maybe a new life could be better | Teen Ink

maybe a new life could be better

everything is getting taken away frome me im moving to a new place and have nothing i can do or say about it

Chapter 1: ripped from my hands

Maybe a new life could be better? Maybe a new opportunity will be better, though leaving a place where I was born and raised will be super hard.
I mean... this is all I know.
Yeah, maybe I don’t have a lot of friends or want a lot of friends, but the ones I have are closer than siblings. They’re all I have and all I want.
My Best friend means more to me than a brother, and I know she has my back better than my own spine. Yeah, she’ll always still be there, but not like she is now. She keeps me out of trouble and In-School-Suspension.. She helps when I need her the most, when know one else bothers to do anything. I’m trying to make my time with her last while I still can, but it’s kinda hard when there’s so many breaks in this semester.
This is one of the worst years I’ve had as far as I can remember, because of my mom and dad splitting up, and seeing how much it kills my dad. And there’s my mom, who, without hesitation,  posts pictures of her and her new husband on Facebook.
Seeing my dad cry just sucks.
My mom’s new husband is a nice guy,  but he’s a bit girly:  not what I like. He treats her right; I guess that’s all that really matters: her being happy.
I mean, that’s all she cares about, and she won’t take a step back to see how much me and my brother are affected and unhappy.
I can’t believe I’m getting taken out of my own home, away from my family. My mom won’t understand that change can be bad, and this is a lot of change. She swears she understands, but I don’t think so. It’s like all she cares about is herself. I’m glad she’s happy, but… I don’t know... maybe I was hoping for the best, and I didn’t get it.
Leaving here: this school--will be the hardest. The select few friends I have are amazing, and I hate to leave them, but whatever makes my mom happy is best.
  *Fake smile*

Everything I know