Don't Talk Back | Teen Ink

Don't Talk Back

By jujubean881 SILVER, Sacremento, California
jujubean881 SILVER, Sacremento, California

"do or do, not there is no try"

“Go do the dishes,” my mom demanded as I walk down the stairs to the kitchen for some snacks.

I put the soap on the sponge and started washing. I started off with the cups and it slipped out of my soapy hands and shattered in the sink. I rinse off the soap and I see a cut on my arm  so I go under the sink to get a band aid as I stand up I see a shadow behind me and I look, it was my mom just standing there she gets some milk from the fridge and she tells me that I should be more careful as she walks away I whisper under my breath, “well this wouldn’t have happened if you would have done the dishes.”

BOW! I feel a sharp pain against the back of my neck , I fall to the floor in pain. I wonder what that was as I stand up and grab onto my neck in pain.

Suddenly I hear my mom point out,”Don’t ever talk back to me again.”

I go to my room to think of what I did i go back down stairs and try to finish the dishes with a tear falling down my face and I hear my mom say behind me don't talk back to me or I’m going to slap you again and
Ever since that day I thought if you don't want to get slapped don't talk back or disrespect my mom behind her back

my writeing teacher wanted me to post it