Walk for ALS 2015 | Teen Ink

Walk for ALS 2015

By mattyaoneill SILVER, New York City, New York
mattyaoneill SILVER, New York City, New York

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Benjamin Franklin

Recently I did the walk for ALS with my Aunt Claire. This was the second year of the walk tradition. We do the Walk for ALS, not only because it is for a good cause, but because my grandmother on my father's side (My Aunt Claire's mother) had ALS and died from it when my dad was very young, about three years old. This is not only extremely sad, but it shows that we must find a cure for it. And in order to raise money for a cure for ALS, is to donate, walk, and contribute to the Walk for ALS. The people who run the organization are amazing in setting up the walk, and every year it is turns out to be a big success. So please, have a heart and help out, to stop ALS once and for all! Even if you are unable to walk for it, you can always donate some money to the cause or even tell a friend to do the walk also! I know in my heart that my grandmother is a beautiful young thriving woman who does so much for her wonderful family. And she still does, up in heaven! NOBODY deserves nor chooses to have ALS, so please visit the website to sign up, donate, and walk for ALS next year. Visit the Walk For ALS website.

This piece was inspired by my Aunt Claire, for the second year in a row, she has done the walk with me. And we feel so proud to know that we are doing something for a relative and moving forward and finding a cure!