Senora | Teen Ink

Senora

February 3, 2016
By Brelaw67 PLATINUM, Evansville, Wisconsin
Brelaw67 PLATINUM, Evansville, Wisconsin
48 articles 8 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
My own experience is that once a story has been written, one has to cross out the beginning and the end. It is there that we authors do most of our lying.
- Anton Chekhov


There's something that can be said of a good teacher. They're always there for you when you need it, and though they might not be the most well liked, they're more than the others can hope to be. But these teachers don't search for the compliments or the consistent articles that are being written about them. They're just there, their souls being absorbed by the constant ticking of time. But they'll never be gone. These teachers are forever, and they'll stick with the memories long after they've gone.
I know one of these teachers, and though I don't have her anymore, or see much of her, I can't tell you how much she means to me. Her very essence follows me wherever I go, and though at times I may try to shake it off, I know that she's the best I can ever get. To me, she's more than just a teacher. She's a friend, and a protector. And when times are tough, I know that my protector will always be there, shield in hand, ready to battle the evil witches, her very armor warding off all the darkness with its brightness. And when the tears are shed, the hugs come out, and the evils of the world are clearly outmatched.
When I think about the times that have come and past, I don't know how I could have possibly made it through. The year was rough and the anger was vibrant. Souls had been lost and new fears gained, but I made it through. How could this have happened, I ask myself. But I shouldn't even ask, because I already know that answer. It's the same solution to the questions I have been answering. A pattern in my life. Senora.
When I write this, it comes from the heart. Deep inside my soul, I know that when my life goes on, when I am no longer present in the school, my chances of honoring Senora will disappear and I can't bear to hear it. With such a wonderful person in charge of all the unprepared students, it's a wonder how she hasn't gained credit yet.
Thank you, Senora Collins.