Best Super Power | Teen Ink

Best Super Power

By Jeonish SILVER, Hemet, California
Jeonish SILVER, Hemet, California

Some might say that flying is the best super power but that is not the case.The most useful super power would be to be faster than the speed of light. It makes traveling easy, you can move out of the way of danger, and you can travel forward in time.
When you can run faster than light itself, you would never have to wait to go somewhere again. You would run faster than cars or planes so you would never have to wait in traffic and never need to wait at an airport. The argument can be made that if you can fly you don’t have to wait for traffic, but not only is flying slower, you could make yourself fly. If you moved your arms in circles fast enough you would generate enough force downward from wind to make you fly. This would not be used unless you simply needed to go up, since running would be faster. Also running faster than the speed of light would mean you could travel across water without assistance from any vessel. With enough speed you could take a step on water, and another step in front of that, and so on, before the surface tension is broken from underneath you.
If your life was ever in danger you could zoom away and escape harm. In the event that someone pulled a gun on you, your options would be limitless. You could take the gun and then take the offender to the police, or simply flee. Again, what if you were crossing the street and a car comes barreling towards you? You’d move out of the way faster than anyone could see that’s what. Say that your one year old son still falls over sometimes while walking around. This time your son wandered a little too close to the pool, and lost his balance toward the waiting water. You, who are faster than light itself, could rush over instantly and save your son from ever falling into the pool.
The coolest thing about traveling faster than the speed of light is that you can travel forward in time. The one drawback of this is that you cannot go back in time, but who needs to do that? The science behind this is all there, just like the way to get super speed. If you have ever said, ”I can’t wait for…” then you’ll understand why this is the best super power. Everything we see is light going into our eyes and our brains processing the light that we see into recognizable shapes and figures, such as people, or faces, or cars, or trees. The beauty of traveling at a speed faster than you can see is that you will exit the actual effect of time. When you move faster than the speed of light you age at a rate slower than everything and everyone around you. If you aim a laser pointer at a wall two seconds away and press on at the same time you begin running, you will be able to touch the wall before the laser and move away again. By the time the laser reaches the wall it will be two seconds old. Because the light is two seconds old and you did more in that two seconds than light did, you have not aged as much as the light.
In the grand scheme of things being able to run faster than the speed of light is the best super power. The applications are endless and can be the greatest super power ever. If not for the countless number of things you can do for being able to travel quickly, escape harm, and travel forward in time.