Singer Celine Dion | Teen Ink

Singer Celine Dion MAG

Music is a passion that has shaped who I am and who I want to become. Thus, it is fitting that the person I most admire is Celine Dion, a woman who has let the love of music guide her life.

Celine was born into a family of musicians, so it was no surprise that she developed a passion for music. Raised in a tiny house in a rural area of Quebec, Canada, Celine dreamed of becoming a performer early in life. But the Dion family had severe economic problems, and the focus of the family was not on her dream, but on putting food on the table. Although conditions were less than favorable, Celine was not discouraged. She continued to sing and took every opportunity to perform.

Celine clung to her dream and it finally came true. Today, Celine's voice is recognized all over the world. Her albums have sold millions and she has received many awards, including several Grammys.

My admiration for Celine, however, goes beyond her success as an artist. I also respect her because she has continually shown that she cares about people. For instance, in a feature on VH1, Celine spoke about the death of her niece, Karine. Karine was only 16 when cystic fibrosis claimed her life. She died in Celine's arms while listening to her sing. Although this was undoubtedly a very painful experience for Celine, she took it as an opportunity to grow and reach out to others. Since Karine's death, she has performed at many benefits to raise awareness and funds for the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Celine has always shown a great deal of support for her loved ones. When she married her manager, Rene Angeli, many frowned on their relationship because Rene is 26 years older. But Celine did not allow the narrow-mindedness of others to influence her private life. She defended her feelings and stood by the man she loved. In 1999, at the pinnacle of Celine's career, Rene was diagnosed with cancer. Celine put her career on hold to take care of him. That same year, she decided to start a family.

Celine is my role model because she is talented, successful and selfless - a rare combination. Like me, Celine believes in the power of music. Yet, although she loves her career, she has proven that nothing is more important than her loved ones. Because of her talent and relentless pursuit of her dream, Celine is a tremendous source of inspiration. Because of her strength, courage and selflessness, Celine is a truly admirable woman. &

i love this so much!

juandadada said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 7:45 am
eso es mentiraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

pedrocobo said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 7:40 am
me cago en tus muertosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Bri-Z said...
on Mar. 23 2010 at 10:39 am
i love celine dion... she is my idol and my hero... i love your article about her! i can only hope that i can be as talented and as great of a person as her someday... your article has taught me more about her... thank you! Brianna L,