Life After The First Step | Teen Ink

Life After The First Step

June 26, 2015
By alyssagmz61 SILVER, Sacramento, California
alyssagmz61 SILVER, Sacramento, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I cant even begin to explain how much this piece really means to me. But I'll try my best to explain in depth. Life is all about how you juggle the things that life hands to you. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I'm a firm believer in that quote because I feel like it speaks the truth on so many levels. If you know me personally you know why the way I'm. I do not play the blame game on life. I like the way I'm , I always speak the truth aka what I feel very strongly about and although it may not be a popular one I hope that it makes a difference in someone's life someday. I'm 18 years old and I cant say that I know a lot of other teens that have the same mind set as me. I'm in no way, shape or form trying to say I'm more mature then other kids my age but it's simply a thought I have. 

 

I graduated from high school back in May and I can say that day will always mean something to me. That day meant more to me than me sitting in a seat waiting for my name to be called to get my diploma and a celebration afterwards but more for the fact that I proved to myself that I actually can finish something that seemed to have endless roadblocks. I felt the need to actually prove to myself that I CAN do anything if I put 100% of myself into it. 

 

But all things must come to a end. I will be going to Sacramento City with the mindset of transfering to CSU Fullerton to explore what life has to offer and to become the best writer I could possible be. And meet new life long friends a long the way. 

 

All I can hope for is a life that will be filled with everything I love. The dream is to go to endless amounts of concerts and stay up till the next day drinking excessive amounts of coffee writing reviews of the concerts. That is the dream and I'm excited & scared to see if I can do it.