Dear older version of me | Teen Ink

Dear older version of me

December 3, 2011
By Countrylife4 GOLD, Maine
Countrylife4 GOLD, Maine
11 articles 4 photos 118 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Someday soon we're gonna catch that dream we've been chasing"
"Seven days without a horse makes one weak."
"The worst part of riding is when you dismount."

Insult my clothes, I say, “Okay, thanks for the compliment.”
Insult the way I look, I say, “Thanks for notifying me.”
Mock me and say riding isn’t a sport, and I’ll say,”You say that ’cause you can’t ride.” But before you make fun of my horse, make sure you have “911″ on your speed dial.


If you find this letter I hope you made your dreams come true since the first day you talked. I hope you and your horse made it all the way to Tennessee and started that big horse rescue you kept wishing for. I hope your wish came true when you met Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift in a concert, or bought that huge brown dually truck you always wanted. I also hoped you had a wonderful life time hanging out with the young version of me and all those times John made you go off a big jump on a sled in the winter time even though you didn’t want to. I hope to see you again when we both meet up with everybody in the sky, and don’t forget, I hope wherever you go, dreams will come true if you believe and never give up. From the younger version of you, Ronnie. P.S - I hope people still call you Ronnie and do you still have mac’n cheese every Friday night for supper?