Depression

A cloud of despair lingers around me. It makes my surroundings dull as if God has run out of saturation. Laying in a world of grey, until I begin to fear color.

Rainbows burn my eyes and light stings my skin. Once soothing sights send a wave of dread throughout my body.

"Get out of bed," they say.

How can I explain that simply existing in this world is draining me of all my energy?

on Dec. 24 2017 at 12:52 pm
WolfWhisperer0911 PLATINUM, Crosby, Texas

"For I command you, be brave and steadfast! For the Lord your God will be with you whenever you go."
-Joshua 1:9

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack."- Unknown

"Never moon a werewolf." -Mike Binder

@Amelia111 Oh good! I am so happy for you, and I can't wait to see more work that you made. I hope you have a good Christmas!

on Dec. 24 2017 at 11:28 am
un_named DIAMOND, Olympia, Washington
Thank you so much for being concerned about me, I'm already seeing a counselor and I'm actually doing a lot better. The private folder is a really good idea, I'll try that

on Dec. 23 2017 at 9:13 pm

-Joshua 1:9

"Never moon a werewolf." -Mike Binder

@Amelia111 Amazing job! I am heavily sorry that you are depressed, just know that you are not the only one depressed. I want to let you know that there is someone that cares for you and can help you overcome your depression. In case if there is no-one, I suggest calling the National Youth Crisis Hotline( 1-800-448-4663) who can help you with depression. Since you are probably a teenager now, I recommend talking to your counselor about your problems. In case neither of them work, I suggest to have a private folder in a flash drive or computer (if you have one) just for writing about your feelings so that it can give you a safe space to be open to yourself while it makes you an improved writer. I will pray for you, and I hope you have a good day.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!