A Letter to You | Teen Ink

A Letter to You

February 27, 2018
By versetwo BRONZE, Skokie, Illinois
versetwo BRONZE, Skokie, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Ms. Doolas,

            

Although I never truly held a heart-to-heart conversation with you until this year, I feel the sincerity in your words of comfort. I grew up watching you spread kindness and justice in our tiny school, and I valued and tried to incorporate them into my daily life. You inspired me to analyze and try to understand the perspective of others before my own. Our school contains so many different personalities and opinions, but you never failed to put into consideration the thought process of those they belong to. I believe I grew as a more understanding person, but definitely not without your guidance.
            

I admire you for how you always listen to the problems of those who need someone to talk to. I know many people struggle to find an outlet or someone willing to listen without showing any forms of judgement, but with you here, I never felt lonely. In fact, I thought about this a lot before Kala and I walked into your room unexpectedly one day. As expected, you listened and showed concern and comfort, and I really appreciated our discussion. Your comfort led me to become more open with discussing my more private thoughts with those I trust, so thank you.
             

Lastly, I appreciate you for helping me understand myself more. I recently told you some of my peers told me how ‘perfect’ I seem, and a part of me wished to maintain a similar image. Honestly, I feared letting my guard down and showing everyone my insecurities and how I struggled in keeping my thoughts composed. You helped me to understand how rough times eventually come to an end, and true happiness will come again. In short, thank you for all you do here at East Prairie.

 

Sincerely,


Audrey F.