Actor Amarr M.Wooten | Teen Ink

Actor Amarr M.Wooten MAG

By AlaNova ELITE, Naperville, Illinois
AlaNova ELITE, Naperville, Illinois

Dalai Lama said, "There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called YESTERDAY and the other is called TOMORROW, so today is the right day to love, believe, do, and mostly live..."

Sixteen-year-old Amarr Wooten, has been acting since the age of three and is set to star in the upcoming series “Knight Squad.” Amarr played the lead role in the movie “Splitting Adam” and has received award nominations for his guest-starring roles in “Liv and Maddie” and “BUNK’D!”.

Angelina Lee: We’re already into a new year – what’s one of your biggest takeaways from 2017? My biggest takeaway from 2017 would have to be Knight Squad!

If you had to make a New Year’s resolution for 2018, what would it be? My resolution for 2018 would be to better myself and my mind.

How did you get into acting in the first place? I got into acting because of my mom! When I was two years old, I was modeling and a lot of people recommended to my mom that I should act, so when I turned three years old she finally gave in!

What’s the best part about acting? The best part about acting for me is the emotion that goes on behind the camera. I love the rush! It drives me!

Do you want to shape your career around acting, or is there another profession you want to explore? There are other professions that I’m practicing, but acting comes first for now.

Where do you want to see yourself in 10 years? In 10 years I want to see myself happy, healthy, and doing what I love.

If you could give your younger self advice, what would it be? If I could give my younger self advice, I would say to not sweat the mistakes that happen along the way, and to remain focused on your dreams, instead of remaining focused on the people that come and go.

I hear you’ll be starring in the upcoming series Knight Squad. What’s the most exciting part of starting a new project? The most exciting part of starting a new project is working with the new people that come into your life.

What’s different about your role in this series than roles you’ve done before? My role in Knight Squad involves stunts and sword training, which is something that I haven’t had to do before, so I love it!

If you could be in any movie franchise, what would it be? TV series? I would love to be in the Star Wars franchise! What’s the best acting note you’ve ever been given? A few years back I filmed a movie called Splitting Adam, and I remember that I would get mad at myself because I wasn’t being “authentic” and a woman named Kelly Park reminded me that all I have to do is stop worrying about being “authentic” and to just have fun and to be myself.

How do you find a balance between school and acting? My parents help keep me balanced and I keep myself balanced with school because school is important to me!

Has your public acting career influenced how people interact with you at school? I’m home-schooled now, but growing up as an actor, I was always “different” at school. My friends and I would joke around about the commercials and movies I was in, but they always treated me the same!

Zendaya once said she sees herself as a “real model,” in the words of Tupac Shakur, rather than a role model. Do you see yourself as a role model or “real model” for kids and teens watching, and how does that influence your performance? I consider myself a real model as well! It’s a tough, crazy business and I want people to see me for who I am and to see the business for the way that it is!

How has social media shaped your life? How do you think it will shape our generation? Social media hasn’t changed my life in a big way. I might see a cool background and take a picture by it to post on Instagram or Snapchat, but other than that I try not to become addicted to it. Most of this generation rely on social media. Kids and teenagers see different people … who they think have the “perfect life” then they try their hardest to have that life too.

What’s your favorite sport or team? My favorite sport to watch is basketball, and my favorite sport to play is either football or soccer. I’m a huge fan of the Lakers and the Celtics!

Do you think artists should stay away from political statements? Why? It depends on the statement. You’re going to turn heads the wrong way on any politically associated topic, but if they want to speak up for what they believe in, then I wouldn’t stop them.

Who is someone in the industry you’d really like to work with? It’s a tie between the Rock and Kevin Hart. It seems like it would be fun to work with both of them.

What question would you ask that them? I would ask, “How do you approach a new role?”

If you could put down three life goals, no matter how lofty, what would they be? Three life goals would be to 1. live a happy, healthy life. 2. Spend as much time with my family as possible. 3. Make sure all of the hard work pays off.

What is the first step you take in accomplishing these kinds of goals? The first step I take when trying to accomplish these goals is to believe that I can accomplish them.

Who is one person in your life who helped you get to where you are today? My mom

Okay – quickfire round: What is YOUR favorite TV series to watch? “Arrow” on the CW

Favorite movie? “The Dark Knight”

Favorite music artist right now? Chris Brown

Song you can’t get out of your head? “Man’s Not Hot”