Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

By Onemanwolfpac_01 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Onemanwolfpac_01 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Dear Vietnam Veteran,

I would like to start off this letter saying thank you for your bravery and courage to fight in a war that you may not have been for. As history has told us you did not get the welcome home feeling as you deserve and hopefully today you can get the welcome home you all deserve. I am from a military family as my grandfather served in the Korean war in the Air Force and I have heard stories about war and it is nothing anyone should have to go through. But because of the courage and bravery of our past soldiers like you we are able to be free and live the life I love and I cannot thank you enough for what you did for society and the people of the United States of America.

My name is Ben from Pewaukee, WI, and I am a senior in high school. I would just like to take the time to thank you for your service because even though it was not a war everyone like you still sucked it up and fought for your country which take courage and bravery. Two characteristics most people don’t have today and are thankful that you had both of them at our time of need.

I hope you enjoyed your time visiting the national monuments that represent your bravery and courage. You are the most important person to see the monuments and I am glad that you were able to see them. I can not thank you enough for your bravery and courage and God Bless America!

Sincerely,
Ben