The Legendary Teacher | Teen Ink

The Legendary Teacher

April 26, 2017
By j.links BRONZE, Austin, Texas
j.links BRONZE, Austin, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When you think of a teacher that someone looks forward to going to her class, you think of Mrs. Sierra. She teaches Pre-Calculus at Hyde Park High School, and she makes learning fun and easy. She doesn’t drone on like most math teachers and just state the lessons on the board and tell the students to do their homework. She actually engages the students, not in a way that would make the student be afraid to be called on. She also jokes around with the students sometimes, unlike some teachers. Sometimes a student can not even pay attention because they can not relate to the teacher. She makes life relatable, tells fun stories, and actually laughs at some of the students’ jokes. Being a very smart individual, she also can answer any math questions that we have with ease. We even watched a video that claimed that if you added up every number in infinity that you would get -1/12. She proved this wrong, stating that they make false assumptions along the way and disproves their own theory. She makes sure we all do well on our tests, and that we actually learn the curriculum rather than just passing through the material just to get through it like other teachers. Mrs. Sierra is the educator of the year.