of doses you can take of a medicine till it becomes poison for you. Likewise, there are only a number of heartbreaks you can take, till you die!

This piece of writing is not just a dramatic article. It’s all the feels at all those times when one feels absolutely helpless. So to anyone that has felt like that at some point, just want y’all to know you’re not alone.