Menter, Mentee | Teen Ink

Menter, Mentee

April 26, 2010
By _TruStr_ PLATINUM, Muskegon, Michigan
_TruStr_ PLATINUM, Muskegon, Michigan
26 articles 7 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt- Mark twain


She's been part of my life for quite sometime now. It's hard to think of anything to say because there's so much to say I can't type every single thing out. I do want to say that she's sweet, clever, smart and very beautiful. She may be married but she's still her own woman. This woman is my mentor.
I met her when I was in the 5th grade. I'm not going to say it all, but just to make a long story short; we've bonded together through happiness, pain and much more. My mentor supported me through all of my bad times. Even in the good ones too, who ever knew a few kind words and a strawberry milkshake could go so far? She made it happen. If I ever needed advice and had no one to turn to I'd dial her up then soon see her smiling face there when I'd need her.
She talks a bit too much, and can be a bit too generous, but I wouldn't have her any other way. My mentor could be my grandmother and still be my best friend. She's helped me find ways to get jobs and introduced me to people that could give me a head start on my career. She knows when I'm uncomfortable and nervous. A heart to heart hug and a kiss on the cheek . She's so wonderful, God why did you pick me?
Though, my mentor guided me through many triumphs I gave her a reason to love me also. When ever she's in pain or needs my help I'm there to give her whatever she wants. I comfort her when she wants company, even I helped her recognize a few hidden talents.
We bond together so well, like yin yang, my mentor and I. There's so much more I'd like to say but it's all jumbled up in my head I can't make coherent sentences so let's just say we're the perfect mentor and mentee. If we were put together it'll be destructrion. Now how many can say that about their mentor and mentee.