One Frame at a Time | Teen Ink

One Frame at a Time MAG

September 14, 2017
By Liam O'Keeffe BRONZE, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Liam O'Keeffe BRONZE, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

If only a photo could capture more than a frame, more than a still, more than what is right in front of me. If only a photo could capture the emotion, the vibe, the tone – the irrational logic of my brain as it operates under childish rebellion and adrenaline.
If only a photo could capture the way my mind sways from one idea to another, the way he smiles from the corner of my vision and my heart beats rapidly yet stays calm. If only that photo, that still, could capture the world around it, the way cobwebs against a light transform into something more. Not just for me, but for all who see them.
If only a photo could elicit the same purpose and joy – childhood innocence still so pure, a lack of worry and for once, a simple state of enjoyment.
If only that photo could capture the words “trespassers prosecuted” and show the way my brain went from the overwhelming, all-consuming stress of meeting other’s expectations, to simply enjoying one single moment, one frame of life, one still at a time.
If only that camera, in my untrained hands, could show a world without limits or boundaries, the discovery of a childhood lost.
And as I stand, my body immune to the cold and pain that so often surrounds me, as my eyes glance at the sign and the reflex of a smile crosses my face, as my finger pushes the button and the firing
of the shutter captures a single still – I can’t help but think how easy life is when you’re only moving one frame at a time.