My Dog | Teen Ink

My Dog

By KodyGalde BRONZE, Marysville, Washington
KodyGalde BRONZE, Marysville, Washington

It was when the cold air started to hit my face which made me feel frozen, i was running down the street chasing my dog. I'm sprinting down the road after her, I watched her run into the backyard of a house and in that backyard there was a big hill that lead down to a creek, so i was trying to run really fast after her. I made it to the house and she had gone under the fence so i just jumped over the fence after her i saw her as she was going down the hill, I yelled to my mom who was back in the person's yard to tell her where i was. I had ran towards her not thinking about being in anyone's yard or anything, I ran down the hill and slipped and started sliding down it and then i got back up and i was all wet because of the wet grass.

I got up and i had her cornered between me and the fence so i walked towards her slowly and i had got her! i picked her up and had started walking through the guy's back yard when i looked up i had heard a soft scream i thought it was my mom but it wasn't!? it was the owner of the house. I got freaked out and ran really fast while holding my dog, i ran to the fence where i had first came too. This time i had found a latch on the gate so I opened it up closed it and ran through the gate and i found my mom standing out on the sidewalk so i ran to her told her  What had happened and she said we should go back home so we both started walking back home and we had the dog and we got home we cleaned her off and got inside and ever since this had happened my family started calling the neighbor that yelled at me we called him Mr. Wilson. The lesson me and my family learned through all this is you should think before you do things even if you're doing it for a good reason because things could happen, Thankfully for me i he didn't come after me or anything because i was trespassing but nothing happened he realized i was just getting my dog. But for others this lesson is you should Think before you do anything that you think wouldnt be ok.

My Dog runnning away