Equality | Teen Ink

Equality

By Mimii BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Mimii BRONZE, Houston, Texas

My first experience with equality was when I was when I was 8. However, it was a normal day as in which I was in my grandma’s house. My grandma lived in a neighborhood with color people. Occasionally I always found it weird that I saw this 4 kids always looking at us. Every day, every time, I always saw them picking thru the window. One day this kids went outside and decided to play, as soon as I saw them play my brother and I went along to ask if we could join. Eventually, the little kids’ rudely told us "No, how about y’all go back to where y’all belong you little Mexicans." We responded quickly, saying " shut your black a** " In a matter of time this lady screamed at them and told them to go inside. From that day on, from weeks to weeks the little kids made us faces and looked at us as if the hated us. Eventually one day my brother and I saw the kids crying, we went on and asked them what was going on. They had told us “why do y’all care, go look around somewhere else", after that we didn’t stop assisting until they told us. They little kids never had time with their mom home, they usually didn’t eat or weren’t as happy as we were, that’s what made them hate us so bad because they knew we had everything, we were always happy. Occasionally the felt as if they had no rights or nothing because everywhere they went they were judge by their color. Above this we told them our experience too with people judging us because we talked Spanish and where "Mexicans". In conclusion, we (the kids and I) all wanted it to be equal as everyone else. Occasionally over the years until now we haven’t been judge for our ethnic or form of being. Matter of fact noticing we aren't really all different than another. We have all giving the same rights. 

What inspired me to write this is the way i see the people. How everyone is treated.