Kindness Supreme with Extra Cheese | Teen Ink

Kindness Supreme with Extra Cheese MAG

By BelleM BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona
BelleM BRONZE, Gilbert, Arizona

There are few things I am not sure about, like whether the human race came from a floating speck of dust or God, or how this planet will change over the next 100 years. But one thing I am sure about is that people show kindness with Domino’s pizza.
When I awoke from my surgery, food wasn’t appealing. But I had to eat in order to get out of the hospital. So, of course, I picked the tastiest food known to man, Domino’s pizza. Pretty soon, Domino’s was all I wanted to eat; the money we were spending on large pizzas with bubbly cheese and thick crusts was almost ridiculous.
Soon, it was time for me to return to school. My first day back, I learned that my class was having a party for some reason or the other at the end of the day. After recess, my classmates told me to close my eyes. I had no clue what was happening, but obediently, I closed them. Once in the room I opened my eyes and saw a huge stack of Domino’s pizza boxes. My class, after finding out that Domino’s was all I ate in the hospital, got the pizza chain to donate food for my
welcome-back party!
There was no reason for it, nothing for Domino’s or my classmates to gain from this act of kindness. But they did it anyway.
I believe that kindness is a natural instinct. Kindness is a whisper, easily overtaken by louder things such as fear and greed. But, if that noise can be tuned out and seen for what it truly is, not something that we’re born with but something learned from the world, kindness will always win. Kindness can be twisted by the hatred in one’s heart. It can be manipulated to fit someone’s needs until they have something so gnarled and bent, they can gain from it.
But take away what the world says – that if an act doesn’t benefit you, what’s the point? That if you’re good at something never do it for free. Take that away and our natural instinct is kindness. Our intuition is to make people feel better. Our inclination is to make people feel loved. Our tendency is to assure those we care about that everything will be all right, even when we have given up ourselves. The way to achieve these things is through kindness, and luckily, we all have that instinct. 

I hope people will understand from this article that they all have the power to be kind.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH