the accident | Teen Ink

the accident

October 2, 2009
By auna123 BRONZE, Bethel, Alaska
auna123 BRONZE, Bethel, Alaska
1 article 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Education is what survives when what has been learnt has been forgotten." B.F. skinner


It was a normal school day. We where running line drills and I started to get dizzy because I was getting thirsty. Then I ran into some one I really wasn’t paying attention. Suddenly all I saw was a flash of blue and I was on the floor holding my head. When I looked at my hand and seen all that blood is when I really started to freak out. One of the teachers or some one started to clean the blood and was holding paper towels to my head. They asked me what my car looked like and I gave the first letters of my license plate and the type of car. They called 911 and the EMTS came and my dad and sister too. They put me on a stretcher and I as on my way to the ER.
I was in the ER in a small room with heavy curtains for separation walls. There were also some medical instruments. They made me stay flat on my back with a very uncomfortable neck brace on. Eventually I got really hungry and tired I started to cry. I started to get really claustrophobic. Next thing I knew was I started to cry. They took x-rays they had to move me around to get a good shot that was the best part because I got really restless just staying still in the ER. That probably was the best part. When I got home my mom wanted me to quit basketball but I won that argument. After that I had to stay more apart from people when we did line drills.


The author's comments:
i hope this never happens to any one so people be carful when your in sports