A Letter to My Depression | Teen Ink

A Letter to My Depression

Dear depression,

Right now I sit in the halls of the psych ward wondering what I'm doing with my life. And they asked me to write this letter to you and maybe I could go home tonight . So how do you make me feel? You make me feel worthless. Like everything I do is never good enough because with you I can never focus enough to get anything I need to get done...done. You frustrate me. You make it so I can't fit in with my friends and I cannot function in society. You make it to were I can't see a passing car without wondering how good it would be to kill me. You make it so I can't be in a high up building without wondering if I'd die if I'd jump. You make it so I can't go to a pizza party without either being looked at like I'm anorexic or a bulimic because I either can't eat at all or eat to much. Sometimes you fill me up so nothing else can come in and all I can do is try to let all the emotions you cause me come out through however I can find. Razor blades on my arm bruises on my legs I do anything I can to get rid of all the feelings. But than there are some days you make me feel like I'm already dead and empty inside. These are the worst days. These are the days you make me feel like everything is hopeless and there's no point to living at all. You make me feel alone.. You make me feel like no one understands and no-one out there who will care but I understand as I'm writing this letter that isn't true. Your a lier. Your misery. All you want is company. But I won't be your company any longer.I no longer will have my soul subjected to your will . And you can't control me. Find a new victim because you don't own me any longer. In fact just leave everyone alone. I don't hate anyone but I hate you. All you do is wreck lives and relationships and families and kill people. You commit the worst kind of murder making someone feel so low that they think they have no reason to live. I want nothing to do with a murder. You aren't right and you aren't my friend.

Sincerely 

V