Outside | Teen Ink

Outside

March 12, 2018
By james.macisaac BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire
james.macisaac BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My favorite place to be outside is anywhere surrounded by trees, with my dog by my side with a ball for him to chase; so I can feel the memories of what I once had and what I wish I could have forever. Every time I enter the woods I feel a rush of nostalgia such as warm summers with planes flying over head, the birds chirping, the dogs all chasing a ball, and I’d go play hide and seek with my cousin and brother which those days were just pure joy and there’s nothing else I'd rather do than to go back to those days. Although in the winter I never actually walk in the woods I still like to look out the window and see because it's calming and looks nice.


One of my favorite experiences while walking in the woods was with my mom, dad, and brother when we were walking through a trail that began down the road from my house and ended somewhere between my road and Poor Farm Road. After we came up from a steep hill we started walking and to the right of us was a small marsh and two white tail deer were standing just staring directly at us then quickly turned and ran. After that we started walking back down the trail my mom spotted a tree frog and I’d never seen one before which made this easier for me to remember. Now every time I think about going for a walk down that trail that’s what comes to my mind first.