Open Letters | Teen Ink

Open Letters

December 13, 2017
By Trinitystarr GOLD, Stratford, New Jersey
Trinitystarr GOLD, Stratford, New Jersey
11 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Dear Mom,
I don't want you to suffer anymore. I don't want you to feel so trapped and hurt. I don't want to have to see you cry. I don't want you to make anymore sacrifices. I want to take your pain away. I want to help make it stop. I want to help get you out. I want to be the daughter that you asked for. I want to be honest with you all the time- and i'm sorry that i can't be. I'm sorry i seem so ungrateful. Im sorry he is so cold towards you anymore.


Dear Dad,
I don't want you to be gone for so long., i don't want to clean up messes anymore-especially the ones you can't see. I don't want to hear everything second hand anymore. I don't want so much muted silence. I want my old dad back. I want you to talk to me because you want too. I want you to be there for mom, and be spontaneous like before. I want you to Actually care. I want you to try. I'm sorry for always being bitter and cold. I'm sorry if i don't understand. I'm sorry i drove you away.

 

Dear Big Brother,
I don't want you to be so stressed. I don't want you to be so angry. I don't want you to feel so out of control. I don't want you to seem so depressed. I want to go back to when we played basketball out front. I want to go back to when we ate breakfast and dinner together. I want to go back to the class we shared during your senior year-my freshmen year. I want the two of us to go out with mom again for day trips. I want to lounge on your floor as we talk for hours. I'm sorry we haven't been as close. I'm sorry for how college makes you feel. I'm sorry for not giving good enough advice.

 

Dear Baby Brothers,
I don't want you to cry in your rooms. I don't want you to learn to cover your ears because the world is too  loud. I don't want you to have to scream to be heard. I don't want to leave you. I want to hold you close and keep you warm. I want to watch the silly movie with you- even if it isn't for big girls. I want to read you the bedtime story. I want to kiss you goodnight. Im sorry im not always there to say a bon nuit. I'm sorry you can't always have your cookie bar. I'm sorry i left.

 

Dear Girlfriend,
I don't want you to cry anymore. I don't want the same people to keep hurting you. I don't want you to push me away. I don't want you to be scared. I want a long time with you. I want to be the one to hold you when you can't hold yourself together anymore. I want to be the one that make you smile randomly. I want to keep yous safe from the world. I'm sorry i can't always be there when you need me. I'm sorry i can't always smile-even for you. I'm sorry i can't get yo the perfect gift yet.