The Ferris wheel Daze | Teen Ink

The Ferris wheel Daze

February 24, 2009
By Shannon BRONZE, Spindale, North Carolina
Shannon BRONZE, Spindale, North Carolina
4 articles 10 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Ignorance is bliss, but I wish to know all. Good and Bad of the world, even if it means losing this "bliss" people speak of. -Unknown


One morning I was walking through a park. A festival sort of thing was going on. Cotton candy, rides, games and even circus acts surrounded me. Walking with my half eaten cotton candy cone, in the corner of my eye something grabbed a hold of my attention.I saw a Farris wheel. I myself love the idea of being in the air glimpsing down on people.I hop on, paying exactly 2 tickets. With the these thoughts zipping threw my head, my excitement grows. The wheel starts moving. As the ride manuevers to the top a screeching noise rises up above all the laughing and joyfulness down below. "this is my favorite part" i whispered to the wind. I knew exactly what was going on, or did i? My cart was at the very tip top of the wheel. I could feel my heart racing! So i closed my eyes and let my imagination let loose.
Something about the wind makes me feel something in the pit of my stomach, something i can't quite explain. But i know for sure that this feeling is wonderful, its the kind of feeling that makes you want to dance like you were five and it didn't matter if you fell down! I wanted to stay there forever, but of course i knew the ride would soon wobble it's way to an end. Right when that very thought was inserted into my brain, a mans voice weaseled it's way through my serenity. "Get up kid!" the Ferris wheel director said. I popped up out of my seat still in a daze, but fully aware of my surroundings. The ride was over and then a bright light shone down on me. I awoke to my dad at the door with the light turned on. "Get up kid!" It's time for school!