Not Following School Rules | Teen Ink

Not Following School Rules

By Luigi32323 SILVER, Sacramento , California
Luigi32323 SILVER, Sacramento , California

"The closer you are to the light, the greater your shadow."

-Sora

A mistake I always remember is the one time I went off school campus. I was in 5th grade. I was just hanging out with my friend in school. It was recess time and I was having a good time. It was pretty good until it happened.

A student in my class kicked the ball over the fence.  Some students get sad or mad and I felt bad for them.”I should get the ball for them” I thought to myself. After gathering all the courage I needed to I pushed the fence. To my surprize it was unlocked. “Wow,” I thought, “ this is going to be easier than I thought.” So I had to get off school campus to get the ball. It wasn’t that far but i did have to get off campus.

So with all my speed I ran towards the ball. It was on the side of the street. But I was trying to get it. Someone called my name

“Hey Kevin, What are you doing out there?”

I was struck with fear. I turned my head slowly and saw that it was my friend.”Bro you scared me real bad.” I said. So before I did anything I quickly grabbed the ball and ran back to school. Luckily the fence was still opened. So I went in. I went to the students who were sitting and asked “Hey guys why are you playing?”

“Because I kicked the ball over the fence” The kid that kicked the ball over the fence replied.

“You mean this ball” then I showed them the ball. He got really excited.

“Yeah that ball”

“Here you go” I said. I threw the ball at him.

“Thank you Kevin” He reply

‘No problem” I reply. He told all the kids that I got the ball back for them and they all thanked me. Then they all went to play with the ball. I felt happy but I soon lost all of me happiness when a staff member came up to me. She was full of fury.

“Where did you go?” She asked.

I thought “aw man I’m going to be in trouble big time” I said nothing.

“Well, I’m waiting for an answer” She yelled

“I went outside to get the ball” I said. Then she started to yell at me about how they couldn’t find me and that it was a bad thing getting off school campus and I should be ashamed at myself. I was only gone for a few minutes. 5 minutes at most. So in the end I was sent to the principal where she  told the exact same thing.

It was my favorite mistake because I learned a lot. I learned that go off school campus is bad. Also that the school calls your mom when they can’t find you. And that you get ground for month for leaving school grounds and get hit really bad. But since I learned that I haven’t left school grounds.