Treadmill | Teen Ink

Treadmill

By kaylee09 BRONZE, Warran, Michigan
kaylee09 BRONZE, Warran, Michigan

rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh crap I’m bleeding! Is what I thought right after it happened…

August 1st, my birthday was in two days and my friend was over we were all alone in my mom’s old house when we decided to mess with the exercise equipment. It was dumb I know I was on the treadmill walking slowly I started walking a bit faster but was fine. Damit! I hit the 10 it was the fastest it would go I freaked out and in a panic I stepped on the sides it made a loud noise that scared me, I stepped on the front next and then I dropped I was freaking out as I slid down the treadmill on my knees. I had made a hole in my MOM’S WALL I hadn’t even seen my leg or felt the pain yet I was still in shock. Vivian asked me if I was ok then saw my leg I could barely move it then the pain kicked in I didn’t cry or at least tried not to I looked at my leg and was in shock I thought it was worse because it felt like my leg had been ripped off. Vivian had to help me to the bathroom and we cleaned out my wounds. My left leg took most of the damage “owww it hurts bad so be careful!” I say.

“sorry” Vivian says being more careful as she helps wrap up my leg.

She helps me to my mom’s room as we lay on the bed I was trying to ignore the pain as we try to think about an excuse for why my leg was mangled and why there is a hole in the wall I wanted to cry I felt like a bunny running from a wolf with my leg broken it was a trap set for death. When my grandma came back I would be in trouble no avoiding it. Later when she came home I couldn’t stop myself from crying she made sure I was ok and wasn’t mad.  Vivian went home we had to go home after a few days my mom had come home early we got home and I laid on my bed as my grandma Angie fixed me up.

I felt pain for the next few days but was ok. Well back to now I still have visible scars from this experience and now I know not to laugh at videos or people when this happened to them because this scars you for life although I cannot stop you from laughing at it I hope you know realize how bad this is goodbye