High School 101 | Teen Ink

High School 101

September 24, 2014
By casertam721 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
casertam721 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
7 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not -Kurt Cobain


I was tense, nervous, and excited; there were a multitude of feelings flowing through me. The one thought I kept replaying in my head was, “I must not be the only one feeling this way”.  It was my first day of high school and I was panicked.

This is the day every high school student should remember, and this is how to survive it. The importance of making a great impression is higher than ever. One little mistake and you will be considered a freak, a loser, or even worse. Caring about your popularity over your schoolwork seems typical in today’s society. This would not be the smartest decision. One of the things teenagers abuse is education, all for a reputation. Making an impression that would last should be a goal, but focusing on your education should be your primary goal.

Being comfortable with yourself is one of the smartest decisions you can make going into high school. If you are being someone you are not you are setting yourself up for failure. High school is not difficult to thrive in, just be yourself and strive. Abusing your education is one of the worse decisions you can ever make, so take advantage of the time you have in high school and learn as much as you can.

Although you may be worried about this “nerve-wracking” day it will go by perfectly. The first day of high school usually tends to be one of the most memorable days of high school. You meet people you will spend the next four years of your life with and that will impact you in ways you could never imagine. I have personally met people that I know will always be relevant in my life.

Take advantage of the diverse group of people you will meet and get to know them. Also make sure to understand the importance of your grades and GPA. High school is a rollercoaster of stress, thrills, and a great time, so enjoy it while it lasts.   
 


The author's comments:

Short-Story Nonfiction