Enjoying Life | Teen Ink

Enjoying Life

By Cole Wetzel BRONZE, Gap, Pennsylvania
Cole Wetzel BRONZE, Gap, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Excitement filled my body as I was crawling around the thin, hard carpet of the hotel’s floor. My soccer team and I are at a hotel in Baltimore, Maryland for a soccer tournament. It was between games and we were just trying to have a fun time. We were so bored! But, we may have gone a little too far.
The hotel is set up so that the floors of the hotel overlook the center lobby of the hotel. It is really neat because at night, the moonlight shines the center window and gives light to each level of the hotel. It is quite a view to see! But one day, we took advantage of this neat layout. We thought that it would be funny and joyful to throw paper airplanes made out of very thick paper out into the open space above the main lobby. I really did enjoy watching the airplanes glide above the lobby onto the opposite side of the building. But apparently, the security guards did not think that this was so funny.

The minute one of the security guards noticed what we were doing; he jogged to the elevator, and punched in our floor. My heart dropped as I knew that we were going to get yelled at. But, my friend Tiboy had other plans.

“Let’s get out of here!” he said.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” I asked him nervously.

“Of course it is man! Don’t be a chicken!” he answered.

“Whatever you say,” I replied.

We slowly started to stand up. Then we waited for the guy in the see-through elevator to look in the opposite direction, and sprinted for the second elevator.

“Go to the second floor!” I yelled.

I have never been so happy! Joy was just running through my veins at that point. Even though running from the security guard was probably not the best decision to make, my friends and I had a ton of fun, running around the hotel. This is what being a kid is all about; maybe not doing the best thing, but having a blast. Yes, we finally got caught by the security guards, but we learned to not take this action again. The rest of the weekend, we were behaved. Nothing is better than having the warm feeling of friendship around you!