Fears vs Dreams | Teen Ink

Fears vs Dreams

By saatvikarathor GOLD, Bangalore, Other
saatvikarathor GOLD, Bangalore, Other

I feel an intense pressure to be the best version of myself. I feel like I’m going to be tested at every moment, not just at exams. I know that I can be good at what I do and I fear if that’s not good enough.

I’m thrilled about college. I have no idea of what it’ll be like. I’ve heard scary stories but that has only made me exhilarated. I feel like my life is starting now. I feel like it’s a one-shot thing and I need to be perfect at the beginning.

I feel like I have to do something at college or at least give a part of myself in the attempt. I need to make something out of my life, and I need to do it now. I want to be valued for something other than what I am so far.

I have years and years of school ahead of me. I’ve always deeply associated myself with what I study. I feel vulnerable because I don’t know if it will always be like that. I’ve been comfortable being sheltered thus far, and now I feel suffocated because there’s a lot I want to do, that I can’t right now.

I have a competitive streak - I fear that my work will not mean as much to me as it does to someone else. I’m most afraid of the possibilty that I won’t be the best and I fear that someone else’s best will be better than mine.

I want my career to have chosen me, as much as I’ve chosen it.