Why Teachers Matter | Teen Ink

Why Teachers Matter

January 8, 2018
By SamaraFear14 SILVER, Poughkeepsie, New York
SamaraFear14 SILVER, Poughkeepsie, New York
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Mama said, don't give up, it's a little complicated."


Every person has had the same job, at some point in their life. And that job is to go to school. Every time that I complain about too much homework, or that school is hard, my parents tell me the same thing every time,”School is your only job. The only thing you need to focus on. Get good grades, and do well in school. When you get to be my age, your gonna realize that school is the easiest thing, compared to a job, when your my age.” Now, I don’t know about you but, I get tired of hearing that. So, what I do is I just stop complaining. It’s the easiest thing to do. I can go on about this all day long, but, that’s not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about the importance of teachers. I know that some of you may not be interested in hearing this, and I don’t expect anything less of you. Some of you are most likely wondering what the importance of teachers are, that’s why you are reading this article, to find out my perspective on why teachers matter. My perspective of why teachers matter is simple: Without teachers, the world wouldn’t be the way it is now. Every person in the world has at least taught someone something. If you did this, you’re a teacher. I know right? You’re probably thinking, that MUST be a typo. Well, guess what? That wasn’t a typo. If you teach someone something you’re a teacher. So that means that you’re probably a teacher, your neighbor, your parents, your teacher’s in school, the mailman(or mailwoman), everyone you know is most likely a teacher. That is part of why teachers matter. The other part is that without teachers, we would still be in the stone age right now. It’s as simple as that. The next time you see your teachers, tell them you’re extremely grateful for them, they need to hear that. I mean, I tell my teachers that, so why can’t you?


The author's comments:

I was inspired by my teachers.